• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden's tax hike simplified.

Lemme guess...Hyundai, right? Have the windows fallen into the doors yet?

Toyota. I wouldn't buy an American car under any circumstances. They're uniformly crap.

Short answer? Yes.
https://www.cato.org/publications/research-briefs-economic-policy/corporate-taxes-retail-prices

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-are-economic-effects-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act

Lower individual tax rates, a lower corporate tax rate, expensing of capital investment, and other reductions in business tax rates will increase the after-tax return to saving, encouraging households to save and reducing the cost of investment for firms. Those changes will lead to more investment, a larger capital stock, and higher output, by most estimates.
I did not ask for theory of something else, I asked if reducing the corporate tax rate reduced the price of cars.

Did they?

Will Toyota, Nissan, Mazda cars built in American be subject to the tax? Yes or No.

With Trump's cooperate tax cuts did the price of a Ford, Chevy and Dodge go down? Hint. Nope. You didn't expect them to pass the savings on to the buyers did you?
No, because it is an income tax, a tax on business net profits, and Toyota, Honda, ect, assembled here,
make almost zero profit, as the cost of the parts, plus the assembly cost, equal the sales price of the car.
the profit leaves with the cost of the parts built elsewhere.

Would you enjoy $6 a gallon gasoline? Vote Biden!
Utterly baseless and ignorant fear mongering.
What, the media didn't tell you that? And you've already voted? Shame. Like really small cars? Maybe a motor scooter as primary transportation, just like in Vietnam.....fun!
Sundowning?

In case you didn’t get the memo, for more than the last decade, along with other technological and safety advancements, hybrid technology and much improved fuel economy have led to a large shift away from cars to small/mid sized SUV’s and Crossovers.

Next time you’re stopped at a busy intersection, take a look around at how few late model cars you see compared to SUV’s and Crossovers.

Will Toyota, Nissan, Mazda cars built in American be subject to the tax? Yes or No.

With Trump's cooperate tax cuts did the price of a Ford, Chevy and Dodge go down? Hint. Nope. You didn't expect them to pass the savings on to the buyers did you?

No, they would not as they are not American companies. If they wanted an equal tax for foreign owned companies instead it would be a value-added tax.

Biden will jack up the corporate tax about 8% on American companies. So, a $30,000 Ford, Chevy, or Dodge will now cost $32,400 (what, you thought the company would eat the tax? Haha.)
The foreign built cars will not be subject to the tax.
That's just an example. All American companies will be hobbled like that, unless they move.
End result? Do I really have to spell it out for you?
Did the price of cars fall when the 2017 tax cuts were enacted? No. So why would anyone think that prices will rise when they are repealed?

Utterly baseless and ignorant fear mongering.

Sundowning?

In case you didn’t get the memo, for more than the last decade, along with other technological and safety advancements, hybrid technology and much improved fuel economy have led to a large shift away from cars to small/mid sized SUV’s and Crossovers.

Next time you’re stopped at a busy intersection, take a look around at how few late model cars you see compared to SUV’s and Crossovers.

I'll bet you even believe the "millions of green jobs" malarkey. Malarkey! :)

Biden will jack up the corporate tax about 8% on American companies. So, a $30,000 Ford, Chevy, or Dodge will now cost $32,400 (what, you thought the company would eat the tax? Haha.)

You may wish to educate yourself on how taxes are levied before posting any more.

Federal corporate income taxes are levied on profit - not gross revenue. The increase in tax is not $30,000 x 8%, unless they make 100% profit on each vehicle sold.

I'll bet you even believe the "millions of green jobs" malarkey. Malarkey! :)
I’m referring to present day reality, not BS political promises.

As for green technology and the future of green jobs, your denial of where technology is taking us only demonstrates how out of touch you are.

I’m referring to present day reality, not BS political promises.

As for green technology and the future of green jobs, your denial of where technology is taking us only demonstrates how out of touch you are.

Technology will advance with the free market, not from some government mandate. The government never outlawed horses and buggies, they didn't have to.

That's just an example. All American companies will be hobbled like that, unless they move.
Don't know much about economics I guess. The Chevy and Dodge will cost what the market will bear, not what the company decides to charge plus the added tax. You know what else the price of foreign cars don't include? Employee healthcare costs. At least try to be consistent.

More dumbassed supply-side lies. Every time one of you people gets in office, you explode the yearly deficits with good-weather tax cuts that never do anything.

(What, you thought a company would build more cars when there isn't demand for them just because they got a tax cut? You thought a company wouldn't build them when there was demand because they didn't have another tax cut? 🤣 )

Bush turned a surplus into 440 billion deficit, and then his right wing deregulation blew up the economy, and he handed Obama 1.4 trillion yearly deficits. Obama brought that down by 900 billionish and managed to hand Trump a 550 billionish yearly deficit. Trump promptly blew that up with the tax cut lies you're selling, and had us borrowing over 1 trillion in "the best economy ever."

Trump will hand Biden a 3.3 trillion dollar deficit.

Were it not for the Reagan economic poison that so infested you people, we would be sitting comfortably on a trillion or two in debt. Instead? 27 trillion. But hey, deficits don't matter unless a D is in office, amirite?

Now, I could go into much more detail, but this is paps we're talking about and all paps does is start his moronic second-hand OPs, take a few general potshots without quoting people, then runs away. If you want to know what Hannity's talking points were last night, he's your man. Otherwise . . .

US parts suppliers won that because of lower prices from lower taxes. The other things are temporary.
Biased, deceptive article.
as is much of your post are, biased and deceptive. Sorry Grandpappy, Trump is not all what you believe him to be.

No, they would not as they are not American companies. If they wanted an equal tax for foreign owned companies instead it would be a value-added tax.
Thanks for the reply.
So did the Ford , Chevy , Dodge reduce the price of their vehicles because of the tax cuts?

Paps says cars will cost $2,400 more if Biden gets his way. Did dealerships slash their prices $2,400 when Trump's tax cut went through?

How about when Bush's tax cut went through. Do you remember when everything suddenly got a whole bunch cheaper and your pay went way up? Remember that? Nope, neither do I. Why?

Because it just does not work in the stupid and laughably simplistic way paps thinks it does. Prices just kept on rising with inflation. Corporations don't produce any more widgets than there are demand for, and no, they do not lower the price of goods just because they got a tax cut. (What, you thought the purpose of corporations was to Make Benefit for Glory of American Worker? LOL. They're there to make shareholders money, and that's just what they did: they used the tax cut windfalls for stock buybacks).

And you know what....if you did benefit a bit from it because of the personal exemption...you're borrowing against your childrens' and your grandchildrens' future so you could have that extra smart phone per year. What kind of person likes that?

And if someone wants to make me fall out of my chair alternately laughing at their idiocy and metaphorically weeping into my pill over the same, please do tell me about how that one-time bribe a handful of companies gave to their employees - not even 1/100th of the amount per year more they made as a result - shows that the Trump tax cut "worked".

I work for dealer that sells American cars. This is the biggest reason I don't like Biden. My job, my pay. Yours, too. What comes around, goes around.

No wonder you're so at east selling bullshit.

Yep.

More dumbassed supply-side lies. Every time one of you people gets in office, you explode the yearly deficits with good-weather tax cuts that never do anything.

(What, you thought a company would build more cars when there isn't demand for them just because they got a tax cut? You thought a company wouldn't build them when there was demand because they didn't have another tax cut? 🤣 )

Bush turned a surplus into 440 billion deficit, and then his right wing deregulation blew up the economy, and he handed Obama 1.4 trillion yearly deficits. Obama brought that down by 900 billionish and managed to hand Trump a 550 billionish yearly deficit. Trump promptly blew that up with the tax cut lies you're selling, and had us borrowing over 1 trillion in "the best economy ever."

Trump will hand Biden a 3.3 trillion dollar deficit.

Were it not for the Reagan economic poison that so infested you people, we would be sitting comfortably on a trillion or two in debt. Instead? 27 trillion. But hey, deficits don't matter unless a D is in office, amirite?

Now, I could go into much more detail, but this is paps we're talking about and all paps does is start his moronic second-hand OPs, take a few general potshots without quoting people, then runs away. If you want to know what Hannity's talking points were last night, he's your man. Otherwise . . .

Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm in any way a "W" fan. I'm not.

Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm in any way a "W" fan. I'm not.

The subject isn't Bush in total nor was I talking about Bush in total.

I didn't talk about anything other than tax rates. GOP supply-side tax policy is a lie. No more, no less. All you people do is blow up our deficits with these tax cuts. They never produce anything close to the promised growth.

You're cheering on a policy that has you borrowing against your grandchildrens' future so you can pocket a few more bucks each year. It was a trillion a year before everything went south. This year's is 3.3 trillion.

What benefit did that buy Americans? A few workers got a one time bonus at a cost of not even 1/100th the total windfall to their employer? That's what you wanted us borrowing over a trillion a year for? Half-pennies on the dollar? It's total horse shit.

Paps says cars will cost $2,400 more if Biden gets his way.
(snip)

Actually, far more than that. Added fuel economy regs costs, higher fuel costs due to oil industry shutdowns will cause higher operating costs. That scooter is lookin' pretty good, huh?

Apparently, the Democrats way to grow the economy is to tax the **** out of it.....and use government spending on everything....

So you're saying Subarus are going to be fine?

Technology will advance with the free market, not from some government mandate. The government never outlawed horses and buggies, they didn't have to.
Technology will continue to advance with, or without government involvement. That doesn’t discount the fact that government mandates have been the impetus for the development of a great many safety, efficiency, and environmental protections and improvements. That cannot be denied.

And no law requiring the removal of internal combustion driven vehicles from our roadways is going to happen in the foreseeable future. At least not in your lifetime or mine. A great deal of infrastructure will have to be developed and put in place before IC vehicles are put out to pasture.

Back
Top Bottom