• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Big Shocker... cops lie and send man to jail

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
some things never change

Im always for limits on state power. Cops are agents of the state, not impartial law enforcers. They will always err on abuse of power.

Imagine if there was no camera to reveal the truth. That crooked cop would still have a job.

I'm sure some 'Blue Live Matter but Don't Tread on Me' conservative will come along to defend that pig.

Imagine if there was no camera to reveal the truth. That crooked cop would still have a job.
I agree. Cops are good people but as the saying goes absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I agree. Cops are good people but as the saying goes absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I believe most cops are regular folks who just want to put food on the table for their families. But I also believe these jobs whether it's law enforcement, corporate management, or political office... they always seem to attract the power-hungry, the sociopaths, and the narcissists. And unfortunately many of the good cops look the other way when they see corruption because they know what happens when they report it. In their minds it's best to hush up and carry on.

I believe most cops are regular folks who just want to put food on the table for their families. But I also believe these jobs whether it's law enforcement, corporate management, or political office... they always seem to attract the power-hungry, the sociopaths, and the narcissists. And unfortunately many of the good cops look the other way when they see corruption because they know what happens when they report it. In their minds it's best to hush up and carry on.
Here is a really good guy to listen to. He is talking about DUI's here but he often streams about videos with abusive cops

I'm sure some 'Blue Live Matter but Don't Tread on Me' conservative will come along to defend that pig.
That is really the scary thing to think about... how many innocent people are in jail right now? How many that maybe broke a law but it became far worse when the cop later lied, like here. How many innocent people have been shot or killed. If we are seeing this many now, with cameras everywhere then I can only imagine that the numbers in the past and today have to be staggering.

That is really the scary thing to think about... how many innocent people are in jail right now? How many that maybe broke a law but it became far worse when the cop later lied, like here. How many innocent people have been shot or killed. If we are seeing this many now, with cameras everywhere then I can only imagine that the numbers in the past and today have to be staggering.

As a libertarian, I used to hate the idea of cameras everywhere. However, with incidents like the this, I have started to think the more cameras the better.

As a libertarian, I used to hate the idea of cameras everywhere. However, with incidents like the this, I have started to think the more cameras the better.
I disliked cameras as well... then I moved here and there are many up, especially in central business districts... but parking lots, malls, crosswalks, schools, they are all over and I live in a small place. Then there are the thousands of people ready at a moments notice to start filming.

Oh EDIT: LOL I forgot to say that I got used to them and they are no big deal. I think that like dash cams, police videos get recorded over if nothing happens within a week, or whatever... but I could be wrong.

I dont want cameras everywhere but all police interactions should be filmed. If for some reason the cops "lose" a video then the case should be dismissed.
'

Cops should be on camera every minute of their shifts. Every minute.

Law enforcement has license to lie. Now you can go to jail for lying to them.

Best to follow their directions and remain silent. Everything you say will be twisted around and used against you.

Here is a really good guy to listen to. He is talking about DUI's here but he often streams about videos with abusive cops

He has alot of his cases on video. He is great in court.

So the victim of the police officers lying would have gotten multiple years and the officer would get off with just the one year? That sounds a bit iffy to me. Now if he had lied about stealing a packet of tums no problemo, 1 year would be too much but this just sounds a bit lob sided as the risk to their victim and the risk to the officer.

Law enforcement has license to lie. Now you can go to jail for lying to them.
I have had that happen to me. I was honest and tried to explain things to the cops. I learned my lesson. Never talking to them again about pretty much anything. They twisted shit badly. Luckily it was not a huge thing, at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom