• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden wrote college recommendation letter for son of Hunter's Chinese business partner, emails reveal

A quid pro quo is ‘you do me a favor and I’ll do you one.’ Private citizen Joe Biden did this guy a favor in 2017. What favor is Biden expecting five years later?

It is the opposite of what Ivanka got, China giving her licenses and perhaps expecting her father to look favorably on them.
Quid pro quos are not always immediately called in. They can be years later.

LOL< what pathetic losers the right are trying to make this a scandal. Just when you think the American Taliban couldn't get any lower, they just keep finding ways to go lower

No, but his father is. Last time I looked the business partners of Hunter weren't in the US government either. But getting an endorsement letter from the former VP smells like quid pro quo.
A recommendation letter is what buying access is going to get you.
I suspect there will be additional instances of this which are going to come out.

Biden wrote college recommendation letter for son of Hunter's Chinese business partner, emails reveal​

(Yawn)

Quid pro quos are not always immediately called in. They can be years later.
You are missing the point. If Biden writing this letter is a favor, he now owes no additional favor.

You are missing the point. If Biden writing this letter is a favor, he now owes no additional favor.
:) Why would he owe one of Hunter’s Chinese business partners a favor? Especially since he’s denied ever discussing Hunters business dealings. This suggests he had some type of relationship with someone he claims to know nothing about.

No, that's simply factually wrong and delusional. Doing a single favor doesn't necessarily equate to 'now owes no additional favor'.

No, that's simply factually wrong and delusional. Doing a single favor doesn't necessarily equate to 'now owes no additional favor'.
Then spell out the quid pro quo.

Shocking!

Ivanka’s Trademark Requests Were Fast-Tracked In China After Trump Was Elected​

The Chinese government granted a total of 41 trademarks to companies linked to Ivanka Trump by April of 2019—and the trademarks she applied for after her father became president got approved about 40% faster than those she requested before Donald Trump’s victory in the 2016 election, according to a new book by Forbes’ senior editor Dan Alexander.

In November, the Chinese government granted a total of 18 trademarks to companies linked to U.S. President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka over the last two months, Chinese public records show, raising concerns about conflicts of interest in the White House as Americans vote in national elections.

In October, China's Trademark Office granted provisional approval for 16 trademarks to Ivanka Trump Marks LLC, bringing to 34 the total number of marks China has greenlighted in the past year, according to the office's online database. The new approvals cover Ivanka-branded fashion gear including sunglasses, handbags, shoes and jewelry, as well as beauty services and voting machines.

A letter of recommendation? LOL.
A letter from someone who lied and said he knew nothing about Hunter's business dealings.

Then spell out the quid pro quo.
Where in my post did I address anything about a quid pro quo?

All I'm saying is simply because someone does a single favor for another does not mean that the former 'now owes no additional favor' to the latter.

All I'm saying is simply because someone does a single favor for another does not mean that the former 'now owes no additional favor' to the latter.
The Biden family is corrupt to the core. It was one big money machine trading off Biden's inside information and influence. He got the prosecutor investigating his son's company fired.

It appears that Fox News has broken this scandal of former Vice President Biden writing a college recommendation letter wide open. Can't wait for the DOJ investigation on this one.

You jumped in. See post 51.

The Biden family is corrupt to the core. It was one big money machine trading off Biden's inside information and influence. He got the prosecutor investigating his son's company fired.
First, there is no factual evidence for what you assert.
Second, the irony that you believe Biden is corrupt while the Trump family is pure, turns the world on its head.

You jumped in. See post 51.
Yes, I did, but my point and post stands independently of post #51.

This in response to your post:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Ruh roh!

A leaked copy of an email exchange between Hunter Biden and Tucker Carlson suggests that the Fox News host once asked the now president’s son to write a college recommendation letter for his son. Yes, the same Carlson who spent weeks attacking and obsessing over every detail of the Hunter Biden laptop story, asked for a recommendation letter for his son, Buckley, who was trying to get into Georgetown University, Biden’s alma mater.

First, there is no factual evidence for what you assert.
Second, the irony that you believe Biden is corrupt while the Trump family is pure, turns the world on its head.
This is not about Trump

This thread shows how totally ****ed up our country is.

On one hand you have an ex president who incited an attempted insurrection to overthrow the United States while he constantly cheats people out of money and doesn't pay his bills and cheats on his multiple baby mamas and on the other hand you have a current president who wrote a recommendation letter for college for a guy.

They have no shame.

This thread shows how totally ****ed up our country is.

On one hand you have an ex president who incited an attempted insurrection to overthrow the United States while he constantly cheats people out of money and doesn't pay his bills and cheats on his multiple baby mamas and on the other hand you have a current president who wrote a recommendation letter for college for a guy.

They have no shame.
What a confused hot mess this post is!
How much did the "big guy" get?

Back
Top Bottom