• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden wanst us to wear masks our masks for 100 days beginning on “Day One” January 20, 2021

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
By my count that will make 412 straight days I along with most people will have worn a mask. But those 100 days under Biden will fix everything.

By my count that will make 412 straight days I along with most people will have worn a mask. But those 100 days under Biden will fix everything.
Most people are FINALLY wearing a mask while they are out and about. That was not the case earlier in the Pandemic. Even with that, the real issue is that people DO NOT both mask and distance. They for the most part mask now out and about and distance for the most part since they are among strangers. However the real problem is people do not mask in social gatherings and they don't distance in them either. Friends may be friends but unless they are a member of your immediate household, they can kill you or a relative of yours.

That is how most spread is occurring now. People get together in social gatherings mixing people from different households and BANG....spread. Sort of like the IDIOT WH and its IDIOT gatherings. Sort of like the IDIOT GOP and its IDIOT gatherings. Sort of like big wigs from all over the political spectrum and their IDIOT gatherings.

Anecdotal experience: One of my daughter's friends INSISTED on going to a baby shower a couple weeks ago. Of course that group of "friends" didn't mask and didn't distance. BANG....spread. All sorts of acquaintances drawn into the fiasco with everybody waiting for the principles to get tested so they could decide if they needed to get tested and/or quarantine. Its just that easy.

If that is what you got from his speech, I suggest you go back and listen again. .

Dunno people will **** it up anyway. How people wear their masks in public seems to perfectly reflect the normal distribution of IQ as well.

Most people are FINALLY wearing a mask while they are out and about. That was not the case earlier in the Pandemic. Even with that, the real issue is that people DO NOT both mask and distance. They for the most part mask now out and about and distance for the most part since they are among strangers. However the real problem is people do not mask in social gatherings and they don't distance in them either. Friends may be friends but unless they are a member of your immediate household, they can kill you or a relative of yours.
What I saw was most people being good with masks and distancing early one. Remember it was supposed to be a 15-day “bend the curve” break. Then it just kept going and going.
jnug said:
That is how most spread is occurring now. People get together in social gatherings mixing people from different households and BANG....spread. Sort of like the IDIOT WH and its IDIOT gatherings. Sort of like the IDIOT GOP and its IDIOT gatherings. Sort of like big wigs from all over the political spectrum and their IDIOT gatherings.
You guys can turn anything into a Trump diatribe. :rolleyes:
jnug said:
Anecdotal experience: One of my daughter's friends INSISTED on going to a baby shower a couple weeks ago. Of course that group of "friends" didn't mask and didn't distance. BANG....spread. All sorts of acquaintances drawn into the fiasco with everybody waiting for the principles to get tested so they could decide if they needed to get tested and/or quarantine. Its just that easy.
My county keeps track of “covid clusters” - places where two or more cases can be traced back too. So far workplaces and businesses score highest. small private get togethers are much lower

Seems like an insignificant price to pay if by chance it keeps someone alive, or keeps some businesses open and people working and making a living,

But WTF do I know, I've never felt my constitutional right were violated by someone asking me to wear a damn mask to keep myself and others potentially healthy.

YMMV

That's 412 days of debating whether or not it made a difference to wear a mask.

Maybe 100 days without debate but with compliance (for your neighbors sake) could make a difference.
And you think debate will disappear, why? How exactly is he going to increase compliance above what the states that already have mask mandates already have?

I don't know what amount of people will start wearing masks when the president is no longer ranting about how wearing a mask makes you less of a man, but I imagine a lot of people will suddenly be fine with it. I know some people want to act like having a flamethrower as POTUS doesn't impact anything, but I really disagree. Having leadership that frames the pandemic as a crisis in which Americans must band together to overcome will do a lot of good.

Setting an achievable short term goal so as to fend off procedure fatigue is leadership 101. It's scary how many people don't get it. Minions.

Setting an achievable short term goal so as to fend off procedure fatigue is leadership 101. It's scary how many people don't get it. Minions.
Except that goal was set almost a year ago. Many states have mask mandates in effect since last March. It’s like Slo Joe thinks he’s made a stunning discovery.

Except that goal was set almost a year ago. Many states have mask mandates in effect since last March. It’s like Slo Joe thinks he’s made a stunning discovery.
Trump doesnt want you to wear one

It's funny that he thinks 100 days will fix what 300 didn't. It's also coming to light that the "science" has been wrong about most everything. Masks apparently haven't worked too well because we are in a huge surge according to the democrats and the experts.

It's funny that he thinks 100 days will fix what 300 didn't. It's also coming to light that the "science" has been wrong about most everything. Masks apparently haven't worked too well because we are in a huge surge according to the democrats and the experts.
So dont wear a mask? Brillant. Lol

BiDumb and the rest of the Left want more than a "national mask mandate". They really want a nationwide HARD lockdown. Everything closed indefinitely and permanently. And people prisoners in their own homes.

What I saw was most people being good with masks and distancing early one. Remember it was supposed to be a 15-day “bend the curve” break. Then it just kept going and going.
You guys can turn anything into a Trump diatribe. :rolleyes:
My county keeps track of “covid clusters” - places where two or more cases can be traced back too. So far workplaces and businesses score highest. small private get togethers are much lower
The reason I pointed to that anecdotal experience and "social gathering" is because it is the momentary error that now seems so dangerous whether in a small social gathering or not. So expand thinking about small social gatherings to recognize that small gatherings from separate households do in fact take place in larger settings. It does not matter if these gatherings take place in a home or in a bar or at a large business conference. Its the girls or guys getting together at the mall all masked up until "well I want to pull my mask off for a couple minutes" and BANG....spread.....or "I want to really make this point hit home at a business conference so I will take off my mask" and BANG.....spread or I just need a rest from this damned mask and can't leave the assembly line and BANG spread.

The tip off is that all of the polling focuses on people "MOSTLY" wearing their masks now or that they "regularly" wear masks. Well MOSTLY is not good enough and what does "regularly" even mean in the context of even one contact of the wrong kind and COVID is transmitted. I don't think enough has been made of the fact that COVID spreads by aerosol as well. One asymptomatic carrier can do a heck of a lot of damage until discovered unless we are doing enough testing and contact tracing and we are not doing enough of either in most places.

Watch, the countries that can "lock down" of which we are not one, will come out of this fall/winter phase of COVID faster than we will. If we can get enough people to actually think about what they are doing such that they do not let down their guard, it might be as effective as locking down. It is really all we have until widespread vaccines available. Do we really want to be looking at the kinds of numbers we are producing now until widespread vaccines available to everybody. That is still months away regardless of what Donnie says. Do we really even know how much of the population will vaccinate?

If I wanted to identify the most entitled, privileged, and coddled people on the planet, I am not sure how I would do it, but a good start might be finding the ones who cried like schoolgirls about wearing a mask during a pandemic.

So dont wear a mask? Brillant. Lol

It's incredible isn't it? The simple minded aren't just offended by being asked to wear a mask, they are butt hurt and want everyone else to agree with them.

I personally wouldn't give a damn if they all attended a trump rally without masks and went back to fantasy island together to prove their herd immunity philosophy. Perhaps someone with an IQ above 50 could carry on their gene pool.

However, in the real world, my family has been hit hard by the virus, my wife works in the medical profession (and is exhausted and may retire soon due to this) and the idiots who walk among us believe that if they need to go to the hospital due to their most recent "hey ya'll watch this" incident there will be plenty of beds available (good luck with that). The medical profession will treat you anti maskers/it's a hoax fools the best they can under the circumstances they are forced to operate under right now, but they look upon you with the utmost contempt.

Carry on, last I checked Trump hasn't lost a legal battle in the last 15 minutes

Back
Top Bottom