• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Will Ignore Subpoena From Senate.

Trump extorted Zelensky to investigate his political rival because that morning he saw that Biden had a ten point lead over him. That’s all there is to it.

Biden said what he said. His son worked where he worked.
Its more than they had against to start investigating.
But its all moot anyways: By stating his intention to ignore a theoretical Senate subpoena, he has disqualified himself from the White House.
At least, as per the standards the Democrats seek to apply to President Trump.

So he's refusing to do something he hasn't been asked to do. That takes balls of steel!

:roll:

If he wants to earn Republican's respect he'll say he can't attend because of Bone Spurs.

The majority of Americans is an understatement. When pool companies say 55% of respondants support removing Trump from office, the number is not extrapolated. Can you imagine how many Americans 55% of registered voters would be if they did?

Millions of people watched at least one part of the impeachment hearings. They were televised on every major American news channel, BBC, and online. Then there were video clips and quotes in recap articles everywhere. People who don't "see" Trump's abuse only care about the party retaining power and hating all Democrats. They are choosing to be blind.

Millions of people watched the testimony of Horowitz, and read the report.

It eviscerated the left, their media partners, and the leadership of the intelligence agencies they worked with.

They also watched the Schiff circus, and the Nadler debacle.

Do you think those millions of independent voters are all blind to the facts, and will simply march to the left's tune?

Biden says he wouldn't comply with Senate subpoena in Trump impeachment trial

Good for him. If Republicans can just ignore subpoenas until a final ruling from a court, then Democrats can do the exact same thing. This door of just boycotting the Congress is going to swing both ways here.

In the future there will be Democrats that will simply ignore Republican committee subpoenas, and use the courts for delay. That's something Republicans will come to hate when they have a hard-on for a Democratic president, and they have to wait months and years to get what they want.

Yeah, sure, Republicans can impeach, but so what? The Democrat will stay in office in the end.

He should ignore it. He has exactly nothing to do with Trump's impeachment.

Are you kidding me? Biden NOT a witness? Investigations into his actions and his son's activities in Ukraine were the start of the whole issue.
No official investigation was being conducted into either Biden at the time of Trumps phone call. In fact, please link to the official investigation currently being conducted into either Biden and what they are officially being investigated for?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The Democrats are being hoisted on their own petard. Comey already set a precedence of "intent" driving guilt or exoneration with the Hillary Clinton investigation. Biden is relevant to Trump's intent and by Comey's standard, you need to prove Trump could not have intended to ask for a legitimate corruption investigation for the legitimate goal of complying with Congress' directive to not aid corrupt governments. You have to prove Trump's underlying claims are baseless.

What looks even worse is that the Democrats have been pounding the "if he's innocent he should have witnesses testify to prove it" drum and the same thing can be said for both the Bidens. Let them testify and prove they are not corrupt so that it proves Trump abused his power by asking for a baseless corruption investigation. /sarcasm

This is so backwards and to me, it is evident the Democrats have painted themselves in a corner. When you assume guilt and must prove innocence, this is how the justice system gets twisted in the view of the American public. First the public hears Trump is guilty and must prove his innocence then hear they won't allow the witnesses the defense wants and then builds a case so weak they want to force the Senate to allow fishing with more witnesses as long as they aren't the witnesses the defense wants to call... So convoluted and backwards. Only the wonks are getting in the weeds on this and it is clear to see why support for this process is eroding while Trump's numbers are going up.

Biden is absolutely relevant to Trump's intent. Trump's intent was to destroy his presumed rival. Too bad it blew up in his face.

No official investigation was being conducted into either Biden at the time of Trumps phone call. In fact, please link to the official investigation currently being conducted into either Biden and what they are officially being investigated for?

That poster is lying. There were no investigations into Biden and/or his son.

Oh for crying out loud Petulant Pelosi hasn't even sent the articles over to the Senate yet and her excuses for not doing so are pathetic.

And Biden's response saying he will ignore a subpoena from the Senate is no different than what the WH did over subpoenas from the House. In other words, if one wants the testimony of a person you have to allow the third branch of government the Judiciary to settle it. The House refused to take that route and instead voted one of the articles of impeachment toward Trump as "obstruction of Congress" over the very same thing that Biden is now claiming he will do.

If the articles ever make it to the Senate, they are so weak constitutionally that Trump will be acquitted. I doubt there will be any witnesses called, the lame case from the House Democratic attorneys will present their argument for impeachment and President Trump will have his team there to counter and have things to put into evidence on behalf of the president while Chief Justice Roberts oversees it all. The senators can submit written questions but are not allowed to speak. The whole thing will be over in two weeks from start to finish. They need 67 votes to impeach. The votes are just not there. Sooooo Pelosi knows this and my guess she is holding on to the "articles" because they are simply something to use for political gain in the upcoming 2020 election. If so I do believe it will backfire on her bigtime. It has already started.
As a good Jurist, Roberts should reasonably keep all questioning and what witnesses need to answer to only those things related to Trumps actions, since that is what the impeachment is about. That does not include anything either Biden could reasonably answer legal questions about unless the Senate/Republicans believe one or both overheard one of the conversations Trump had with someone.

This is the new mantra of the left. Everyone is guilty until they prove themselves innocent. If guilt cannot be determined by courts, guilt will be established using public lynch mobs who find people guilty even if the courts didn't.
The very thing that Trump requested on the Bidens involves guilty until proven innocent. And there isnt evidence of any crime at all there.

The very thing that Trump requested on the Bidens involves guilty until proven innocent. And there isnt evidence of any crime at all there.

I find it amusing that on one hand the left are trying to say that Trump was using this Ukraine thing to benefit him personally while saying on the other hand that there was no benefit because the Bidens did nothing wrong. If the Bidens did nothing wrong then there is no way Trump could benefit, therefore, there was no personal gain.

The Senate has one thing the House Dems don't have: A Supreme Court Chief Justice.

If Biden ignores a subpoena, Roberts has the power to order US Marshals to find him and frog-march his ass before the Senate.

Anyway, the Republicans are used to Dems ignoring subpoenas. Heck, they found Holder in contempt for not showing up. Nothing happened to Holder, either. (It helped him to have a Dem AG)

Works both ways; if Roberts sets that precedent then Trump and his staff would have no option but to comply with subpoena requests themselves-or risk a contempt of court ruling along with all the unpleasant consequences. Like jail.

Cool story. Thanks for confirming that your fellow Trump Devotee lied.

What story?
Its fact. The aid was delivered. no investigation required.
Nothing happened.
No harm. no foul.

What story?
Its fact. The aid was delivered. no investigation required.
Nothing happened.
No harm. no foul.

So you jumped into this thread, quoted my post, and don't know what I posted about?

Just because Trump posts idiocy on social media doesn't mean you have to as well.

I find it amusing that on one hand the left are trying to say that Trump was using this Ukraine thing to benefit him personally while saying on the other hand that there was no benefit because the Bidens did nothing wrong. If the Bidens did nothing wrong then there is no way Trump could benefit, therefore, there was no personal gain.
In a political contest, election, what is put out doesnt have to be true, proven to do damage, particularly if someone is using their position to get a foreign government to investigate their rival/rivals son. Don't need to get the person convicted to do political damage. Hence benefit to the President/politician trying to get an investigation without any real evidence of a crime or that an investigation is warranted at all.

Works both ways; if Roberts sets that precedent then Trump and his staff would have no option but to comply with subpoena requests themselves-or risk a contempt of court ruling along with all the unpleasant consequences. Like jail.

There is no guarantee...nor the requirement...that Roberts must issue a subpoena for ALL people. He very well could require Biden to appear but not require, say, Bolton to appear.

There is no guarantee...nor the requirement...that Roberts must issue a subpoena for ALL people. He very well could require Biden to appear but not require, say, Bolton to appear.

He would have to come up with a damn good reason. See, the law relies on precedent.

Millions of people watched the testimony of Horowitz, and read the report.

It eviscerated the left, their media partners, and the leadership of the intelligence agencies they worked with.

They also watched the Schiff circus, and the Nadler debacle.

Do you think those millions of independent voters are all blind to the facts, and will simply march to the left's tune?

So millions of pepole know Schiff and Nadler were not running circuses and there were not debacles.

In a political contest, election, what is put out doesnt have to be true, proven to do damage, particularly if someone is using their position to get a foreign government to investigate their rival/rivals son. Don't need to get the person convicted to do political damage. Hence benefit to the President/politician trying to get an investigation without any real evidence of a crime or that an investigation is warranted at all.

Ah. Now I understand. You mean that the left should not have been using the help of a foreign government to influence elections, such as the Steele Dossier.

Anyone subpoenaed by either house of Congress...SHOULD APPEAR.

If the want to invoke individual rights not to testify (Fifth Amendment or Executive privilege) they should do so at that point.

That holds for Biden...and ANYONE else subpoenaed.

Ah. Now I understand. You mean that the left should not have been using the help of a foreign government to influence elections, such as the Steele Dossier.
The left didnt use official channels to get info on a political rival. They were given info, and then investigated via of official channels.

They did not ask a foreign governor to provide an investigation into a political rival. In fact, had Trump simply started such an official investigation into Biden, either Biden, he could not have been charged with anything for at least years (and then only if they could prove he was just doing the investigation to trash a political opponent).

Anyone subpoenaed by either house of Congress...SHOULD APPEAR.

If the want to invoke individual rights not to testify (Fifth Amendment or Executive privilege) they should do so at that point.

That holds for Biden...and ANYONE else subpoenaed.
I agree with this honestly. If subpoenaed, they can plea the 5th, ensure there are objections made to off topic questions.

Why would he? What could Biden testify to in relation to Trump abusing his office?

Back
Top Bottom