• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's Sanctions Have Helped Russia and Hurt America!

FurriesRock

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
"
The strangest part of this idea that Americans must suffer to hurt the Russians is that these policies aren’t even hurting Russia! On the contrary: Russia has been seen record profits from its oil and gas exports since the beginning of the Ukraine war.

According to a recent New York Times article, increasing global oil and gas prices have enabled Russia to finance its war on Ukraine. US sanctions did not bring the Russian economy to its knees, as Biden promised. They actually brought the American economy to its knees while Russian profits soared.

As Newsweek noted last week, Russian television pundits are joking that with the financial windfall Russia has seen since sanctions were imposed, “Biden is of course our agent.”"

https://original.antiwar.com/paul/2...l-bidens-sanctions-are-a-windfall-for-russia/

To the casual observer, it would seem that Biden is actually a Russian agent, seeing as how he is destroying America's economy while propping up Russia's.

However, that is surely not the case so we must then conclude that Biden is simply incompetent and out of touch with everyday America.

We must end the sanctions, for the sake of everyday American citizens!

I for one, am not willing to suffer so Biden and friends can forge their legacies in a proxy war with Russia!

The strangest part of this idea that Americans must suffer to hurt the Russians is that these policies aren’t even hurting Russia! On the contrary: Russia has been seen record profits from its oil and gas exports since the beginning of the Ukraine war.

Sanctions against Russia have been put in place by the US, the EU, all of the G7 nations, and many other nations.

Russian energy profits will evaporate by the end of 2023. Russia will have lost its $118 billion annual energy export sales to the EU. That market is irreplacable.

The Russian ruble will have a rude awakening whenever the Kremlin decides to remove the capital controls that are artificially and temporarily propping up the ruble.

P.S. @FurriesRock is using a VPN. Probably from Moscow.

"

According to a recent New York Times article, increasing global oil and gas prices have enabled Russia to finance its war on Ukraine. US sanctions did not bring the Russian economy to its knees, as Biden promised. They actually brought the American economy to its knees while Russian profits soared.

As Newsweek noted last week, Russian television pundits are joking that with the financial windfall Russia has seen since sanctions were imposed, “Biden is of course our agent.”"

https://original.antiwar.com/paul/2...l-bidens-sanctions-are-a-windfall-for-russia/

To the casual observer, it would seem that Biden is actually a Russian agent, seeing as how he is destroying America's economy while propping up Russia's.

However, that is surely not the case so we must then conclude that Biden is simply incompetent and out of touch with everyday America.

We must end the sanctions, for the sake of everyday American citizens!

I for one, am not willing to suffer so Biden and friends can forge their legacies in a proxy war with Russia!
Reposting russian propaganda isn't gonna get you brownie points with either side here.

Sanctions haven't helped Russia, and yes we are serious about them and will cope with the pain. It goes to our resolve and seriousness to accept the consequences of our actions because the alternative for world peace is far worse. Putin is changing the world order, breaking up the peace in Europe that existed since WWII by a major military power. Europe is opposed because they see the danger and are feeling the pain to stop it, too. As allies we are in it together, it's what being allies mean. We've already upset Putin's plan of conquest as we hold together against him. Biden is demonstrating global leadership by being out in front, unlike the prior administration with their MAGA isolationism and pandering to a totalitarian regime

Can you actually debate the points made, or is all you have ad hominem?
Russia is financially ****ed, which is well-deserved
**** Putin

**** Putin
You're first point is absolutely false, and you're second is an opinion.

So what are your plans?

Sanctions haven't helped Russia, and yes we are serious about them and will cope with the pain. It goes to our resolve and seriousness to accept the consequences of our actions because the alternative for world peace is far worse. Putin is changing the world order, breaking up the peace in Europe that existed since WWII by a major military power. Europe is opposed because they see the danger and are feeling the pain to stop it, too. As allies we are in it together, it's what being allies mean. We've already upset Putin's plan of conquest as we hold together against him. Biden is demonstrating global leadership by being out in front, unlike the prior administration with their MAGA isolationism and pandering to a totalitarian regime
Sanctions have helped Russia, as the article I sourced demonstrates. As an American, I don't want to have to pay the price for Biden's proxy war, so do not include me and others like me in having this "resolve" you speak of.

Changing the current world order is a good thing, not a bad one. I am all for changing the world order.

So what are your plans?
He can run to the local Russian burger joint for lunch 🤢🤮
Certainly not the mark of a vibrant society, now is it?😆😂

6FCC8A1E-8CFD-451D-8DD4-47034D26FB22.png

Sanctions have helped Russia, as the article I sourced demonstrates. As an American, I don't want to have to pay the price for Biden's proxy war, so do not include me and others like me in having this "resolve" you speak of.

Changing the current world order is a good thing, not a bad one. I am all for changing the world order.
So do you plan on staying home in your mom's basement?

Last edited:
**** Putin

Do you know how much Russia is reaping in every month this year from energy sales?

An "American" who requires a VPN to post Kremlin propaganda on Debate Politics.

And I'm the King of Narva.

They guy apparently has not taken a look at Russian revenues since sanctions.

Sanctions haven't helped Russia, and yes we are serious about them and will cope with the pain.

Why are Russian revenues higher after sanctions than before? And who is the "we" you are offering pain and suffering to?

It goes to our resolve and seriousness to accept the consequences of our actions because the alternative for world peace is far worse. Putin is changing the world order, breaking up the peace in Europe that existed since WWII by a major military power. Europe is opposed because they see the danger and are feeling the pain to stop it, too. As allies we are in it together, it's what being allies mean. We've already upset Putin's plan of conquest as we hold together against him. Biden is demonstrating global leadership by being out in front, unlike the prior administration with their MAGA isolationism and pandering to a totalitarian regime

Good luck :)

@FurriesRock posted facts. Read economic and financial publications. They are all there vindication him.
Thank you, but I don't expect those who are willfully under the sway of propaganda to actually read information that will break their illusionary worldview. It's like it's always too much to ask to expect people to actually think!

An "American" who requires a VPN to post Kremlin propaganda on Debate Politics.

And I'm the King of Narva.
Look dude, I use a VPN because I torrent.

There, you ****ing happy!

It's not all about you or some ****ing internet argument.

Some of these guys call to mind Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

Some of these guys call to mind Nero fiddling while Rome burns.
Yes, but...

I am also okay with it burning down, as I believe we are in late stage empire and things are only going to go down from here. We had to burn down our participation in the British Empire before we could found America, and I believe that we will have to do the same with regards to the American Empire. I have a feeling that the longer it takes to break up into four or more republics, the worse it will be for everyone involved.

That's your opinion like the isolationists prior to WWII. It ended when we saw where ignoring the world around us led. Aggression isn't limited to others, it eventually gets around to us where it is strengthened in the delay to respond.

Election interference professionals pretend to like sanctions.

News at eleven.

Back
Top Bottom