• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's Popularity is Down to 33%: Quinnipiac

Bidens disapproval I think is based on the fact that he is pursuing an ideological agenda and ignoring the issues that the public cares about. While people are worried about inflation, education, crime and the virus, Biden is out there demagoging an issue literally no one cares about, nationalizing the voting laws.
He has a remarkable aptitude for picking fights he is almost sure to lose. And then losing. Like the unconstitutional mandates that the USSC has already said are likely unconstitutional. Like calling parents at school board meetings domestic terrorists. He just racks up loss after loss after loss while fighting for the wrong things. He can’t even make compromises within his own party.

I suspect the numbers are true because Biden is an awful leader who is obviously an awful leader to anyone who pays attention. And for those not paying that much attention it’s still pretty obvious the country is messed up with high prices, empty shelves, and Covid everywhere. He can’t communicate, is a habitual liar, and his first instinct when confronted with a problem is to pretend it isn’t happening or to blame others.

It was obvious he was a terrible candidate too, but Democrats did not let that stop them and now they suffer the consequences. It should have been somewhat obvious that he was at his strongest when hiding in his basement.

His own team suffers the most for his inabilities and incapacities, so it’s strange but not surprising they approve of him the most. Such is the nature of political partisanship. My guess is pretty much every Democrat that says they approve of him lives in fear of him appearing in public and speaking, whereas these who disapprove are delighted to hear him rant at clouds and talk about when he used to drive an 18 wheeler.

He wasn't such a bad candidate, as he beat an incumbent sitting President!

But yeah, he wasn't many of our first choices. But he ran a beautiful campaign, as he refused to let Trump goad him, and in fact let Trump beat his-self!

Bidens disapproval I think is based on the fact that he is pursuing an ideological agenda and ignoring the issues that the public cares about. While people are worried about inflation, education, crime and the virus, Biden is out there demagoging an issue literally no one cares about, nationalizing the voting laws.

No sure if I already replied to this, Fletch, but I want to comment that this is a popular issue throughout the country and is extremely important to Dems & many Indies.

You may find this interesting, below:

He wasn't such a bad candidate, as he beat an incumbent sitting President!

But yeah, he wasn't many of our first choices. But he ran a beautiful campaign, as he refused to let Trump goad him, and in fact let Trump beat his-self!

LOL, He was an awful candidate. This was obvious to Democrats the first two times he ran. He finished behind -- among others -- John Edwards and Bill Richardson.

And more to the point he *is* an awful President. A terrible leader with no notable skills or accomplishments besides getting elected.

LOL, He was an awful candidate. This was obvious to Democrats the first two times he ran. He finished behind -- among others -- John Edwards and Bill Richardson.

And more to the point he *is* an awful President. A terrible leader with no notable skills or accomplishments besides getting elected.

"awful candidate" who sent an awful president and his corrupt cohorts back to whatever hell hole they came from.

"awful candidate" who sent an awful president and his corrupt cohorts back to whatever hell hole they came from.

And now he’s a terrible President and Democrats will suffer. Are suffering.

In my view the Republicans are still pushing Trump, not ideology. Hence making the midterms into a national election won’t work as Trump is still disliked by around 57% of Americans as a person. It would be a national election all about Trump and not about conservatism. That didn’t work out well in 2018 or even in 2020.

I fear the madness will continue well into the foreseeable future. Unless both major parties, the leaders want to put an end to it, they don’t. Those who do, the moderates of both parties are seen as enemies within each party. Each major party are in the process of getting rid of the moderates mainly because they don’t toe the party line 100% of the time. You see this in the GOP as they try to expel all non-Trumpers and in the heartburn the Democrats have given Sinema and Manchin. You also saw this in the 2020 election where 3 pro-life Democratic house incumbents were primaried out for pro-choice Democratic candidates only to lose those 3 seats in the general election. 3 of the 13 house seats the Democrats lost.

I do have a suspicion that even with Biden’s and the Democrats in congress very low approval ratings, that it may be the Trump factor that will limit the Democratic loses in 2022. Trump was responsible for the two Georgia senate seat loss last January. He may be the reason The GOP picks up 10 or less house seats this midterm instead of 20 or 30 or even 40. That just a guess. Politics hasn’t been normal since Trump arrived on the scene. One can throw historical wisdom, convention out the window. They don't apply anymore.

Trump does provide a Wild Card Aspect to this. I feel that the Democrats are more consumed by Trump-ism than are the Republicans. No data at all to back that up.

There were two very different aspects to Trump. One was his personality and approach. The other was his goals and outcomes.

Offending everyone he came in contact with is not a vital aspect of producing outstanding outcomes. Trump just seemed to think of this as sport.

Of course, Trump treating Democrats as Democrats routinely treat Republicans is what Trump was condemned for doing.

If the Republicans can define the Trump program goals and codify them without attaching them to the Trump personality, that will be the winning formula. Just 10-Points that they promise to vote on.

Of course, that is also the death of the Republican Party as it previously existed. Actually, and hopefully, the result will be the death of BOTH parties as they previously existed.

Here in Indiana, there is absolutely no difference between the policies of the Democrat Mayor of Indianapolis and the Republican Governor of the State of Indiana.

In the next Governor's election, I'll be voting for the Libertarian. If we are going to be cursed by the policies of a Democrat Governor, why not use a governor bought and paid for by the Democrat Party? Seems only fair.

In the next Mayoral Race, I'll be voting for anyone or anything that is not the current lying thief.

I'll be moving to Florida soon anyway.

Still better than Trump, who lost the WH, senate, and house after 4 years. What a loser.

Believe it or not I have the capacity to evaluate Biden based solely on Biden.

You seem to think Trunp being bad makes Biden automatically good but it’s no the way it works.

Whatever you think of Trump, Biden is an awful president. A terrible leader and communicator.

lol. How droll, right-winger. Your guy got impeached twice and y'all still seem willing to vote for him.

Here’s a tip: if this is the best argument you have that Biden isn’t a terrible President you have no argument that Biden isn’t a terrible President.

I can see with my own eyes that Biden is pretty awful. Whatever qualities a reasonable person would expect a good President to have he is lacking.

It’s pretty telling that no one has come in to this thread and even attempted to argue that Biden is a good President. How could you?

Here’s a tip: if this is the best argument you have that Biden isn’t a terrible President you have no argument that Biden isn’t a terrible President.

I can see with my own eyes that Biden is pretty awful. Whatever qualities a reasonable person would expect a good President to have he is lacking.

It’s pretty telling that no one has come in to this thread and even attempted to argue that Biden is a good President. How could you?
What are you talking about? He got infrastructure going his first year. Your guy could not get it done at all.

Biden said:

"I'm not going to shut down the economy. I'm not going to shut down the country. I'm going to shut down the Virus."

He seems to have lied on all three points. The shelves in our stores are as empty as the promises read aloud in Biden's telepromptered addresses.

The latest Quinnipiac Poll shows his APPROVAL Rating is down to 33%. That means:

He's lost ALL Republicans- no surprise there.
He's lost ALL Independents- some surprise there.
He's losing more Democrats- BIG surprise there.

Seems like EVERYONE is tired of stamping on the flaming bag of Biden that the media has dropped on our collective front porch.

Any one poll is not representative of the entire country. An average of polls is a better reference.
84A2BC81-D849-46DE-A30F-914C7AA9F80B.jpeg

What are you talking about? He got infrastructure going his first year. Your guy could not get it done at all.

So, your best defense of Biden is that (before he managed to lose majorities in both houses through his gross incompetence) he managed to get a pork loaded spending bill passed that stoked inflation?

He used all his leadership skills to get his own party to do something as stupid as stoking demand during a supply crunch?

I wonder if we can free up a place for him on Mount Rushmore.

So, your best defense of Biden is that (before he managed to lose majorities in both houses through his gross incompetence) he managed to get a pork loaded spending bill passed that stoked inflation?

He used all his leadership skills to get his own party to do something as stupid as stoking demand during a supply crunch?

I wonder if we can free up a place for him on Mount Rushmore.
Nobody takes right-wingers seriously about economics. That is why he was willing to compromise on the infrastructure bill.

Believe it or not I have the capacity to evaluate Biden based solely on Biden.

You seem to think Trunp being bad makes Biden automatically good but it’s no the way it works.

Whatever you think of Trump, Biden is an awful president. A terrible leader and communicator.

Biden's direct competition is Trump. Trump is the leader of the GOP. So as bad as you claim Biden is, Trump and the GOP are infinitely worse.

Nobody takes right-wingers seriously about economics. That is why he was willing to compromise on the infrastructure bill.
Hmm, well I guess then giving out large amounts of money in a supply constrained environment won’t artificially increase demand and result in bare shelves and expensive goods.

It’s lucky for Biden that these sorts of things any economics book would predict don’t actually happen.

Considering his main “accomplishment” that his fanboys can name is handing out a bunch of money in a supply constrained environment. While also pursuing anti-supplier policies.

Biden's direct competition is Trump. Trump is the leader of the GOP. So as bad as you claim Biden is, Trump and the GOP are infinitely worse.

Biden is actually President by himself at the current time. It turns out it’s possible to observe he’s terrible at it without comparing him to anyone at all.

Maybe you are incapable of observing whether someone has good leadership and communication skills, but many people are not. They can tell Biden does not have them.

Hmm, well I guess then giving out large amounts of money in a supply constrained environment won’t artificially increase demand and result in bare shelves and expensive goods.

It’s lucky for Biden that these sorts of things any economics book would predict don’t actually happen.

Considering his main “accomplishment” that his fanboys can name is handing out a bunch of money in a supply constrained environment. While also pursuing anti-supplier policies.
Our guy is getting infrastructure handled his first year. Right-wingers are only all talk.

Back
Top Bottom