• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Wants A National Mask Mandate

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Joe Biden appeared to walk back his pledge to institute a nationwide mask mandate to fight the coronavirus on Sunday, noting that such federal action goes against the U.S. Constitution."There's a constitutional issue whether federal government could issue such a mandate. I don’t think constitutionally they could, so I wouldn’t issue a mandate."

Biden previously has said he'd implement a three-month nationwide mask mandate if he is elected president in November.

Biden Walks Back Mask Mandate Pledge; Not Constitutional | Newsmax.com

He wants to leave it up to the governors and he thinks that if he "pleads with people" they will follow the mask mandate.

This is his plan to fight Covid-19.

Last edited:
Joe Biden appeared to walk back his pledge to institute a nationwide mask mandate to fight the coronavirus on Sunday, noting that such federal action goes against the U.S. Constitution."There's a constitutional issue whether federal government could issue such a mandate. I don’t think constitutionally they could, so I wouldn’t issue a mandate."

Biden previously has said he'd implement a three-month nationwide mask mandate if he is elected president in November.

He wants to leave it up to the governors and he thinks that if he "pleads with people" they will follow the mask mandate.

WRONG

COVID Timeline – Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

From his site:

Implement mask mandates nationwide by working with governors and mayors and by asking the American people to do what they do best: step up in a time of crisis.

Nationwide. As in 50 governors.

Masks do fight the spread of the virus. Why people don't understand that is beyond me.

So JOes plan is to do what some are doing now. Hes a genius.

Fixed it for you.:mrgreen:

Look at the most recent Trump rally. It is amazing to see nothing but masks on everyone.:lamo

I know, it is a peaceful protest.

Look at the most recent Trump rally. It is amazing to see nothing but masks on everyone.:lamo

You cant make people wear these things outdoors. This isnt the Soviet Union and this isnt the Black Plague. You cant hide from this virus forever. Get it and get it over with.

You cant make people wear these things outdoors. This isnt the Soviet Union and this isnt the Black Plague. You cant hide from this virus forever. Get it and get it over with.

Of you can't. You can't stop all people from ignoring traffic laws either.
Didn't President Trump ask us to wear mask when you can't social distance? Yes or No

Have you had Covid 19?

Of you can't. You can't stop all people from ignoring traffic laws either.
Didn't President Trump ask us to wear mask when you can't social distance? Yes or No

Have you had Covid 19?

Yes, Ive had it and Im glad, frankly. Now I dont have to worry about it.

Yes, Ive had it and Im glad, frankly. Now I dont have to worry about it.

Glad you survived. Just keep track of possible long term impact to your health.

As far as you not having to worry. It is not known how long you will be.

Masks do fight the spread of the virus. Why people don't understand that is beyond me.

You should explain that to all the young liberals who flaunt the mask mandate, going to parties, bars, beaches, and protests.

So JOes plan is to do what we are doing now. Hes a genius.

That's exactly the point. He has no plan other than what Trump is already doing and yet he criticizes Trump for doing Biden's plan.

1. Leave it up to the governors and local leaders to issue a mask mandate.

2. Lock down the country again if experts say we should. Trump is already following the experts advice who say we don't need to lock the country down.

3. work on treatments and vaccines

If you look at the ages of the newly diagnosed you will see most are 29 and younger and most of those are not going to Trump rallies. They are young liberals flaunting mask mandates because they can't live their lives without going to parties, bars, beaches, and protests. Of course the MSM usually doesn't show those pictures. They show the Sturgis and Trump rally pictures to make everyone think it is righties spreading the virus.

And if he said he would definitely implement a nationwide mandate, you would be complaining about your rights. How do you compose a plan when folks like you won't follow it?

And if he said he would definitely implement a nationwide mandate, you would be complaining about your rights. How do you compose a plan when folks like you won't follow it?

It is the younger, liberal generation that does not follow it. The MSM always show you the pictures of Sturgis or a Trump rally but the numbers actually prove that most of the newly diagnosed are age 29 and under. These are not Sturgis people or Trump supporters. But, Biden criticized Trump saying he would force a national mask mandate on the entire country for at least three months and now he says he can't do that and would leave it up to the governors. It took him months to figure out what Trump already had done, leave it up to the governors. In other words, Biden is criticizing Trump for doing the Biden plan. And, California has had a mask mandate for 2 1/2 months now, having 4000 cases per day before the mask mandate and now having 4000 per day 2 1/2 months after the mask mandate. And Biden wants to do this for the whole country.

If you look at the ages of the newly diagnosed you will see most are 29 and younger and most of those are not going to Trump rallies. They are young liberals flaunting mask mandates because they can't live their lives without going to parties, bars, beaches, and protests. Of course the MSM usually doesn't show those pictures. They show the Sturgis and Trump rally pictures to make everyone think it is righties spreading the virus.

our local news has covered college aged young people partying and not wearing mask. It is an issue with ASU, UA. in Arizona.

our local news has covered college aged young people partying and not wearing mask. It is an issue with ASU, UA. in Arizona.

I never see the left calling these people out. In fact, they blame college kid's behavior on the colleges and universities.

It is the younger, liberal generation that does not follow it. The MSM always show you the pictures of Sturgis or a Trump rally but the numbers actually prove that most of the newly diagnosed are age 29 and under. These are not Sturgis people or Trump supporters. But, Biden criticized Trump saying he would force a national mask mandate on the entire country for at least three months and now he says he can't do that and would leave it up to the governors. It took him months to figure out what Trump already had done, leave it up to the governors. In other words, Biden is criticizing Trump for doing the Biden plan. And, California has had a mask mandate for 2 1/2 months now, having 4000 cases per day before the mask mandate and now having 4000 per day 2 1/2 months after the mask mandate. And Biden wants to do this for the whole country.

First it was only old people, now it's younger people and there was no problem at sturgis even though ninety five percent of the people I saw there weren't wearing masks. At every trump rally, very little mask wearing. Why does the right complain so much when they themselves are half the cause of the problem persisting? Mandate or no mandate some folks just will not comply about wearing a mask. I just saw a trump supporter say he doesn't care that trump said this virus is deadly, he's convinced it's all a hoax by the dems. This is the monster the gop has become now the troops don't even believe trump and they still support him. Crazy!

I never see the left calling these people out. In fact, they blame college kid's behavior on the colleges and universities.

I was just posting what I see on our local msm tv news.

Unlike you I will not say the college people are left or right. We don't know. If you are making the case that "right" leaning young people don't party, always keeps social distancing and wearing mask when they can't, I will have to say bs. Young people who are partying are of all political leanings.

It is time we quit the left did this and the right did that. It is not helpful.

So for the left. Look at President Trumps 2016 campaign on the economy, on China, the Military, Trade, judicial reform and look at what he says now, very similar to 2016. Listen to what Joe Biden says on these issues, and it sounds like he is reading the Trump plan and trying to make it sound a little different. Biden doesn't have a plan except for raising taxes, wearing a mask adn getting rid of carbon fuels. Not a single positive thing coming from Joe Biden. What Biden gives is constant smears over the Presidents handling of Covid. You realize Biden called the travel ban from China xenophobic and unnecessary when Trump issued it and now he says he would have locked up the country sooner.

I was just posting what I see on our local msm tv news.

Unlike you I will not say the college people are left or right. We don't know. If you are making the case that "right" leaning young people don't party, always keeps social distancing and wearing mask when they can't, I will have to say bs. Young people who are partying are of all political leanings.

It is time we quit the left did this and the right did that. It is not helpful.

I'm saying, let's be real. The huge majority of 29 and unders are not on the right.

Biden Walks Back Mask Mandate Pledge; Not Constitutional | Newsm

A responseablePresident would encourage Govenors to follow The Whitehouse covid guidelines and have the public wear masks inside public places.

WhiteHouse guidelines. 30 days to slow the spread

[url]https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf

Last edited:
A responseablePresident would encourage Govenors to follow our white household pandemic guidelines and have the public wear masks inside public places.

Like thats not happening now :roll:

Back
Top Bottom