• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Big COVID Opportunity: Free Academic Books via MUSE Through June 30

Fiddytree

Neocon Elitist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Hey folks, I thought I'd let you know that Project MUSE has unleashed a ginormous access to academic-level content from peer reviewed journals, academic presses on an incredible number of subjects. Downloads are section-by-section rather combined files, so unless the outlet has a "select/download all" option, it's going to take some effort to grab. But given that a lot of academic books have a wide range of prices in physical form, $20-120 USD, this is a massive, massive deal.

I have to say, the number of books available here is overwhelming. You just keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...And that's just what's it's like from one of the dozens of publishers that have participated.

When filtering the results, you will want to select "only content I have access to" on the left-hand side under "Access" to find the free stuff.

So far, this is limited to June 30th, 2020, but we will see what happens.

So, for you book nerds this is the thing you'll want to take advantage of.

Here you go: Free Resources on MUSE During COVID-19

Last edited:
Alright buddy, I'm buying you one! :cheers:

Thanks!

Last bit of tips: For those publishers that do not have a download all option, I would heavily recommend renaming the files as you download them and give them sequential numbering so you do not get chapters and sections out of place.

I downloaded a dozen books last night on race relations in the United States from Cambridge University Press and they had the select all/download" option. When I did that, each individual PDF file was appropriately named and given a sequential order when I unzipped the file.

I'll have to scour additional presses to see how widespread this is, but here's Cambridge's offerings that seem to be separate from the MUSE special. As I said above, this one seems to be easier for users to download content with the "select all/download" options.

Content listing

Back
Top Bottom