• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden White House leans toward releasing information about Trump and Jan. 6 attack, setting off legal and political showdown

I'm hoping that such information is released so that we the people may get to the very bottom about why and what happened on 1/6/21. There's nothing wrong with reading the truth, becuse that's what grown up adults are supposed to do. Read and digest information to make justifiability right what was wronged to the best of our abilities. (y)

AAxYc4g.img

The committee has focused, in part, on seeking information about whether the Trump White House and members of Congress played any role in encouraging the demonstrations, which interrupted the constitutionally mandated certification of electoral votes and unleashed a series of violent confrontations with the U.S. Capitol Police.

White House documents requested by the panel are identified by National Archives personnel and then sent to Biden and Trump lawyers. The first tranche was sent out Aug. 31, according to a person familiar with the transfer.

Trump has 30 days following the delivery of the documents to decide whether to object to their release, according to the statute. Even if he opposes turning them over, the Biden White House has decision-making authority and can release them, over Trump’s objections, after an additional 60 days has elapsed. Trump’s remaining option would be to go to court to try to halt the release, legal advisers said.
The Dems have been fighting to NOT realease infromation about Jan 6th ! Because it will take the hot air out of their "Insurrection" hype!

Many are scared, what they will find?
It does not matter what they find that may tarnish Trump. Kerist if it was shown some in the WH Admin played a part in the attack, prior and during, well we know how Trump sycophants will respond

Now President Biden, I know it grates on many Rs reading that.
Trump lost to a as he called President Biden a loser

When you have party leadership calling the attack on the Capitol a tour, just another big R lie

Trump IS a loser. In the words of his niece, a ****ing loser. And a particularly poor loser at that. Not a proper role model for the youth of today. Ammirite?

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court ruled that you can't exert Executive Privilege to cover up a crime. But we have a new Supreme Court now. One that follows the Constitution. So, fingers crossed.

The Honorable (and sorely missed) Donald J. Trump is probably thinking "Bring it on, Dems!"

(Of course, the decision will be made by Nancy and Chuck and others of that ilk. The frail gentleman in the Oval Office will ratify anything they put before him.)
I recommend looking up "honorable" in a dictionary because it in no way shape or form describes Donald Trump.

We aren't talking about classified information. We are talking about privileged information.

No, we aren’t.

We’re talking about evidence of a conspiracy to void an election so your fuher
Jesus...

Dismissed.

So, produce evidence to refute it.

Being dismissed is your way of surrendering anyway.

Trump will, as always, do everything possible to avoid transparency. No expense will be spared. You can bet all appeals will be fully utilized. He'll start a GoFundMe page at his website.

I'm hoping that such information is released so that we the people may get to the very bottom about why and what happened on 1/6/21. There's nothing wrong with reading the truth, becuse that's what grown up adults are supposed to do. Read and digest information to make justifiability right what was wronged to the best of our abilities. (y)

AAxYc4g.img

The committee has focused, in part, on seeking information about whether the Trump White House and members of Congress played any role in encouraging the demonstrations, which interrupted the constitutionally mandated certification of electoral votes and unleashed a series of violent confrontations with the U.S. Capitol Police.

White House documents requested by the panel are identified by National Archives personnel and then sent to Biden and Trump lawyers. The first tranche was sent out Aug. 31, according to a person familiar with the transfer.

Trump has 30 days following the delivery of the documents to decide whether to object to their release, according to the statute. Even if he opposes turning them over, the Biden White House has decision-making authority and can release them, over Trump’s objections, after an additional 60 days has elapsed. Trump’s remaining option would be to go to court to try to halt the release, legal advisers said.
djt will try to invoke Executive Privilege. F'ing hilarious.

If the Biden administration released any communications the WH engages in...just because someone asks for it...then the Biden administration would have a semi-reasonable justification to release Trump stuff. But it would STILL depend upon an agreement from Trump.

But we all know that the Biden administration will never do that. Hypocrisy abounds.

Not familiar with the Presidential Records Act? They don't need Trump's agreement for crap... He doesn't own the information, the American own it...

Last edited:
The Honorable (and sorely missed) Donald J. Trump is probably thinking "Bring it on, Dems!"

(Of course, the decision will be made by Nancy and Chuck and others of that ilk. The frail gentleman in the Oval Office will ratify anything they put before him.)

How is Biden not of that ilk?

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court ruled that you can't exert Executive Privilege to cover up a crime. But we have a new Supreme Court now. One that follows the Constitution. So, fingers crossed.

Yes, there is ample precident for that. Trump has no claim of Executive Privilege to cover up his crimes.

That’s why he never tried to assert it throughout the Russia thing.

Meaning that Presidents should be able to use EP to cover crimes?

Desperation move to get the media focused on something - anything- other than his disasterous administration.
Trump sure he is fighting mighty hard to prevent that diversion from happening

Keep in mind this: Biden has 30 days - then an additional 60 days to legally release said information based on any court battles that ensues / delayed by Trump.
How would you unring that bell if he decided to release it tomorrow?

More TDS from the Left. Pretty sad, but liberal voted this shit show in.
TDS started with Republicans voting for the shit show in the 2016 GOP primaries. I'm glad Trump's out of the White House, but you'll have to be patient as Americans continue to document/process what you all put the country through.

Trump IS a loser. In the words of his niece, a ****ing loser. And a particularly poor loser at that. Not a proper role model for the youth of today. Ammirite?
70 Mil plus voted for the POS
He controls the republican party
What could go wrong?

That disastrous admin is finally behind us. (y)
Eight months of it anyway. It will get a little better after the midterms.

Desperation move to get the media focused on something - anything- other than his disasterous administration.
The Biden administration is proving itself to be a danger to the nation. Nixon was immediately pardoned by Ford after his resignation, and from that point on, the entire agenda was to put the past behind and move forward, which Carter subsequently did, anxious to heal the nation. The Biden administration believes in petty, inflammatory rhetoric to offset its failures, as you have pointed out. When Biden was elected, I wished him well. Never did i think that he could prove to be such an unethical, self-serving imbecile. I doubt he will make it through 4 years by virtue of his failing mental state, which I can only presume is the reason for his childish leadership. A man of intellect and honor would want the nation to move forward and unite it, not risk more divide and potentially a civil war. Thanks!!

This is all another try at keeping more of their supporters from escaping their flurrys of BS. Approval ratings of the Biden admin are sliding into a place that better reflects their actual performance.

The Dems have been fighting to NOT realease infromation about Jan 6th ! Because it will take the hot air out of their "Insurrection" hype!

If that becomes the case - shame on the Dems. I haven't sensed that yet. It feels slow as molasses is all. There needs to be a full legal assault pulled on all things 1/6!!

djt will try to invoke Executive Privilege. F'ing hilarious.
Yeah, I know. The dumbass simply can't get his dictatorness out of his head.

Back
Top Bottom