• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden wanst us to wear masks our masks for 100 days beginning on “Day One” January 20, 2021

By my count that will make 412 straight days I along with most people will have worn a mask. But those 100 days under Biden will fix everything.

How odd. Didn't you just start a thread recently where you said this?

Although as a rightie I should be against lockdowns, mask requirements, etc. I’m not. If a month or two of inconvenience could accelerate our progress towards normalcy, I’ll bite my tough, don my mask, and run away from unmasked heathens.

You seem to accept that wearing a mask and the other stuff might make a difference, but you're balking at 3 months of wearing that mask vs 2? I mean if two months made an impact what do you think 3 could do?

And btw when did he say it would fix everything?

How odd. Didn't you just start a thread recently where you said this?

You seem to accept that wearing a mask and the other stuff might make a difference, but you're balking at 3 months of wearing that mask vs 2? I mean if two months made an impact what do you think 3 could do?

And btw when did he say it would fix everything?

That's fairly damning on at least two fronts, inconsistency and strawman building.

Let's see how he responds.

Wrap Joe in a cellophane mask. No need to wait until January.

Most people are FINALLY wearing a mask while they are out and about. That was not the case earlier in the Pandemic. Even with that, the real issue is that people DO NOT both mask and distance. They for the most part mask now out and about and distance for the most part since they are among strangers. However the real problem is people do not mask in social gatherings and they don't distance in them either. Friends may be friends but unless they are a member of your immediate household, they can kill you or a relative of yours.

That is how most spread is occurring now. People get together in social gatherings mixing people from different households and BANG....spread. Sort of like the IDIOT WH and its IDIOT gatherings. Sort of like the IDIOT GOP and its IDIOT gatherings. Sort of like big wigs from all over the political spectrum and their IDIOT gatherings.

Anecdotal experience: One of my daughter's friends INSISTED on going to a baby shower a couple weeks ago. Of course that group of "friends" didn't mask and didn't distance. BANG....spread. All sorts of acquaintances drawn into the fiasco with everybody waiting for the principles to get tested so they could decide if they needed to get tested and/or quarantine. Its just that easy.
We worked hard all year, to stay safe & healthy. Now is not the time to get lax. Just keep on 'keeping on' 3 or 4 more months, and we can start putting this thing behind us. But if there ever was a time to be vigilant, it's now through March!

BTW - I'm hoping doing a 'hundred (%) for a hundred', can become a patriotic movement. We don't need Rosie the Riveter or War Bounds for four years. But a 'patriotic hundred' will get us through to the other side!

At this point, if you're not already wearing a mask doubt Biden is going to convince anyone to start.

If we could've just made the stupid stay home we would've managed this pandemic without as much death and economic fallout.

By my count that will make 412 straight days I along with most people will have worn a mask. But those 100 days under Biden will fix everything.
So you are completely unaware of the fact that mask wearing has been a half-measure because half the people in this country refuse to wear them?
Don't wear one!

Go out in public without a mask, go to a bar and get close with as many as you can, by all means.

The goal isn't to fix everything, but to prevent a healthcare epidemic where people are literally dying in the street because there is a lack of resources. But you knew that, right?

A mask or COVID 19? Your choice.....

Very cool …… Wear a Mask Wear a Mask

How Masks Help

Stay outdoors if one must demand socializing as air movement is a preventive tool which likely is successful if humans are not engaged in the act of sex.

On a more selfish note, my wife and I are the Guests of Honor at the planned unveiling of a very important Tulsa historical landmark next November, and I'd like to be able to make the cross country drive and attend the event without risking our lives more than the usual amount.
So if you ignorant yokels would just cooperate and then go get vaxxed, that'd be great. :cool:

59d64c99a8597.image.jpg

And you think debate will disappear, why? How exactly is he going to increase compliance above what the states that already have mask mandates already have?
Do I think the anti-maskers will disappear? Not a chance. It's not up to Biden to ensure compliance to do the smart thing, it's up to us.

Hey Bullseye, Biden doesn't want you to wear a mask for one hundred days, the families of the fourteen people I currently know who either caught the virus or lost a dear one to it want you to wear it.

BiDumb and the rest of the Left want more than a "national mask mandate". They really want a nationwide HARD lockdown. Everything closed indefinitely and permanently. And people prisoners in their own homes.

Don't you have another superspreader rally to attend to. Isn't it all a hoax. According to your leader, doctors are faking corona death for money.

If COVID is an enemy invader then no one has done more to help the invader than Donald Trump.

This country used to be able to unite behind a common cause and pull together. During WW2 was rationing. People made sacrifices. If this happened today people would be complaining that rationing is unconstitutional. Half the people would be protesting the war. We're a broken country.

i have no problem with wearing a mask. i've been doing it since March. it's annoying and uncomfortable, but not as annoying and uncomfortable as COVID, IMO.

After wearing a mask for a month, it's a habit. Natural. I don't even think about it.

I still see people pouting about it in public, but they're quieter now. They know better.

Back
Top Bottom