• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden's Campaign Manager Says National Polls Are "Inflated", Warns Against Trusting Polls

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

Apparently, the Biden Campaign's own internal polling contradicts the picture painted by ABC, CNN, and NBC.

"Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s campaign manager warned against trusting inflated national polling numbers released this week, which showed Biden in a double-digit lead over incumbent candidate President Trump.

"Please take the fact that we are not ahead by double digits,” Jen O’Malley said Friday, according to a New York Times reporter. “Those are inflated national public polling numbers.”

Smart move on Team Biden's part. Making sure Dems don't become apathetic, so they will be sure to get out and vote to remove the Orange Nightmare from the Oval Office. SHEER BRILLIANCE!!! Meanwhile Trump is dancing like a fool as COVID patients die by the 1000s due to Trump's incompetence.

In other words, O'Malley is lying?

And lying is "brilliance"?
You're still young. You will eventually figure it all out. Clearly you haven't as of yet. Such is the nature of politics. Have you ever heard the term 'white lie', and do you know what the term means?

You're still young. You will eventually figure it all out. Clearly you haven't as of yet. Such is the nature of politics. Have you ever heard the term 'white lie', and do you know what the term means?
Wow.

I’m trying to digest what you just admitted to.

So what are your views on lying in order to prevent economic panic?

Wow.

I’m trying to digest what you just admitted to.

So what are your views on lying in order to prevent economic panic?
You didn't answer my fair question. I'll try again. Do you know what a 'white lie' is? YES or NO?

You didn't answer my fair question. I'll try again. Do you know what a 'white lie' is? YES or NO?
I’m just going to end this conversation by stating that your personal views concerning lying fit perfectly with the stereotype of liberal politicians.

I’m just going to end this conversation by stating that your personal views concerning lying fit perfectly with the stereotype of liberal politicians.
No, Reuben. Let's be honest here. You're ending the conversation, and running away, because you don't want to answer my fair question, and you know if you do, you will get schooled ( again ) by a better debater than yourself.

Last edited:
Don't give in to the Russian trolls before election day.

I never believed all the polls that showed Biden up by double digits or even 7,8,9%. But unfortunately they get averaged into all the other polls that result in a worthless average. These double digit polls and high single digit polls tend to come from the same groups. They involve a media entity. These same media entities when Trump gets multiple polls showing 50% or more approval, it is followed by a barrage of polls with him at least 8 points lower. Personally I think it is by design because the RCP averages are what all media use . Unfortunately, it isn't worth spit. But when they inflate the averages like they have for Biden, when it gets this close to the election you start seeing those inflated averages deflate. Biden is now trailing down in several battleground states.

Two things happened in the past couple of days.
Gallup released its poll that it does every year asking voters are you better off now then you were 4 years ago and 56% said yes, yet we are in the middle of a pandemic. They asked who did they think will win the presidential election and over 56% said Trump and 40% said Biden.

Economic reports released for September showed retail up way above what the experts expected. Housing is also killing it. People are spending money buying big ticket items yet there was an uptick in unemployment claims. That should not be a surprise this has happened. Too bad they did not break it down by states. Any business owner who unfortunately lives in a state run by a Democrat governor, have been through Hell just trying to hold on due to the draconian rules they find themselves living under. It would not surprise many of these new unemployment claims came from Democrat run states. Something else I would like to learn is if Democrat run states have more government employees than Republican run states. Less government Republican versus big government Democrats. Government employees have not missed a paycheck throughout all of this. It is the private sector that is suffering the greatest in Democrat run states. I believe that Democrat run states in the battleground states with the way they have handled COVID will be a plus for Trump who calls for states to open up. WI, MI, PA have Democrat governors.

Seriously?

Multiple Trump hating media polls over the last 6 years...virtually ALL of them bogus...worthless...and you shrug it off as a "white lie"?

This is probably the most pathetic thing I've seen you say on this forum.

It looks like Biden’s campaign manager has reason to be concerned.

CBS now has Trump only 3 points behind in Arizona, and 5 points behind in Wisconsin.

And Biden’s RCP lead in Pennsylvania is now down to 4.4. His lead in Florida is down to 1.4, and RCP shows Trump leading in Ohio.

Those dual debates definitely didn’t help Biden, and it looks like Guthrie’s intense vetting of Trump may have helped Trump.

Trump still has his work cut out for him, but this race isn’t over.

Last edited:
Im tired of over analyzing polls....Can it be Nov. 3 yet? I am actually looking forward to see how accurate these polls really are...

But to add to the conversation, things don't look as meek for Trump with only two more weeks to go.....It'll be close.

ROTFLOL... 20 point enthusiasm deficit...

Joe hiding for months, and all next week... while his corruption scandal erupts like Vesuvius... a Pyroclastic explosion across the nation...

Thanks Hunter!!!

Im tired of over analyzing polls....Can it be Nov. 3 yet? I am actually looking forward to see how accurate these polls really are...

But to add to the conversation, things don't look as meek for Trump with only two more weeks to go.....It'll be close.
I look at it this way:

1. Swing voters will go Trump.

2. Black turnout will not be 90% Democrat, and won’t be enthusiastic Biden.

3. R’s will turn out more voters... as they’re far more enthusiastic. They’re in what Sun Tzu calls Death Ground.

This is going to be a repeat of 2016 for D’s.

Remember their faces? The shock?

ROTFLOL...

It looks like Biden’s campaign manager has reason to be concerned.

CBS now has Trump only 3 points behind in Arizona, and 5 points behind in Wisconsin.

And Biden’s RCP lead in Pennsylvania is now down to 4.4. His lead in Florida is down to 1.4, and RCP shows Trump leading in Ohio.

Those dual debates definitely didn’t help Biden, and it looks like Guthrie’s intense vetting of Trump may have helped Trump.

Trump still has his work cut out for him, but this race isn’t over.
Cherry Picking...
Disinfo, as usual

Is it lying when the Trump campaign states the race is closer than what the msm is reporting.

You cannot have it both ways. So Biden's staff is smart to tell voters not to take things for granted.

Is it lying when the Trump campaign states the race is closer than what the msm is reporting.

You cannot have it both ways. So Biden's staff is smart to tell voters not to take things for granted.
???

I didn’t accuse the Biden campaign of lying. I personally think they’re telling the truth. That is, the polling is inflated.

Several liberal posters replied by claiming that the Biden campaign was lying, and that this was a brilliant political tactic.

I believe that both campaigns are telling the truth, regarding polling.

ROTFLOL... 20 point enthusiasm deficit...

Joe hiding for months, and all next week... while his corruption scandal erupts like Vesuvius... a Pyroclastic explosion across the nation...

Thanks Hunter!!!
we'll all find out soon enough.

this election is really a referendum on Trump and all the American COVID deaths. the voters will decide if they are okay with it.

???

I didn’t accuse the Biden campaign of lying. I personally think they’re telling the truth. That is, the polling is inflated.

Several liberal posters replied by claiming that the Biden campaign was lying, and that this was a brilliant political tactic.

So explain this post of yours.
"

I know you asked it as a question. That is your out. Everyone knows you are a devoted Trump supporter. Dishonest in your posts, got it.

???

There is a degree of Trump voters lying when responding to polls, yes. You are using “inflated” to imply something nefarious on part of the pollsters, which is not accurate.

Apparently, the Biden Campaign's own internal polling contradicts the picture painted by ABC, CNN, and NBC.

"Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s campaign manager warned against trusting inflated national polling numbers released this week, which showed Biden in a double-digit lead over incumbent candidate President Trump.

"Please take the fact that we are not ahead by double digits,” Jen O’Malley said Friday, according to a New York Times reporter. “Those are inflated national public polling numbers.”

Smart move by Biden. The polls don't determine the winner, the people do. He wants to make sure people go out and there, and don't take anything for a gimme.

You’ve been coming here and posting and arguing the lies you bought from right wing media for years.

Trump lies right in your face and you repeat it, sing its praises, and pretend it‘s true.

We all watch you do it.

Anything to grasp onto to keep hope. Doesn't seem like the Republican donors are getting the message.

Back
Top Bottom