• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bidens Response

Weakness is a huge problem for Biden. I'm not a Biden fan and never have been - but I think weakness just defines Biden. So many (countries, leaders, people) view Biden as weak - and polls in the U.S. indicate even Americans do too.

Oh FFS. What a stupid post. Leaders from any country aren't stupid enough to think the United States is one person.

Christ, Trump Fan Nation never ceases to shock.

I would like us to find ways to do more also; I made a thread about it to look for suggestions, offered a few, and got no suggestions.

What, specifically, do you want Biden to do? Use American military, with a good chance of nuclear escalation? To remove Russia from SWIFT, when our NATO partners are against that, at a time Putin is trying to sow disunity in NATO? What?

I have a few suggestions, but want to see people have options for Biden if they're going to criticize him.

A better approach seems to be to respond to other topics I've raised like the general lack of options for addressing aggression like this and the role of nuclear weapons further indicating why we should abolish them.

Many of our NATO ‘partners’ (especially Germany) are completely reliant on importing Russian oil and natural gas, thus they are directly funding Putin’s military adventures. Biden has to wake up and see that the only way to prevail (and hinder Putin’s plot to rebuild the USSR) is to increase US fossil fuel production and exports to Europe, but his US “green” handlers won’t allow that.

I have been very much in support of Biden since he became the nominee however I am losing all respect for him over Ukraine. This soft slap response to Russia is making us look weak. Trump was a national embarrassment, now Biden is weak and scared of Putin. How the hell did we get to the point of letting clowns and cowards run our country?

With the political divides, attempts to overthrow democracy, cowardess and stupidity on the international stage, American people turning on each other, politicians having nothing close to professionalism or accountability for anything, and the US getting more information from social media than factual sources - America is an embarassment.

Just curious, what do you think Biden should have done? I'm asking in all sincerity. I personally don't have the answer. I know I don't want my sons to go to war. I don't want nukes flying. I know Ukraine isn't part of NATO.

You think gas is expensive now? Just wait until Biden does that.

Look, you want to play hardball, that's it. Otherwise you are just throwing Ukraine to the wolves.

I am not saying it is right or wrong, I am just saying that the Western world will always choose economics over war. We do it all the time with China, Russia, and the Mid-East.

If needed.

WHAT?!

Why stand still why your enemies grow, expand and get stronger? Or why not wait until Russia and China take over more than half the world and are stronger than us?

But we didn't even actual use harsh sanctions. We did nothing.

The idea that we do nothing to avoid war sends the message we are scared of war - scared of Putin. Scared of Russia. It is weak. Biden is a coward.

^ Tell me that you don't know anything about nuclear war without telling me you don't know anything about nuclear war.

Change your association to the russian flag, you aren't a patriot. Trump sucked Putins dick and you claim biden is weak? Trump is still praising putin and his actions, and probably gave Putin all sorts of secrets. But Biden is weak.

your trolling is really weak, off to the Gulag with you

Biden is weak - doesn't mean Trump wasn't. Trump being weak doesn't mean Biden isn't.

They are both terrified of Russia.

How does it not show that he is weak? I'm passed the point of "looking" weak. He is. He is scared of Putin.

As a country we said there would be severe consequences if Russia invaded. Russia invaded. We did almost nothing. How does it not look weak to threaten, have your bluff called, and back down? How is that not embarrassing as a country? Putin is showing that the US does not matter.

Magic fix? Actually stand up to Russia. Its not even magic. We could end this. Instead we are standing by and watching as an adult beats a child to death. This is the most cowardly thing I can remember America doing. We didn't even use harsh sanctions. We slapped the wrist.

If the US doesn't want to be a world leader - then we should step off. But talking big and backing down is bullshit. Watching kids and civilians get murdered because we're scared of Putin is pathetic.
So, you did not respond to post #5. No specifics. I'm close to viewing you as a troll.

Just curious, what do you think Biden should have done? I'm asking in all sincerity. I personally don't have the answer. I know I don't want my sons to go to war. I don't want nukes flying. I know Ukraine isn't part of NATO.

At a minimum, harsh sanctions that were threatened.

We took a hard stance then backed down. We showed the world we are scared of war.

How the hell did we get to the point of letting clowns and cowards run our country?
Well, I guess that those (reputed) 80,000,000 Americans felt that the lesser of two evils was Mr. Biden.

If anyone is to be blamed, it is the Dem primary voters who came aboard the Biden bandwagon after South Carolina.

Before those ladies in that state made their fateful decision to support Mr. Biden, he was considered by most Dems as a joke.

Look, you want to play hardball, that's it. Otherwise you are just throwing Ukraine to the wolves.

I am not saying it is right or wrong, I am just saying that the Western world will always choose economics over war. We do it all the time with China, Russia, and the Mid-East.

Your armchair quarterbacking is not helping anything. Americans do not want to do anything with this war that hurts them. You are sadly mistaken if you think they will accept gas going up by a dollar or more, which it would.

Biden and the democrats are screwed. There is no way Americans are going to support $5+ dollar gas. Had the invasion happened a week or two before the 2022 elections his actions might have been viewed favorably by the electorate. But 6 months from now the American voter is going to be PO'd about higher prices and that can only help the GOP. If there is one thing everyone is politics must remember it's "The economy, stupid".

At a minimum, harsh sanctions that were threatened.

We took a hard stance then backed down. We showed the world we are scared of war.

Will the harsh sanctions make Putin leave the Ukraine?

We should be scared of war. Who the hell wants us in a war?

Well, I guess that those (reputed) 80,000,000 Americans felt that the lesser of two evils was Mr. Biden.

If anyone is to be blamed, it is the Dem primary voters who came aboard the Biden bandwagon after South Carolina.

Before those ladies in that state made their fateful decision to support Mr. Biden, he was considered by most Dems as a joke.

I agree - and I was 10000% in support of Biden of Trump - and still agree that was the right choice.

But the choice between a weak racist crybaby - and a coward with good intentions is not great. We are better than that.

I have been very much in support of Biden since he became the nominee however I am losing all respect for him over Ukraine. This soft slap response to Russia is making us look weak. Trump was a national embarrassment, now Biden is weak and scared of Putin. How the hell did we get to the point of letting clowns and cowards run our country?

With the political divides, attempts to overthrow democracy, cowardess and stupidity on the international stage, American people turning on each other, politicians having nothing close to professionalism or accountability for anything, and the US getting more information from social media than factual sources - America is an embarassment.
Okay, you criticize Biden for what he has done, which does suggest you would have liked him to do things differently.

Would you be so kind as to tell us what you would have done if in his shoes?

So because Russia has nukes they can do anything they want while we cower in fear at their arsenal?

Like I said, you have no clue how nuclear war works. You should read about the Cold War before spewing off more nonsense.

Well, I answered every piece of that - as for how you view me, I don't care. In fact, please view me as a troll.
No, you did not, but there's no more discussion I'm interested in based on your post.

Biden and the democrats are screwed. There is no way Americans are going to support $5+ dollar gas. Had the invasion happened a week or two before the 2022 elections his actions might have been viewed favorably by the electorate. But 6 months from now the American voter is going to be PO'd about higher prices and that can only help the GOP. If there is one thing everyone is politics must remember it's "The economy, stupid".

I think people will be pissed about gas - and pissed about weakness. You'll hear both.

Our government chose to let gas rise, while at the same time being weak. Could have at least addressed one.

Weakness is a huge problem for Biden. I'm not a Biden fan and never have been - but I think weakness just defines Biden. So many (countries, leaders, people) view Biden as weak - and polls in the U.S. indicate even Americans do too.
Please tell us what you would have done in his place. Specifically!

Yes, he was. Probably worse. Trump was weak and pathetic embarrassment. He kissed, and continues to kiss, Putins ass. The only difference between having Trump and Biden in office right now is who we'd be sending aid to. Trump would be sending money to Russia.
This is one of those, "Don't tell me about my reality" things, isn't it?

The reality is that Trump was rather effective, though not particularly pretty, with foreign policy. The fact that half the world stuck their fingers in their ears and ran around screaming, "NoNoNoNoNo!" the minute it looked like he was going to open his mouth is where the problems were. It was the insane reaction to Trump, not Trump himself, that was the problem and now you've got some cuckold POS in office that Putin has decided to make his bitch. Again, congratulations, you won.

Back
Top Bottom