• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Big Companies Lied

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I just had two big cable/internet companies (Time Warner and AT&T) completely 'LIE' too me about my monthly billing. They say one price to hook me into their service and charge me more and call it taxes, equipment, surcharges and other BS. They're intensely dishonest and uncaring about how they initiate service for you and change it as it suits them. As Trump is my witness this is criminal the way they extort average people for almost 'necessary' services.

What the hell can we do about it? Absolutely nothing, because we LUV capitalism. Marvel at its glory before it takes your last dollar.

I just had two big cable/internet companies (Time Warner and AT&T) completely 'LIE' too me about my monthly billing. They say one price to hook me into their service and charge me more and call it taxes, equipment, surcharges and other BS. They're intensely dishonest and uncaring about how they initiate service for you and change it as it suits them. As Trump is my witness this is criminal the way they extort average people for almost 'necessary' services.

What the hell can we do about it? Absolutely nothing, because we LUV capitalism. Marvel at its glory before it takes your last dollar.

You are quite right that taxes and other costs should be prominently displayed.

Not to mention the additional monthly charge to pay for those free phones the government hands out.

Big Corporate Entertainment mislead you with teaser rates for Cable/Internet service... well, there is another ****ing surprise.

(Read the fine print!)

Big Corporate Entertainment mislead you with teaser rates for Cable/Internet service... well, there is another ****ing surprise.

(Read the fine print!)

I know right. :lol:

just_fell_off_the_turnip_truck.jpg

I had enough billing games from Cox then Comcast then direct TV si I cut the cord. Yes I still get internet from Comcast but internet billing is far more consistent cable billing. Bunch of lying jerks.

It's a game. Introductory rate till your contract runs out then they just raise your rates over and over until you call to complain. Then they say they are pulling out all the stops for you to lower it back down as long as you sign another contract. But it never makes it down to as low as it previously was. A lying sleazy game I didn't wish to p!ay anymore. Cut the cord.

Back
Top Bottom