• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Ranked 27t

Re: Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Ranked

It must be such a sad thing to have these imaginary victories after whining about the lack of links instead of countering the content....which shut you up, ie no countering of the posts....just whining......and victory laps.

Is this your "raising the bar"?

Care to address California's record on poverty?

Re: Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Rank

It is always funny to see cons claiming that Wiki has the last word! But notice, even this entry admits importation of foreign steel was already happening.

Not in any large scale. Per Time (1959)

The cumulative effect of the longest nationwide steel strike in history (see NATIONAL AFFAIRS) cut deep into U.S. industry. With stockpiles reduced sharply, dozens of industries are slowing down and beginning to lay off. Auto, appliance, farm-equipment, machinery makers are all tightening their belts, and they face still more trouble before the economy is rolling at full speed again. The mills will need four to six weeks to get back to 90% of capacity, at least three months to fill the empty pipelines.

Read more: Business: Steel: The Strike's Blow - TIME

The strike forced importation of steel in a significant volume for the first time in US history. Until then, our businesses relied almost exclusively on American Steel. The dumbest thing anyone can do is encourage their customers to buy from someone else and that's exactly what the Unions did.

Re: Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Rank

Not in any large scale. Per Time (1959)

The strike forced importation of steel in a significant volume for the first time in US history. Until then, our businesses relied almost exclusively on American Steel. The dumbest thing anyone can do is encourage their customers to buy from someone else and that's exactly what the Unions did.
Again, i will remind you, it takes two to fight, bad things happen when there is not cooperation, the govt fought in favor of the industry, the industry for all intent was greatly damaged.....and imports were allowed to flourish at below cost levels. The strike may have accelerated the event, but it is the same story with all of the other US industries cited.

Re: Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Ranked

It must be such a sad thing to have these imaginary victories after whining about the lack of links instead of countering the content....which shut you up, ie no countering of the posts....just whining......and victory laps.

Is this your "raising the bar"?

Just wanted to see if you could be honest and allow your sources to be scrutinzed. Honesty is a bridge too far for you.

Your "source" is Voices of Humboldt County » Blog Archive » Myths and Facts about San Joaquin Valley Job Loss

Membership includes the Sierra Club who brought the suit to have the delta water project shut down in the first place. They couldnt possibly be BSing. No sir. You picked a partisan cherry picking pile of pig **** for a source, you knew it, I knew it, but I wanted you to source it. Because you should do so.

Same for the chart, I know where it came from, thats why I posted a chart from the exact same source site. But I wanted some honesty from you about your source material to let people examine it. Cant have that. That bar high enough for you, saracastic one?

Care to address California's record on poverty?
As it relates to the middle class declines? I already did.

Now take your victory lap, you are going to eventually, might as well get it out of the way already.

Again, i will remind you, it takes two to fight, bad things happen when there is not cooperation, the govt fought in favor of the industry, the industry for all intent was greatly damaged.....and imports were allowed to flourish at below cost levels. The strike may have accelerated the event, but it is the same story with all of the other US industries cited.

If you want to blame the government for fighting to save the industry, go right ahead. It didn't fight hard enough, apparently, huh?

As it relates to the middle class declines? I already did.

Now take your victory lap, you are going to eventually, might as well get it out of the way already.

You mean the manufacturing nonsense? Maybe tax rates have something to do with that.

As well as ag manufacturing dropping off the radar due to the ag business dropping into the cellar.

Just wanted to see if you could be honest and allow your sources to be scrutinzed. Honesty is a bridge too far for you.

Your "source" is Voices of Humboldt County » Blog Archive » Myths and Facts about San Joaquin Valley Job Loss

Membership includes the Sierra Club who brought the suit to have the delta water project shut down in the first place. They couldnt possibly be BSing. No sir. You picked a partisan cherry picking pile of pig **** for a source, you knew it, I knew it, but I wanted you to source it. Because you should do so.

Same for the chart, I know where it came from, thats why I posted a chart from the exact same source site. But I wanted some honesty from you about your source material to let people examine it. Cant have that. That bar high enough for you, saracastic one?
I did not know that continued avoidance of COUNTERING THE FACTS was raising the bar, all I see is that ATTACKING THE MESSENGER is what you consider to be the bar.

I know this is your pet topic, something you believe you are well versed on...but I suggest you start your own thread on the central valley since it is extremely tangential to the middle class declines in the US. We call this off topic.

What is funnier is that you did exactly what I suggested, you did look it up....all on your own. Good job!

I guess the logical thing to do in this situation is cut benefits to the people and cut taxes on the wealthy right? :roll:

Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Ranked 27th! | Alternet

Maybe this is an indication of how many pairs of Nike sneakers costing $200/pair the average person has in the U.S. versus Germany as an example. It might also be an indication of the continued impact of the bursting of the housing bubble, the largest asset held by individuals in the U.S. Perhaps if the government and the Fed put policies in place for people to save versus consume the answer would look different. For example most of the countries cited have a VAT, we don't. All we hear from the government and their proponents on this site is the need to increase DEMAND.

I guess your article points out how self defeating that grow spending at any cost is.

Like I said ....the rich in addition to all the lobbysist doing their bid in Washington...also have the con game...through Faux news and talk radio ...working on drones like you. They in addition to their paid lobbyist , have clowns like you doing their bid for free....and to your very own detriment!!

Yes I believe the rich want to destroy the middle class ...simply because they don't think or care about the country ....they just want more money and they want it now!! They are willing to flood the country with immigrants to drive down wages, outsource jobs to foreign countries ...and while they are doing that .....they want to pay NO TAXES ....and want you to pay yours.....tell me what you don't get!!!

You people with all your ....class-warfare...crap have been groomed to step aside and watch these people walk away with $Billions ....while you fight like dogs to prevent your neighbor from getting a few hundred dollars of aid for any reason from the government!!!

Understand this ......when a Chinese in America isn't at the top of his/her class ....its very simply because they have become Americanized and have strayed from their culture. Maybe not now ....but in the not too far future the new Chinses migrant coming to this country in short order will seriously question their decision. Because he will look around ....and fail to see what all the hype was about America ....simply dude ...the American Emporer ...HAVE NO CLOTHES!!

Amazing. Best of luck to you.

I did not know that continued avoidance of COUNTERING THE FACTS was raising the bar, all I see is that ATTACKING THE MESSENGER is what you consider to be the bar.

I know this is your pet topic, something you believe you are well versed on...but I suggest you start your own thread on the central valley since it is extremely tangential to the middle class declines in the US. We call this off topic.

What is funnier is that you did exactly what I suggested, you did look it up....all on your own. Good job!

You went there. I like to look at root causes instead of using a square peg round hole solution. If you solve individual regional economy issues, you slowly improve the overall economy.

I looked it up when you first brought it up. It was an honesty check. You failed. Might want to work on your moral and ethical code.

You went there. I like to look at root causes instead of using a square peg round hole solution. If you solve individual regional economy issues, you slowly improve the overall economy.
I did not know that administrations had magical powers to eliminate drought.

I looked it up when you first brought it up. It was an honesty check. You failed. Might want to work on your moral and ethical code.
Funny, you still can't counter the content....so the plan of attack....is to still go after the messenger.

Raising the level!
Well done.

I did not know that administrations had magical powers to eliminate drought.

Funny, you still can't counter the content....so the plan of attack....is to still go after the messenger.

Raising the level!
Well done.

When its some of the most irrigated land on the planet, drought wont impact it as much as reducing the waterflow from a water project that cost billions to create. Still cherrypicking facts I see.

Source your information, dont be a thief.

Back
Top Bottom