• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden versus Stalin

Biden is responsible for his failure. He put all his eggs in the diplomacy basket without a plan B and negotiated from a position of weakness. His punitive sanctions are fine but don’t try to say they are some kind of success as Putin bombs Ukraine to the stone age.
Who has he negotiated with? Far as I know It's Putin and Zelenskyy negotiating with Turkish intermediaries. And your dumb comment about all his eggs in the diplomacy basket without a plan B is just that, dumb. You don't have a clue what he has or hasn't done diplomatically. Diplomacy happens between diplomats and doesn't defer to the great unwashed masses.
Yeah we get it, you want him to have 'flooded' Ukraine with missiles. You think Putin would have run off scared. But you are probably nearly alone in that delusion.

Who has he negotiated with? Far as I know It's Putin and Zelenskyy negotiating with Turkish intermediaries. And your dumb comment about all his eggs in the diplomacy basket without a plan B is just that, dumb. You don't have a clue what he has or hasn't done diplomatically. Diplomacy happens between diplomats and doesn't defer to the great unwashed masses.
Yeah we get it, you want him to have 'flooded' Ukraine with missiles. You think Putin would have run off scared. But you are probably nearly alone in that delusion.
Biden tried and failed to use diplomacy and threats of sanctions to stop Putin from invading Ukraine. Quite obviously he failed.

???? Are you not able to interpret words correctly>

I fully support what can be done legally, morally and with the intent to help without triggering bigger problems My statement simply stated that we should not be the ones "triggering" further responses that we may not be able to control. We should do what we can without going over the safety line that puts the entire world at risk of dying.

Do you not agree that this is the intelligent, responsible, and correct thing to do?...
It depends entirely on who's drawing this safety line and where it's placed. Is the line anywhere Putin says it is? Do we roll over anytime Putin rattles his nukes? Stinger and Javelin missiles are ok with Putin, but he says Mig's flown by Ukrainians crosses the line. What is the difference? Mig's too effective? Yes, Mr. Putin, wouldn't want to make you feel uncomfortable.

...Or are you the kind of person that goes in with guns blazing, balls showing, and with no evaluation of the risks involved in doing that?

and by the way and addressing your last paragraph. Neither of us has enough information to say what should be done or can be done. Every weapon has a benefit and a consequence involved in using it. You just don't send in weapons without considering what the consequences might be (like perhaps the Ukrainians not having the necessary experience and knowledge of the weapon itself, to use it correctly without consequences to themselves or other innocent people)...
Of course you have to consider the consequences and the risks involved. Zelenskyy wants NATO involvement and a no-fly zone, I'm against both. I don't believe we should provide aircraft or pilots and if Ukraine can't provide the pilots to fly the Mig's they shouldn't be sent. Prudence is required here, but we're not the only ones that need to exercise it and if Putin refuses, we can only kowtow so low and for so long.

...As far as stinger missiles being sent, two officials of the U.S. government have stated they have been sent to Ukraine

But this is the "official line":

The world knows — and Russia knows — that the U.S. is siding with Ukraine. But when it comes to the most provocative moves, namely delivering lethal and effective weapons and intelligence, President JOE BIDEN and his team prefer to keep silent. Clearly the administration has assessed that any official confirmation from the White House would be seen as a serious escalation by Moscow.

They are doing so but not making star headlines and yelling it from the ramparts. Does this way of doing this not make sense to you?
No it doesn't make sense to me and neither does it to Biden and his administration who are yelling it from the ramparts...

"President Joe Biden on Wednesday said Russian President Vladimir Putin "is a war criminal" for attacking Ukraine and announced an additional $800 million in security assistance including weapons to take down Russian planes and tanks...

"..."This new package on its own is going to provide unprecedented assistance to Ukraine, and includes 800 anti-aircraft systems," Biden said, to halt attacks on Ukrainians by Russian planes and helicopters.
At Zelenskiy's request, Washington will help Ukraine acquire additional long-range missile anti-aircraft systems, Biden said. It will also supply 9,000 anti-armor systems, drones and 7,000 small arms such as machine guns, shotguns and grenade launchers that will help civilians fighting to defend their country..."

Back
Top Bottom