• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's Dishonest Attempt To Pin Inflation on Putin

And especially so if that knowledge might mean Democrats and their penchant for spending money we don’t have might be part of the reason.

Trump added $8 trillion to the debt in a single term.

Because when you're at a point of excessive levels of taxation, as we were and even still remain, cutting taxes is a healthy thing for an economy.

Besides, all else being equal, tax changes in either direction do not increase (and thus do not dilute) the money supply; it's only a question of who retains possession of that money, those that earned it or those that confiscated it.

Excessive taxation?

Cutting taxes is a healthy thing for the economy?

What would be an indication of tax cuts being healthy for the economy?

GDP growth?

Below is a graph depicting tax rates and GDP growth. Seems Reagan's huge tax cut should show a corresponding huge jump in GDP right?

gdp-growth-and-top-marg-tax-rate-1930-to-2015.png

A must-read for anyone who wants to understand why we're seeing such high levels of inflation and to understand how Team Biden is lying to you.

NatMorton’s dishonest attempt to pin inflation on Biden.

Excessive taxation?

Cutting taxes is a healthy thing for the economy?

What would be an indication of tax cuts being healthy for the economy?

GDP growth?

Below is a graph depicting tax rates and GDP growth. Seems Reagan's huge tax cut should show a corresponding huge jump in GDP right?

View attachment 67380829
Is there even one among you on the far left that doesn't need a remedial lesson in the difference between statutory and effective tax rates?

Is there even one among you on the far left that doesn't need a remedial lesson in the difference between statutory and effective tax rates?
Um, they both fell precipitously since 1980.....but WTF does that have to do with yer money supply=inflation meme?

You're welcome to try and prove that, but you won't.

Biden is not responsible for the present inflation, nor can you show that he is. Apparently, neither yourself nor the author of the article know what is actually causing inflation. It’s a trash article.

Who do you praise for the US having less inflation than the rest of the world?

Biden is not responsible for the present inflation, nor can you show that he is. Apparently, neither yourself nor the author of the article know what is actually causing inflation. It’s a trash article.
Dogmatic assertions are not proof, so you'll need to do much better than that (though again, we both know you will not).

You are dodging, I didn't say you did "bring it up".
No, you implied I was taking the thread off course by commenting on taxes when I was only responding to someone who asked me about taxes.

You can try to hide the fact that you're struggling to follow this thread, but you're not fooling anyone. My recommendation is that you slow down, read more carefully, and think before you type.

Um, you want to try that again?
Wait, are you complaining about inflation in 2020? During the darkest days of COVID? When the economy cratered?
Do you even know what you are arguing about?

Wait, are you complaining about inflation in 2020? During the darkest days of COVID? When the economy cratered?
Do you even know what you are arguing about?
Yes, I know what I'm arguing about, and I know what this thread is about -- two things you cannot honestly claim for yourself.

No, you implied I was taking the thread off course by commenting on taxes when I was only responding to someone who asked me about taxes.
No, you inferred that, if you can't connect tax rates to your thread meme of money supply, why respond?
You can try to hide the fact that you're struggling to follow this thread, but you're not fooling anyone. My recommendation is that you slow down, read more carefully, and think before you type.
Says the guy pointing to 2020 inflation levels in a meme thread about money supply......that Joe has wrought.

Back
Top Bottom