• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden versus Stalin

Actually I want to give Ukraine everything it needs to win this war so we never do have to go to war with Russia. Biden has drug his feet on everything and given half hearted military support. If he had made it clear from the beginning that we would not allow Ukraine to fall and if he flooded the country with weapons pre invasion we wouldn't be where we are today.
Ukraine is not our problem. Ukraine can never defend itself from russia if russia truly wants it.

Ukraine is not our problem

You mean that Biden (and all of us) should not be scared of Nuclear Weapons?

That we should do everything to push him to use them because he has no "other choice"?

You consider that to be the "intelligent" thing to do? Go in full blast (showing that we are not scared) and "see what happens"? and if it happens, well so sad so many people (including you and I) got killed but that is just the normal consequences of war and nothing could have been done to prevent it, right? Balls rule the decision making process, because balls is what has to be proven to be strong, right?
If we are going to cower in fear and not go all in to help Ukraine because putin implies he might go nuke, we may as well hand him the keys to all of Europe.

If we are going to cower in fear and not go all in to help Ukraine because putin implies he might go nuke, we may as well hand him the keys to all of Europe.
Let me know when putin gets to europe.

Let's not cross that bridge until then

Putin is turning into Stalin 2.0 and America has an incompetent, indecisive, feckless bumbling old fool career politician as president

In the span of a month Biden's reduced Putin to a pathetic figure, the tinpot dictator of a bumbling third-rate military and a shattered economy, now cowering in fear of his own people. He's playacting as Stalin because he's a cornered rat and almost everyone on earth sees it.

Astonishing (but unsurprising) that the right sees Putin's unraveling as strength and Biden's outmaneuvering of Putin at every turn as "incompetence."

Actually I want to give Ukraine everything it needs to win this war ...

I started a poll thread on that subject but the DP powers that be thought it didn't meet DP's high quality thread standard. :rolleyes:

In the span of a month Biden's reduced Putin to a pathetic figure, the tinpot dictator of a bumbling third-rate military and a shattered economy, now cowering in fear of his own people. He's playacting as Stalin because he's a cornered rat and almost everyone on earth sees it.

Astonishing (but unsurprising) that the right sees Putin's unraveling as strength and Biden's outmaneuvering of Putin at every turn as "incompetence."
You attempt to give Biden credit for Ukraine resistance and fighting spirit and for the entire world being appalled by the invasion. Biden followed on everything except diplomacy to stop the invasion. How'd that work out?

Even Bill Maher couldn't help but notice Putin didn't invade Ukraine until Biden was President.
and the US didn't have covid till Trump was President.

Making a statement about Putin didn't invade Ukraine until Biden was President is meaningless. Much like my statement about covid.

Did I say "cower in fear" at any point? Did I not say, do the intelligent thing carefully?

By the way, YOU did not answer any of the questions that I asked of you. Would you go full blast with your balls showing the way?

You attempt to give Biden credit for Ukraine resistance and fighting spirit and for the entire world being appalled by the invasion. Biden followed on everything except diplomacy to stop the invasion. How'd that work out?

I give him credit for exposing Putin in the run-up to war, systematically dismantling every pre-text for invasion; leveraging that total lack of pre-text to lead the world in bringing an unprecedented economic hammer down on Russia in response to its aggression; and arming the Ukrainians.

Putin badly underestimated his enemies and his public unraveling ("Stalin 2.0") is all the evidence you need.

I give him credit for exposing Putin in the run-up to war, systematically dismantling every pre-text for invasion; leveraging that total lack of pre-text to lead the world in bringing an unprecedented economic hammer down on Russia in response to its aggression; and arming the Ukrainians.

Putin badly underestimated his enemies and his public unraveling ("Stalin 2.0") is all the evidence you need.
Exposing Putin as you put it did nothing to stop his invasion of Ukraine and Putin has exposed himself with that. Biden has done nothing but put all his eggs in the diplomacy basket which was a huge fail.

and the US didn't have covid till Trump was President.

Making a statement about Putin didn't invade Ukraine until Biden was President is meaningless. Much like my statement about covid.
Apples oranges fail.

Did I say "cower in fear" at any point? Did I not say, do the intelligent thing carefully?

By the way, YOU did not answer any of the questions that I asked of you. Would you go full blast with your balls showing the way?
I’ve been very clear about what Biden should have done and should do now that we are in this position because he didn’t do what should have been done. And yes you cower in fear when you make decisions on limiting help to Ukraine based on fear of him going nuke.

Yeah a virus and Putin. Pretty much the same thing. LMAO

true. Covid and Putin have us tired of them being in existence. :ROFLMAO:

Only Putin knows why he picked the time to invade Ukraine.

Putin is turning into Stalin 2.0 and America has an incompetent, indecisive, feckless bumbling old fool career politician as president. I truly hope we survive this perilous period of history and don't end up in WW3 because of our weakness. We are up against a very dangerous man.

"In a speech Thursday, he peppered his remarks with "Stalin-esque" dog whistling and warnings of a "fifth column" of Russian "scum and traitors" working to undermine his ambitions from within, according to a translation of his remarks"

"He called for a "self-purification" to rid Russia of internal war critics"

"The Russian people will always be able to differentiate true patriots from scum and traitors and will simply spit them out like an insect that accidentally flew in and got trapped in your mouth," he continued. "I am confident that a necessary self-cleansing of society will only strengthen our country, our solidarity and readiness to respond to any challenges."

"Putin is calling on the Russian people to root out and expose the traitors and bring them to the attention of government authorities,"

As bad as things are in Ukraine, it's not even close to Stalin in terms of damage done to own people and other nations.

Actually I want to give Ukraine everything it needs to win this war so we never do have to go to war with Russia. Biden has drug his feet on everything and given half hearted military support. If he had made it clear from the beginning that we would not allow Ukraine to fall and if he flooded the country with weapons pre invasion we wouldn't be where we are today.
And where are we today? Putin is stymied and starting to bleed from the orifices. He's had to go hat in hand to China for money. Any day now Ukrainians will start to bring it to him, attack his pipelines and government and military facilities in the Motherland. That'll ratchet up the pressure on Putin at home.
This fiasco couldn't have gone much worse for him no matter what the US did or didn't do.

As bad as things are in Ukraine, it's not even close to Stalin in terms of damage done to own people and other nations.
Stalin manufactured a 'famine' in Ukraine, starving millions in a genocide against a whole class of citizens, independent farmers.
Kulaks, I think they were called.

Putin is just getting started. If he's victorious in Ukraine sky's the limit.

Back
Top Bottom