• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden's ABC Town Hall Questioners Include Former Obama Speechwriter, Wife Of PA Democratic Candidate

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Looks like the liberal media is, at best, shielding Biden from having to answer tough questions.

And at worst, pulling off some reality TV.

"Two of the questioners at the ABC town hall featuring Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Thursday had ties to high-profile Democrats, including one questioner who previously worked as a speechwriter in the Obama administration. "

"The ABC town hall was hosted by George Stephanopoulos, who was a communications director for the Bill Clinton White House and who has been a political journalist since 2002."

"One of the questioners at the ABC-hosted event was Nathan Osburn, a former speechwriter for the Obama White House. Osburn specifically worked for the Office of Public Affairs at the Commerce Department under the Obama-Biden administration and at the Small Business Administration."

Osburn was quoted in the Philadelphia Inquirer earlier this year as "a former Obama administration speechwriter" who had created a "Philly for Pete group" aimed at boosting former Democratic presidential primary candidate Pete Buttigieg.

Another questioner at the town hall was Mieke Haeck, who ABC presented as a physical therapist from State College, Pa.

Haeck is also the wife of Ezra Nanes, a high-profile Democrat in Pennsylvania who in 2018 ran a campaign challenging Republican state Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman."

Do any liberals have any excuses for why ABC would have disguised a former Obama speechwriter as an "undecided" town hall questioner?

More whining about the debates, I see. Clear evidence you know Trump is losing more and more support each and every day.
Lol, if planting a former Obama speechwriter as an undecided town hall questioner is unimportant, and complaining about it is "whining," we might as well just not believe anything we see on television.

And assume everything is Reality TV.

For the record, I'm not sure this helped Biden anyway, and I think the NBC town hall might have helped Trump.

But thank you for responding to the thread.

Lol, if planting a former Obama speechwriter as an undecided town hall questioner is unimportant, and complaining about it is "whining," we might as well just not believe anything we see on television.

For the record, I'm not sure this helped Biden anyway, and I think the NBC town hall might have helped Trump.

YW, Reuben. Curiousity question, if you care to share. Mind me asking you age? If you opt not to share, no biggie, and understandable. For the record, I don't think either candidate gained or lost lost much last night. We can re-evaluate next week after debate #3.

Biden had 1 million more viewers. And Trump was on 3 channels.

Someday your cult like devotion to Trump will be shattered. Get prepared.

It just gets more hilarious each day.
I hope Reuben is young, beefheart. Doesn't really seem to be that bad of a guy. Hell, I voted for Nixon when I was 19. Live and learn. I wish him well, and may future wisdom gained help enlighten him.

Do you ever stop whining about perceived injustices to your cult leader?

People who dismiss obvious challenges to their belief system as "cultish" are the epitome of the "cultish".

Biden had 1 million more viewers. And Trump was on 3 channels.

Someday your cult like devotion to Trump will be shattered. Get prepared.

I literally LOL'd when I heard that. Had to have made Trump furious that Biden outdrew him on TV. That's as direct a hit to that moron's ego as one can inflict other than this coming election. BIDEN BEAT HIM IN THE RATINGS!! The Apprentice star got his butt whipped by an old, boring man! :p :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

my kids don't cry this much.

Looks like the liberal media is, at best, shielding Biden from having to answer tough questions.

"Two of the questioners at the ABC town hall featuring Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Thursday had ties to high-profile Democrats, including one questioner who previously worked as a speechwriter in the Obama administration. "

"The ABC town hall was hosted by George Stephanopoulos, who was a communications director for the Bill Clinton White House and who has been a political journalist since 2002."

"One of the questioners at the ABC-hosted event was Nathan Osburn, a former speechwriter for the Obama White House. Osburn specifically worked for the Office of Public Affairs at the Commerce Department under the Obama-Biden administration and at the Small Business Administration."

Osburn was quoted in the Philadelphia Inquirer earlier this year as "a former Obama administration speechwriter" who had created a "Philly for Pete group" aimed at boosting former Democratic presidential primary candidate Pete Buttigieg.

Another questioner at the town hall was Mieke Haeck, who ABC presented as a physical therapist from State College, Pa.

Haeck is also the wife of Ezra Nanes, a high-profile Democrat in Pennsylvania who in 2018 ran a campaign challenging Republican state Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman."
The conspiracy theory section is over there ------->

You left out this part buried at the end of that Fox "News" article:

This is Stephanopoulos speaking:

"And they're a group of -- some are voting for [Biden], some have said they're voting for President Trump, some are still undecided, and we're going to try to take questions from as many as we can tonight,"

Did you not read that far or are you being intentionally deceptive to spread BS in defense of Trump?

I hope Reuben is young, beefheart. Doesn't really seem to be that bad of a guy. Hell, I voted for Nixon when I was 19. Live and learn. I wish him well, and may future wisdom gained help enlighten him.
Are you all over 70?

You seem convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that liberalism is truth. And somewhat wrapped up in a world where everyone around you agrees with you. It's interesting to see, I'll say that.

Around here, however, people are far more open to diversity in political beliefs.

I'm in my early 40s.

The conspiracy theory section is over there ------->
Conspiracy theory?

Everything is documented in this article lol.

He is a former Obama speechwriter.

You left out this part buried at the end of that Fox "News" article:

This is Stephanopoulos speaking:

Did you not read that far or are you being intentionally deceptive to spread BS in defense of Trump?
That's stretching it, Jasper lol.

The questioner wasn't simply supporting Biden, he literally worked for Biden's former boss.

Are you all over 70?

You seem convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that liberalism is truth. And somewhat wrapped up in a world where everyone around you agrees with you. It's interesting to see, I'll say that.

I'm in my early 40s.

I have a lot of respect for actual conservative views, actually agree with many of them. What's sad is that there is no longer any party that advances conservative views in an honest way. Trump is no conservative, and a 20 years ago he'd be a pariah in the GOP, laughed at as an ignorant clown, and a walking contradiction to most of what conservatism stands for. Now he's a cult leader of what used to be the party for at least serious conservatives. It's that most of use are so against.

You can ask similar probing questions about Trump's audience.

An audience member seated behind President Trump during his Thursday NBC town hall in Miami went viral on social media after she was seen repeatedly nodding along with his comments and giving a thumbs up...
Some Biden supporters were miffed at Joli's inclusion in the town hall audience because it was mainly focused on undecided voters.... Others accused her of being a "plant."

I have a lot of respect for actual conservative views, actually agree with many of them. What's sad is that there is no longer any party that advances conservative views in an honest way. Trump is no conservative, and a 20 years ago he'd be a pariah in the GOP, laughed at as an ignorant clown, and a walking contradiction to most of what conservatism stands for. Now he's a cult leader of what used to be the party for at least serious conservatives. It's that most of use are so against.
I personally can't stand the two party system. I supported Clinton in the 90s, Bush in the 2000s, then Obama, then Romney, then Trump.

I like the flexibility of the Republican Party, the Democratic platform is too narrow for me.

Are you all over 70?

Around here, however, people are far more open to diversity in political beliefs.

I'm in my early 40s.
Don't be silly, Reuben. I'm 67, and I grew up in a very conservative family in the south in the 50s, 60,s, 70s. Let me help you. Neither liberalism or conservatism are 'truth.' Both are merely 'political ideologies.' How could you not understand such a simple 'fact' at the age of 40 years old? One more thing that you 'may' want to consider going forward in this, or any debate forum. NEVER attempt to put YOUR words in OTHER poster's mouths. Let them speak for themselves. That is what these forums are designed for. When you ( or anyone ) resorts to such tactics, you have already lost the argument. Others have told you this in so many words. You would be wise to heed the advice.

Back
Top Bottom