• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's Now an Enabler of Putin and Mulish Obstacle to Saving Ukraine.

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"Joe Biden has been on the wrong side of every significant foreign policy issue over the last 40 years". Robert Gates (Secretary of Defense Under Obama & Bush)
“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f*** things up." (Barrack Obama, former President of the United States.)

We have seen something quite amazing in recent weeks, Congress is getting fed up with Biden's refusal to check Putin's aims in Ukraine. Normally Congress runs from taking heat for supporting Presidential foreign policy initiatives. More often than not, they are in opposition to military aid to victims of communist or even fascist aggression, or any action that might have an economic impact on their voters.

But just as Putin has galvanized and united NATO, Biden has galvanized and united a bi-partisan majority are unhappy with him acting as Putin's intimidated puppy.

"It started with calls for tougher sanctions, then escalated to an appeal for a larger military and humanitarian assistance package. Members of both parties then clamored for a U.S. ban on Russian oil, which the White House saw as politically risky given the effect on gas prices at home. And they insisted that the U.S. end permanent normal trade relations with Russia.

The tactics have worked. And this week, lawmakers will be at it again — this time nudging the Biden administration to go further than it wants in facilitating the transfer of fighter jets from Poland to Ukraine."

AND

Still, there’s growing pressure on Capitol Hill to solidify a deal.

“It's complicated, but I think the consensus … is that we want to get those planes to Poland,” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told reporters Friday in Philadelphia.

Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, just returned from the Polish border, where he was left with the impression that an agreement on the planes was already done. Now he says he’s “looking at alternative ways.”

“Either the Poles change their mind and we’ll do it as initially planned,” Meeks said. “Or we'll give to them other resources.”

As the debate evolves, the conditions on the ground continue to worsen in Ukraine, where hundreds of civilians have been killed and almost 3 million people have fled to neighboring countries. The atrocities have piled pressure on lawmakers to heighten efforts to defend the outgunned Ukrainians from Putin’s advances, which have increasingly targeted civilian areas.

Rep. James Clyburn (S.C.), the majority whip, was among the many Democrats who visited Selma, Ala., this month to remember a bloody voting rights march there in 1965. He said talk of the violence in Ukraine was everywhere.

“I was absolutely floored when person after person came to me saying, ‘We're all for voting rights, but if you don't do something to help end this war there's going to be nothing to vote for,’ ” Clyburn said. “This is how deep this goes.”

Biden has created his own redline, one that did not exist. For weeks the public and Congress has taken his promises of "no boots on the ground" as an implict commitment to supply Ukraine with the tools of war, as long as we don't have to participate in the war as a belligerent.

What no one knew, is that Biden secretly wrote off most major weapons systems...if it can't be carried by a single man, its "offensive weapon" or "provacative" or "escalation".

In other words, Biden is made of the wrong stuff...as so many had feared.

Even democrats realize that the potential voter backlash from not supporting Ukraine will be even worse if Ukraine is lost or a charnel house of death in late summer.

Last edited:
From the article you cited:

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have repeatedly been steps ahead of the Biden administration in calling to escalate the U.S. response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — proposals the White House ultimately adopted.

So you're upset that Biden did what congress asked, just not fast enough to suit you.

More from the article:

The Biden administration has maintained that it’s necessary to coordinate actions with European allies to show a united front against Russia — which means the U.S. is at times slower to act than lawmakers might like.

“Folks, I know I’ve occasionally frustrated you, but more important than us moving when we want to is making sure all of NATO is together,” he said. “They have different vulnerabilities than we do.”

“The idea that we’re going to send in offensive equipment and have planes and tanks and trains going in with American pilots and American crews, just understand — and don’t kid yourself, no matter what you all say — that’s called World War III, okay?” he told House Democrats. “Let’s get it straight here, guys.”

And Biden is set to sign a massive government funding package that includes $13.6 billion in humanitarian and military assistance to Ukraine — a number that ballooned from the administration’s initial $6.4 billion request a few weeks ago.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. You've taken a balanced article and twisted it into a far right rant that makes no sense. You're not deconstructing a piece of fiction. The willing suspension of disbelief is not applicable. In short, I have no idea what you're on about but it has nothing to do with the article you cited.

Does it ever occur to you that Biden's tenure has been so bad that it has become unbelievable .

Deliberately scripted .

Because he has been so corrupt he is at the complete mercy of his puppet masters -- the script writers and determiners of the narrative .

Possibly Miles Mathis is right and the left are going to be kicked out of power for a generation or two, if not forever, as an engineered decision by the Phoenician families ( Elite or whatever other name you choose ).

Seems increasingly likely as the Deep State ( just another name ) change tactics but not strategy .

The Biden administration has maintained that it’s necessary to coordinate actions with European allies to show a united front against Russia — which means the U.S. is at times slower to act than lawmakers might like.

“Folks, I know I’ve occasionally frustrated you, but more important than us moving when we want to is making sure all of NATO is together,” he said. “They have different vulnerabilities than we do.”

“The idea that we’re going to send in offensive equipment and have planes and tanks and trains going in with American pilots and American crews, just understand — and don’t kid yourself, no matter what you all say — that’s called World War III, okay?” he told House Democrats. “Let’s get it straight here, guys.”
This is why he's the president. He's the "big picture" guy.

In other words, Biden is made of the wrong stuff...as so many had feared.

It's disappointing that you feel the need to get down into the partisan political weeds in this forum.

Although I don't agree with everything Joe Biden has done vis-a-vis Ukraine, he's light-years better than Donald Trump, who actually extorted Ukraine/Zelenskyy.

I guess some things never change.

It's disappointing that you feel the need to get down into the partisan political weeds in this forum.

Although I don't agree with everything Joe Biden has done vis-a-vis Ukraine, he's light-years better than Donald Trump, who actually extorted Ukraine/Zelenskyy.

I guess some things never change.

Perhaps you are compelled to assume any criticism of Biden is partisan, and therefore you compare him to Trump, who I never mentioned?

I have no illusions about the danger of Trump to the Ukraine, and readily agreed that some assistance to Ukraine from Biden is better than none from Trump. And if it isn't clear by now, while Trump shares commonality with me on some domestic issues, there isn't any doubt in my mind that he is a fool, a cancer, a worse enabler of Putin, and a serious danger to the Republic. There isn't a day that goes by that I hope some event removes him from ever being able to run for President again. In short, I hate Trump more than I dislike Biden.

However, one cannot gingerly step around the obvious any longer. Biden is currently President and he failed to rise to the occasion in his SOTU. My hopes in him not succumbing to his deeply flawed past judgements are no longer hopes, they are despair. The man is a complete mediocrity at best, and an inadvertent but crippling enabler of Putin at worst. Given his record, and his current inactions, it is essential that all Americans show their anger at his obstruction.

I no longer have patience for anyone, especially any President of any party, who obstructs our national security interests. It is time Biden respond to the growing frustration and anger over his road blocking, while Ukraine clings to its survival.

I am not letting my partisanship get in the way, nor should others.

From the article you cited:

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have repeatedly been steps ahead of the Biden administration in calling to escalate the U.S. response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — proposals the White House ultimately adopted.

So you're upset that Biden did what congress asked, just not fast enough to suit you.

I have stated why Congress is deeply frustrated by Biden's repeated foot dragging and intentional failure to act, and I share it 100 percent. His belated reactions, restrictions, and untimely responses have deeply hurt Ukraine's chances of survival, and regardless of outcome, subjected it's millions to unimaginable pain and suffering. So yes, he has not only been "fast enough" he hasn't DONE ENOUGH.

More from the article:

And your excerpt illustrates EXACTLY what is wrong with Biden's mulish and impaired mental processes, or his intentional disingenuousness. Growing frustration and criticism of Biden in not over European tardiness, its over HIS unimaginative supplying of weapons and procrastination hobbled "leadership". American sanctions should have been total and immediate. It's absurd they have come out in partial blocks, and is still "considering" more. Such hesitant steps no longer intimidates.

Moreover, Biden repeatedly uses a strawman to the point that he is almost acting brain dead, or intentionally disingenuous. He keeps repeating that Americans can't send put boots on the ground or pilots in the air to confront Russians, a point that has been UNCONTESTED FOREVER. This is his habitual lame strawman that has nothing to do with providing weapons, including planes, to Ukraine. "Offensive weapons" don't require American combatants, any more than defensive weapons.

This is over Biden's backing of some Pentagon foot draggers to deny Ukraine the arms it needs, not just planes but also serious surface to air missiles (SAMS), armored vehicles, ballistic rockets, and other serious help. The idea that stingers and Javelins are "the most" we can provide is bullshit. Its a self-imposed limit that delights Putin and encourages actions (such as his western strike).

And Biden is set to sign a massive government funding package that includes $13.6 billion in humanitarian and military assistance to Ukraine — a number that ballooned from the administration’s initial $6.4 billion request a few weeks ago.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. You've taken a balanced article and twisted it into a far right rant that makes no sense. You're not deconstructing a piece of fiction. The willing suspension of disbelief is not applicable. In short, I have no idea what you're on about but it has nothing to do with the article you cited.

LOL...no one is speaking of what he has done, we are speaking of what HE HASN'T done...failures of which is "reasonable" to you, but not Congress or the American public.

The article makes that clear. What he has done is good, what he hasn't done is bad!

Perhaps you ought to read those articles again.

Perhaps you are compelled to assume any criticism of Biden is partisan, and therefore you compare him to Trump, who I never mentioned?

If you intend to drag US partisan politics into this, that's a two-way street and Trump/GOP are also fair game.

If you intend to drag US partisan politics into this, that's a two-way street and Trump/GOP are also fair game.

In other words, any criticism of Biden is partisan? So you have never criticized Biden for doing less than you believed necessary?

Trump and the GOP is fair game, no doubt about it. But that wasn't my point, my point was you would not have brought him up unless you felt compelled to defend Biden against what you assumed to be a partisan attack.

As I explained, this isn't partisanship. It's deserving criticism of the shortcomings of the man in office at this moment, who may hold the fate of Ukraine in his hands. Be it Biden or Trump, I stand with Ukraine and it comes first.

When you hold every past President accountable for their negligence or their flawed world view regarding Russia and Putin, its both liberating and correct.

In other words, any criticism of Biden is partisan?

The Canadians don't engage in partisan politics when dealing with the Kremlin. Nor do the Brits. Nor does the EU members. Only US Republicans engage in this shit.

Biden is in a place no American president has been in since JFK. Is he perfect? No. Is he doing exceptionally good viv-a-vis the Ukraine invasion? Yes, he is.

Those 28 used Polish MiG-29's were a "feel good" move. I understand that and yet I also wished that it could be so.

But they wouldn't have lasted long when every centimeter of Ukrainian air space is saturated with Russian S-400 anti-air system coverage.

I'm just Just being pragmatic and non-partisan. Something you are apparently either unable or unwilling to do.

Back
Top Bottom