• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Big Chart Comparing Religions

**** Well You broke it to me gently - however I was refering to her use of it. She's departed from the LDS Church and has a chip om her shoulder ever since.

My shoulders are chip-free. I just have something you don't: objectivity.

Also...it's not all about you.

Last edited:
With the ways things are going, China seems to be making a comeback. :shrug:
and christianity is growing there. they actually have a christian church run by the state.

:prof China is kicking our ass economically right now. So is India.
Lie. their growth is strong but only because of added capital. Please review high school Economics, the US currently has the upperhand in output and will still have double the output per capita for many decades.
:prof Rome was heathen and dominated the world for 500 years.
Not really, if you include Byzantium, christianity also had it's time in the Roman empire.
:prof OWNED.
Meh...not so much. I just don't think civilization has to do much with religion, other than cultural. Really, look up Nacirema.

Last edited:
:prof China is kicking our ass economically right now. So is India.

A snap-shot, unrepresentative of over-all success; temporary examples which don't reflect the civilization as a whole.

:prof Rome was heathen and dominated the world for 500 years.

Until Christianity was invented. Shortly after we took it over, slapped a church on it and built the most powerful political force in human history which thrives even today :2wave:

@Jerry;

This is just the religious version of "Might Makes Right"; If such a time were to come about that Eastern religious world did overtake the Abrahamic religious world in all aspects, would that automatically make them right?

If a new religion were formed that quickly spread and everyone started believing in it, would that make it "right"?

Your whole conclusion is just one big argumentum ad populum

Until Christianity was invented. Shortly after we took it over, slapped a church on it and built the most powerful political force in human history which thrives even today :2wave:

Except for those pesky dark ages.

@Jerry;

This is just the religious version of "Might Makes Right"; If such a time were to come about that Eastern religious world did overtake the Abrahamic religious world in all aspects, would that automatically make them right?

The Abrahamic religions are not right because they are successful, they are successful because they are right. All of the various laws they follow enable a population to best conduct trade and best support strong sociological ties. You will notice that every other religion which follows similar rules meets similar success, though none have it down quite like the descendants of Abraham.

If a new religion were formed that quickly spread and everyone started believing in it, would that make it "right"?

There will be, and no it won't be right because it will not support strong sociological bonds nor will it enable trade. It will come out of the East and will revolve around worshiping the red dragon. In the short term it will have a great deal of global influence, but it won't endure.

Last edited:
Another snap-shot which doesn't accurately reflect the religion as a whole.
It's not even a snapshot of the right thing. [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages]Dark Ages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] She ought to be blaming the decline of the roman empire. Christianity actually helped save Europe from the dark ages.

The Abrahamic religions are not right because they are successful, they are successful because they are right. All of the various laws they follow enable a population to best conduct trade and best support strong sociological ties. You will notice that every other religion which follows similar rules meets similar success, though none have it down quite like the descendants of Abraham.

I would argue that Confucianism especially during the Han Dynasty produced an even more flourishing economy and emphasized even more beneficial sociological ties.

I would also argue that Islam (an abrahamic religion) does not emphasize beneficial sociological ties

There will be, and no it won't be right because it will not support strong sociological bonds nor will it enable trade. It will come out of the East and will revolve around worshiping the red dragon. In the short term it will have a great deal of global influence, but it won't endure.

If you are talking about Revelations then it will actually dramatically revolutionize trade with a Mark that is required to participate in any trade activity (basically eliminating the black market). I don't think it will increase sociological ties however.

Just FYI, I'm Roman Catholic so I, essentially, believe the same things you do, but I have no justification for it besides my upbringing and what feels "right" to me

Back
Top Bottom