• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden vacations at Delaware beach house after week of heavy losses

Is that what Tucker tells you?

Starting to see a pattern here. So many things will blow the roof off and then fizzles out.
  • Obama is not a citizen
  • Voter fraud is rampent
  • Arizona audit will prove Trump won
  • Hunter’s laptop will show criminality
  • Durham report will blow open the Clinton, Obama, Biden crime conspiracy
  • Biden is senile
What's so funny is the internal inconsistency. Biden is both a mastermind criminal -- capable of stealing the 2020 election without a trace but also so senile he doesn't know where he is.

You just have to learn, everything the right wing says is projection. PLain and simple. Trump couldn't even speak or hold water, rambled like a lunatic, yet its Biden that is Senile. These people are truly a joke and have no credibility

God I hope they dont. But we are the worlds policeman and have 11 aircraft carrier groups to put to use.
Tell you what, taking on China would be the biggest mistake in the history of the USA, especially over something as trivial as them escalating a squabble over one of their provinces. Taiwan was abandoned by the West when the PRC was recognized by most of the west as the legitimate government of China and replaced Taiwan in the United Nations.
But I reckon I've pretty much exhausted my contribution to this exchange. Cheers.

Chainsaw reminds me of a friend who buys gas at a place like Shell or Chevron and complains how high gas is, when he could drive two blocks down and get it for 60¢ less.
"We are on the verge of a complete communist takeover."
Hell's going on when people not only think like that, they trumpet it to the world? I picture wild eyes, wet chin and uncontrollable trembling.

The fact that they have Barrack Obama - who accomplished next to nothing - in the top 10, shows how stupidly biased that is.
Interest you say Obama " who accomplished next to nothing " took over a deep recession from Bush II where the Unemployment rate went up to 10.1% in Sept. 2009 and was 4.6% when Trump took over a drop of 5.5%
and that was with the Republicans in Congress doing everything they could to make him a one term President then when he was reelected they tried to make him look as bad as Bush II was
You do remember McConnell swearing that he and every Republican in Congress would do EVERYTHING they could to make sure Obama would be a one term President
So maybe IF McConnell and the Republicans HAD worked with Obama and had put the WELFARE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE a head of POLITICS the recovery from the Recession would have been a lot stronger and we would have fully recovered from it a lot faster
But NO they didn't , McConnell and the Republican put politics a head of the welfare of the American people . they didn't give a dang how bad things got and some of them were hoping they would get worse so they could say hay look at what a mess Obama made
So go back and look at just what McConnell and the Republicans were doing back then
IT wasn't for the good and welfare of the American people
Have a nice afternoon

Or, it could be that cities and states had to be shutdown prior to having a vaccine, and now that vaccines are widely available, we don't need to take such drastic steps.
some people are just too stupid to be able to step back and see what happened to effect things
Have a nice day

Next to nothing? I suppose insurance for 1/4 of the country that was uninsured is next to nothing in your opinion, but for the rest of us it was a big something.
and ClareD that was with McConnell and the Republicans swearing NOT to work with him at all and to do EVERYTHING they could to make him a one term President
The Republicans don't give a s--t about the Health and WELFARE of the American people haven't for years
all they want to do is try to get complete control of the US government and see how far they can run it into the ground and see if the next Dem can bring it back like they always do
Have a nice afternoon

Trump golfing: 298 days out of 1,456 days, for 1 in 4.8 days golfing.

Nobody cares if Biden takes a few days off.

Interest you say Obama " who accomplished next to nothing " took over a deep recession from Bush II where the Unemployment rate went up to 10.1% in Sept. 2009 and was 4.6% when Trump took over a drop of 5.5%
and that was with the Republicans in Congress doing everything they could to make him a one term President then when he was reelected they tried to make him look as bad as Bush II was
You do remember McConnell swearing that he and every Republican in Congress would do EVERYTHING they could to make sure Obama would be a one term President
So maybe IF McConnell and the Republicans HAD worked with Obama and had put the WELFARE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE a head of POLITICS the recovery from the Recession would have been a lot stronger and we would have fully recovered from it a lot faster
But NO they didn't , McConnell and the Republican put politics a head of the welfare of the American people . they didn't give a dang how bad things got and some of them were hoping they would get worse so they could say hay look at what a mess Obama made
So go back and look at just what McConnell and the Republicans were doing back then
Have a nice afternoon

it's pointless, these people don't care about facts. Debt fairs better under democrats, economy fairs better under democrats. Twice in the past 20 years a republican tanked the economy, created a disasters, and democrats had to come clean it up. But these people don't care about facts, that's clear

And of course, they don't mention the massive debt that was used to accomplish keeping the Obama economy going.\
Economists would tell you there are very few ways of getting out of a deep recession / depression and one of them is a war as bad as WWII and another one is spend your way out
I would rather spend our way out instead of war
and as for the Debt I have to ask are you one of the people on the right that keep repeating the LIE that Obama " Doubled " the debt?
well looking back over the last 50 years there are ONLY two Presidents to double the debt both were Republicans
Reagan almost TRIPLED it and G. W Bush doubled it
Obama didn't double it
and Trump spent almost as much in FOUR years as Obama did in EIGHT
just think of how much he would have spent if he had another four years
Have a nice day

I was shocked to learn Trump actually charged the secret service to use the golf carts. And of course hiking the rates of rooms at his properties.
I wasn't....from the beginning he charged them rent to protect Melania and his kid in Trump tower...and no one told them to stay at Trump tower for several months after he became president.

Trump golfing: 298 days out of 1,456 days, for 1 in 4.8 days golfing.

Nobody cares if Biden takes a few days off.
Biden is taking more time off than even Trump did. Two lazy peas in a pod.

Economists would tell you there are very few ways of getting out of a deep recession / depression and one of them is a war as bad as WWII and another one is spend your way out
I would rather spend our way out instead of war
and as for the Debt I have to ask are you one of the people on the right that keep repeating the LIE that Obama " Doubled " the debt?
well looking back over the last 50 years there are ONLY two Presidents to double the debt both were Republicans
Reagan almost TRIPLED it and G. W Bush doubled it
Obama didn't double it
and Trump spent almost as much in FOUR years as Obama did in EIGHT
just think of how much he would have spent if he had another four years
Have a nice day
Yes, that is one way. HOWEVER, if you look at the economy that Trump inherited from Obama, we were not in a deep recession/depression, and we were in the condition to try to reduce the debt (something the republican congress resisted the last two years of the obama admin).
A large part was 'let's give the ultra wealthy tax breaks'.

The President has spent more weekends away from the White House than he has stayed there, almost three times as many. Counting this Memorial Day weekend, Biden has been in Wilmington nine weekends and passed five weekends at the presidential retreat, Camp David, in rural Maryland. The numbers far exceed any modern president's weekends off-campus at this point in his tenure.

It's pretty well known...

Yes, that is one way. HOWEVER, if you look at the economy that Trump inherited from Obama, we were not in a deep recession/depression, and we were in the condition to try to reduce the debt (something the republican congress resisted the last two years of the obama admin).
A large part was 'let's give the ultra wealthy tax breaks'.
That was part of my point
Trump didn't have a recession /depression to deal with like Obama did and Obama had McConnell and just about every Republican in Congress doing everything they could to make him look bad and become a one term President
They didn't and still don't give a dang about the health and welfare of the American people they are all politics screw the American people as long as they get what they want.
Obama took unemployment from 10.1 % in Sept 2009 to 4.6% when he left a 5,5% drop
Trump took it down about 1 % more before Colvid where it went up again and Biden has to deal with another mess Trump left.
as I said Trump spent almost as much in 4 years as Obama did in 8 years
Have a nice day

20%2B00024.jpg

Biden is taking more time off than even Trump did. Two lazy peas in a pod.

It's pretty well known...

In the same article you linked to... Camp David is the weekend white house...

"...Since taking office four months ago, the President has spent more weekends away from the White House than he has stayed there, almost three times as many. Counting this Memorial Day weekend, Biden has been in Wilmington nine weekends and passed five weekends at the presidential retreat, Camp David, in rural Maryland. The numbers far exceed any modern president's weekends off-campus at this point in his tenure.
More recently, Donald Trump would get away at his private Palm Beach, Florida, club, taking about eight leisure weekends from the White House by the same point in his presidency that Biden is at now. Barack Obama was an early fan of weekends with his family at Camp David, going approximately a half-dozen times in his first four months in office.
Visiting retreats or second homes, most of which were personal touchpoints for a president, doesn't make a commander in chief immune to the demands of the job. "He's always working, no matter where he is," said one administration official of Biden's habits, noting he spends a good deal of time on the weekend prepping for the week ahead, or thinking on larger ideological conundrums. "He is by no means 'checked out' just because he isn't in the Oval (Office.)"
"You know, I don't know what I ever expected it to be," Biden said during the town hall about actually residing in the White House. "I said when I was running, I wanted to be President not to live in the White House but to be able to make the decisions about the future of the country. And so living in the White House, as you've heard other presidents who have been extremely flattered to live there, has -- it's a little like a gilded cage in terms of being able to walk outside and do things."

Feb 3, 2019
51500995983_8fcc0b46cd_b.jpg

October 29, 2018 :
"...Trump’s work activity also reflects much more time spent on the performative aspects of the job, like signing ceremonies and media interviews, than on the actual work of policymaking.

A bulk of the president’s time last week was spent traveling to and from political rallies and campaigning on behalf of Republican candidates ahead of next Tuesday's midterm elections. On Wednesday, which began with an 11:30 a.m. meeting with John Kelly, Trump delivered brief remarks on the opioid crisis and sat for a media interview before departing for an evening rally in Wisconsin. The rest of his day, according to his schedule, was open.

Last week’s schedules are remarkably light on policy discussions.
The president spent a little more than two hours of his week in policy briefings, according to the schedules, and he was scheduled to receive the President’s Daily Brief on just two of the five days reviewed...."

Last edited:
"Nero fiddled while Rome burned".

Maybe we should start calling him president Nero.

"According to a well-known expression, Rome’s emperor at the time, the decadent and unpopular Nero, “fiddled while Rome burned.” The expression has a double meaning: Not only did Nero play music while his people suffered, but he was an ineffectual leader in a time of crisis.

Did Nero Really Fiddle While Rome Burned? - HISTORY

President Biden took major hits this week, from the Pentagon confirming that a "tragic mistake" led to 10 civilians in Afghanistan dying in a drone strike, to the Food and Drug Administration rejecting his vaccine booster proposal, with much of the news breaking as the president headed to the beach for vacation

FDA panel rejects booster shots for general public as pushed by White House​

An FDA panel rejected distributing booster shots to the general public, but recommended Pfizer’s booster for high-risk people aged 65 and older after the Biden administration pushed to roll out a booster shot campaign on Sept. 20.

France recalls ambassador after submarine deal​

In another foreign policy hit, France pulled its ambassador to the U.S. from Washington, D.C., following the announcement of a pact between Australia, the U.S. and the U.K. to give Australia nuclear-powered submarines in what is seen as an effort to counter China.

Be consistent in your outrage. How many days was Trump golfing?? Hypocrite!

"Nero fiddled while Rome burned".

Maybe we should start calling him president Nero.

"According to a well-known expression, Rome’s emperor at the time, the decadent and unpopular Nero, “fiddled while Rome burned.” The expression has a double meaning: Not only did Nero play music while his people suffered, but he was an ineffectual leader in a time of crisis.

Did Nero Really Fiddle While Rome Burned? - HISTORY

President Biden took major hits this week, from the Pentagon confirming that a "tragic mistake" led to 10 civilians in Afghanistan dying in a drone strike, to the Food and Drug Administration rejecting his vaccine booster proposal, with much of the news breaking as the president headed to the beach for vacation

FDA panel rejects booster shots for general public as pushed by White House​

An FDA panel rejected distributing booster shots to the general public, but recommended Pfizer’s booster for high-risk people aged 65 and older after the Biden administration pushed to roll out a booster shot campaign on Sept. 20.

France recalls ambassador after submarine deal​

In another foreign policy hit, France pulled its ambassador to the U.S. from Washington, D.C., following the announcement of a pact between Australia, the U.S. and the U.K. to give Australia nuclear-powered submarines in what is seen as an effort to counter China.

Be consistent in your outrage. How many days was Trump golfing?? Hypocrite!

Trump’s presidency ends where so much of it was spent: A Trump Organization property
By Philip Bump
National correspondent
January 20, 2021 at 10:12 a.m. EST

"...Were he elected, Trump promised, he’d be “working for you,” as he said that August. “I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”
It took two weeks for President Trump to find the time.
  • He was president for 418 weekend days. He visited one of his properties on 240 of those days, or on 57 percent of them.
  • Trump probably played 261 rounds of golf as president. This is just an estimate because, unlike Obama, his team often wouldn’t report whether he was playing golf .. If accurate, though, that’s a round every 5.6 days. By contrast, Obama played 333 rounds of golf — over twice as many years. That’s about once every 8.8 days.
  • Trump spent the most time at Mar-a-Lago. He was there for all or part of 142 days of his presidency over 32 visits. He was at his private club in Bedminster, N.J., on 106 days, the same number as the visits he paid to Sterling.
  • The course where Trump played the second-most rounds was Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Fla., a short drive from Mar-a-Lago. He played there an estimated 87 times.
  • As president, he visited 14 Trump properties in seven states, the District of Columbia and three countries, including Scotland and Ireland. He only played two rounds of golf that weren’t at Trump properties;...

• The amount of government money spent shuttling Trump ..and then spent at the properties remains a bit murky. We know that Trump’s first four trips to Mar-a-Lago cost about $14 million, mostly in the costs of operating the aircraft necessary for the trip. If we assume that each trip to the resort costs about $3.4 million, that’s $109 million just for the Mar-a-Lago trips alone.
  • ...Post reported in October that the government had been billed about $2.5 million by Trump properties since he had taken office.

Have a nice afternoon
Obama had a supermajority. He had every opportunity to turn the economy around, he helped the rich, then supported a highly-partisan healthcare bill that sank his own party. He has only himself to blame for his legacy.

My ACA coverage is fantastic. I pay 50 bucks a month for my coverage, no deductibles and max payout is 1500 bucks...so, tell me how is your insurance?
You're welcome.

My insurance is much worse post Obama, and I also have to pay for your insurance. My sister had Obamacare and dropped it because it's pretty worthless unless you're being subsidized by your neighbors.

Obama had a supermajority. He had every opportunity to turn the economy around, he helped the rich, then supported a highly-partisan healthcare bill that sank his own party. He has only himself to blame for his legacy.
Really?
lets see
A super majority vote requires 67 votes. In the 435-member House of Representatives, a simple majority is 218 votes and a 2/3 super majority requires 290 votes.
HE did have a MAJORITY in the 2009 to 2011 Congress BUT NOT a super Majority
he had 57 Senators it takes 60 to have a Super Majority and he had 256 Congressmen and it takes 283 ( 65% of the House ) for a super Majority
so just like when Trump had his majority in Congress sometimes he needed a Super Majority and IF the Dems held out he couldn't get what he wanted
ex Trump could have got 28 Billion dollars for his wall IF only McConnell and the Republicans would have worked with the Dems on the "Birther " issue they didn't and that issue still hasn't been addressed as of today

MY point was Obama took over when we were in a DEEP recession and instead of working with him McConnell and the Republicans swore to do EVERYTHING they could do to make him a " ONE TERM President " and they did.
The Republicans didn't give a dang about the people of the US or what shape AMERICA was in. they were playing politics and doing everything they could to make Obama look bad
AND some of them like McConnell were hoping the economy and things in the US would get worse so they could say LOOK at what Obama did
and IF they had worked with Obama the recovery would have been shorter and more robust.
and as for the ACA it is funny how some Republican Senators were telling the people of their states don't worry there are state programs that do the same thing you don't need the ACA
Like McConnell was telling the People of KY that their State Kynect health care did the same as the ACA and they didn't need the ACA when in fact he was right it did the same as the ACA did BECAUSE IT WAS THE ACA
and what happened to all the GREAT plans the Republicans kept saying they had
What happened to Trump's and the Republican's Repeal and replace plan?
They never repealed the ACA all they did was GUT it and never replaced it, they said they were going to replace it with something better and cheaper then the ACA
what happened?
Where is it
Just more lies from Trump and the Republicans
Have a nice night

You're welcome.

My insurance is much worse post Obama, and I also have to pay for your insurance. My sister had Obamacare and dropped it because it's pretty worthless unless you're being subsidized by your neighbors.
and YOU have got the REPUBLICANS to thank for that not Obama they were the ones that gutted it
as I asked before what happened to " REPEAL AND REPLACE"
repeal the ACA and replace it with something better and cheaperso where is it?
have a nice night

Sorry but
golfing, vacationing in Hawaii, fishing in Crawford, hanging out in Delaware, all of it can be done while running a country. Dang, I am not Trump, Obama, Bush or Biden, but I surely can welcome information and make decisions while doing just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom