• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Using Ukraine to Wag the Dog

If someone tried to create an example of "projection" in real life, that post would do nicely. Also, "gaslighting." Putin invades Ukraine, and it's those resisting that invasion who are engaged in "totalitarian conquest."
Nope, you people have helped to engineer crises elsewhere to suit your crooked agendas. Putin invaded, and that was wrong - but NATO expansion pushed him into it. You've put Neo-Cons on your payroll - same people who illegally invaded Iraq - and have made them into allies.

Trump just jammed through 3 SC picks.
Trump never told anybody to die or retire. Trump never told Ginsberg to die. The openings emerged naturally, as they should. Goddamn Dems put out billboards demanding Breyer retire, so that they could swap in their own sockpuppet onto the court, like a ****ing game.
"She's been a federal judge for a long time!" you all bleated to me. Big ****ing deal -- she's got no distinguished career of jurisprudence -- next you'll tell me that being a federal employee for a long time is the best qualification for being put on SCOTUS. :rolleyes:

You just want a puppet on the court who'll do your bidding. You don't even want a constitutional republic anymore -- you're deteriorating into fascism, and eventually you'll just want to rule by fiat.

One by the GOP delaying any vote for a year until Trump was inaugurated, the third was rushed through in the last possible days before Trump lost an election, and it's Democrats "nakedly packing" the SC by....not having named anyone for several years. You might as well be telling us black is really white.
You're the ones who decided to go after the judiciary first -- your buddy Harry Reid did, by removing the two-thirds majority for approving federal judges, so that you could just plant your own handpicked people in by brute force. You should have never taken things there in the first place. The rest is on you.

I thought Trump was the one with his hand on the American tail.

Biden is a senile figurehead. Watch him speak. Watch his handlers hustle him away from every appearance, so that journalists can no longer ask questions for him to answer. That's normal? This is your new standard for democracy? You didn't like when Trump sparred with the media, but at least he was there to take questions. Hell, if Trump had behaved like Biden now does in walking away so that people can't ask questions, then you'd be calling him every name in the book. And Jim Acosta's career would be nowhere.
Make up your mind. Is he a senile figurehead or is he stage-managing foreign policy and international relations?
You just beak off whatever comes into your head. Doesn't matter what it is, everything you see or hear has to be twisted like a balloon animal into an anti-Biden diatribe. None of it makes any sense. How on earth do you think Biden is using the Ukranian war? Is he directing the news media to focus on it? What a dumbass concept. The whole world is watching Ukraine and you think It's all about Biden's ratings.

Make up your mind. Is he a senile figurehead or is he stage-managing foreign policy and international relations?
You just beak off whatever comes into your head. Doesn't matter what it is, everything you see or hear has to be twisted like a balloon animal into an anti-Biden diatribe. None of it makes any sense. How on earth do you think Biden is using the Ukranian war? Is he directing the news media to focus on it? What a dumbass concept. The whole world is watching Ukraine and you think It's all about Biden's ratings.
Biden admin is not one guy. There are plenty of powers behind the throne, which is why a senile figurehead is preferred, to allow the puppetmasters more freedom of action. You can see the senile figurehead being bundled off by his handlers and hustled away from any public appearances, in order to minimize his interaction with the media, since the senile guy can't handle questioning very well. He snaps and loses his temper easily, like a cranky old man. When do you see the guy naturally and fluidly interacting with the media anymore, like all presidents before him had to do? This is democracy? Your bar seems to have now been artificially lowered.

These are the depths that this administration has fallen to. Talk about being predatory parasites feeding on tragedy.

At least they arent trying to foment illegal mob attacks on the Capitol to stop the democratic process or inventing huge, baseless lies about fraudulent elections.

There's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go down before reaching those depths.

They're not only inept, but engaging in such overreach to please their diverse coalition of interest groups, that they're of course wrecking their standing with the public in general.
They'd already stoked inflation through their chequebook policymaking, and now hope to lay the blame for it all on Putin. Their cutoff of Russian oil is now being used to peddle their new narrative that inflation has started due to Ukraine crisis -- as if inflation wasn't already the most severe it's been in a half-century. :rolleyes:
And you actually believe that?

Biden is using the Ukraine invasion to help him Wag the Dog. He's using the Ukraine war to shift the headlines …
Putin’s illegal invasion into Ukraine is, for very good reason, the most significant current event and therefore is the most reported on, worldwide.

If you want to hear/read more about the American economy, there are still plenty of reporters covering that as well.

If you want the American economy to move back to the top of every news report, tell your pal Putin to stop killing innocent Ukrainians, and get the **** out of their country, okay?

Biden is using the Ukraine invasion to help him Wag the Dog. He's using the Ukraine war to shift the headlines away from his mismanagement at home, and to find a new excuse for the rampant inflation his policies have caused.

Biden & Democrats also intend to build up the Putin bogeyman as their strategy to defeat Trump in the next presidential elections.

They are literally stage-managing foreign policy & international relations with solely their electoral goals in mind.

They crazily think they can milk this war to help themselves get re-elected. These are the depths that this administration has fallen to. Talk about being predatory parasites feeding on tragedy.
Watch out for the microscopic pladula. It will kill you in an instant. And then maybe brogovuch for dinner? Blue suede tire irons cracking yo ass up and down the highway. Ohhhhhhh...rockin' down the highway. Green slime eggs and doobies. Conwrentcha? Cabludo blob? Creamation excretion.

Cron agula farkin!!!! Yeah

Biden is a senile figurehead. Watch him speak.

He's had a lifelong stutter and it's amazing he speaks so well. It takes a lot of courage to go into public life, when stress makes stuttering even worse, harder to control.

Certainly more coherent than this:

”But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done." Donald Trump

"It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that." Donald Trump

He's had a lifelong stutter and it's amazing he speaks so well. It takes a lot of courage to go into public life, when stress makes stuttering even worse, harder to control.

Certainly more coherent than this:

”But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done." Donald Trump

"It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that." Donald Trump
Hell yeah. Trump and sanman speak the same language

Biden and his fellow Democrats have been the ones to impose the job-killing shutdowns. Then you want to refer to recovery from that as record job growth??
This is like starving someone to become emaciated, and then after they gain weight by eating normally again, you proudly say "wow, your muscles have grown much bigger thanks to me!" :rolleyes:
That's retarded.
As we approach one million dead, leading the COVID league or close to it, the shutdown seems to have made sense. Why not give him credit? Trumpistas gave him credit for a growing economy that awakened in Bush’s last year and continued through Obama. But name Biden’s domestic screw-ups

As we approach one million dead, leading the COVID league or close to it, the shutdown seems to have made sense. Why not give him credit? Trumpistas gave him credit for a growing economy that awakened in Bush’s last year and continued through Obama. But name Biden’s domestic screw-ups
GDP growth was anemic under Obama. Did you see Obama taking any particular steps to help the economy do better? I used to watch for that all the time back then, and the most I saw him do was say "the old days of higher growth were no longer possible," so we had to reduce our expectations - and that's the same message I saw coming back during Biden's term. How would that make the economy do better?
Obama had no ideas whatsoever for improving the economy, in contrast to the aggressive action Trump took to deregulate and unfetter the US economy.

Last edited:
We could do more but I can respect that you feel that we should not.

Thank you.
I honestly wish we could go in guns blazing but the risk of nuclear war is just unthinkable and would cripple the whole world.

This is an area where both sides' opinions are valid and should be respected as there is no easy option here.

I think it's crazy for NATO countries to escalate this war by supplying weapons. This could lead to a Russian response against said countries.

Does Poland have the right to drag everyone else into war?

Russia is the world's largest nuclear power, having the largest nuclear arsenal, with over 6,400 nuclear weapons. It is absolutely wrong to play a game of chicken with them.
We don't need to have another Cuban Missile Crisis or worse.

Russia vs. NATO and then the US gets involved.

Putin doesn't want that .

Thank you.
I honestly wish we could go in guns blazing but the risk of nuclear war is just unthinkable and would cripple the whole world.

This is an area where both sides' opinions are valid and should be respected as there is no easy option here.
I'm not sure what I would do if I were in charge. One thing I have considered is put Russia on notice that if they do not withdraw not only will we arm the Ukraines to fight back but we will also help Crimea liberate themselves as well.

What I think is missing is the threat to Russia that if they don't stop they end up in a place where they have less than they had before.

the OP spreads massive amounts of Russian propaganda and then starts this thread.

makes sense to me.

Nope, you people have helped to engineer crises elsewhere to suit your crooked agendas. Putin invaded, and that was wrong - but NATO expansion pushed him into it. You've put Neo-Cons on your payroll - same people who illegally invaded Iraq - and have made them into allies.
Same argument: "It's her fault for walking alone at night. She made him rape her!!"

Idiotic in both cases.
Trump never told anybody to die or retire. Trump never told Ginsberg to die. The openings emerged naturally, as they should. Goddamn Dems put out billboards demanding Breyer retire, so that they could swap in their own sockpuppet onto the court, like a ****ing game.
"She's been a federal judge for a long time!" you all bleated to me. Big ****ing deal -- she's got no distinguished career of jurisprudence -- next you'll tell me that being a federal employee for a long time is the best qualification for being put on SCOTUS. :rolleyes:

You just want a puppet on the court who'll do your bidding. You don't even want a constitutional republic anymore -- you're deteriorating into fascism, and eventually you'll just want to rule by fiat.
That's so dumb it's painful. No one putting up a billboard has ANY leverage to make Breyer retire. No one does. Someone expressed their opinion, which last time I checked is a right in this free country, and of course you bitch and whine about that. Seriously, that's the dumbest argument I've seen all week.

No one gives a shit whether you approve of the Democratic nominee. Everyone Trump nominated kissed the rings of the big dogs in the Federalist Society. Do you really think they're on that list because the plutocrats on the right want independent voices on the court? LMMFAO. If you do, seek help.

And the stuff about "fascism" is just more projection. You can't know what the word means if you're accusing the Democrats of "fascism" for nominating and approving federal judges. Nor have you identified any effort to abolish the "constitutional republic." Is your MAGA buddies who attempted to overthrow the government and install your hero and Dear Leader for another term.

You're the ones who decided to go after the judiciary first -- your buddy Harry Reid did, by removing the two-thirds majority for approving federal judges, so that you could just plant your own handpicked people in by brute force. You should have never taken things there in the first place. The rest is on you.
There was a reason for that, but I know it's a waste of time to get into it with you. I will mention that a majority vote in the Senate isn't FASCISM!!!!@! A majority vote also isn't an example of "brute force." It's the normal course of business in Congress. What you object to is Democrats actually nominating and getting anyone on the court. Boo hoo. Have some warm milk.

GDP growth was anemic under Obama.
LOL. That might work on a Hannity forum, but some of us aren't idiots and can look that up. Here's a graph of real GDP growth over a period of years that includes the Obama and Trump years. Do us a favor and mark the change in administrations..... 🥴

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 7.43.09 PM.png

Did you see Obama taking any particular steps to help the economy do better? I used to watch for that all the time back then, and the most I saw him do was say "the old days of higher growth were no longer possible," so we had to reduce our expectations - and that's the same message I saw coming back during Biden's term. How would that make the economy do better?
Obama had no ideas whatsoever for improving the economy, in contrast to the aggressive action Trump took to deregulate and unfetter the US economy.
Trump took over an economy with a modern record stretch of jobs and GDP growth. How ****ing hard is that to manage?

LOL. That might work on a Hannity forum, but some of us aren't idiots and can look that up. Here's a graph of real GDP growth over a period of years that includes the Obama and Trump years. Do us a favor and mark the change in administrations..... 🥴

View attachment 67379151

Trump took over an economy with a modern record stretch of jobs and GDP growth. How ****ing hard is that to manage?

What garbage - I don't know who your source is -- but next you'll be claiming the Jimmy Carter years were economically fabulous, and that Reagan took over a prosperous economy from Carter.
I think most of us who lived through those years remember the continually lousy news - and those were MSM saying that.

If Carter and Obama had been economically successful, then Reagan and Trump wouldn't have been elected.

I remember the first time I felt really disappointed in Obama -- and that was during his original interview with 60 Minutes, when he was asked a question on his plans for the economy, and his answer was so stupid that I immediately felt let down.

GDP growth was anemic under Obama. Did you see Obama taking any particular steps to help the economy do better? I used to watch for that all the time back then, and the most I saw him do was say "the old days of higher growth were no longer possible," so we had to reduce our expectations - and that's the same message I saw coming back during Biden's term. How would that make the economy do better?
Baloney. We had growth through Obama’s and Trump’s time til the pandemic slowed things down. Job growth and economic growth was the same or greater under both.

And Obama, who inherited a war fought off the books, presided over decreased deficits 7 of 8 years. And fulfilled a promise that I believe dated from Truman’s time: health care, now just about an irreversible pert of US society.

Biden is using the Ukraine invasion to help him Wag the Dog. He's using the Ukraine war to shift the headlines away from his mismanagement at home, and to find a new excuse for the rampant inflation his policies have caused.

Biden & Democrats also intend to build up the Putin bogeyman as their strategy to defeat Trump in the next presidential elections.

They are literally stage-managing foreign policy & international relations with solely their electoral goals in mind.

They crazily think they can milk this war to help themselves get re-elected. These are the depths that this administration has fallen to. Talk about being predatory parasites feeding on tragedy.
and mind you, almost the entire world is helping him.

I'm not saying it'll work -- I'm saying that the amateur idiots in Whitehouse are desperate enough that they're stooping to such stunts.

Btw - if you think the people in the Biden admin are so smart - did you see Blinken's nutty response in his latest TV interview?
Interviewer asked Blinken a very important question: Was he okay with Poland giving its own Mig-29 jet fighters to Ukraine to use in combat against Russian forces?
Blinken said, sure it's totally fine, they're giving a green light on that.
The PENTAGON IMMEDIATELY scrambled to put out their own clarification that no such thing would be allowed.

What kind of ****ing dumbass is Blinken to not understand that talk like that could lead to WW3?
The amateur idiot is not in the WH anymore. Biden, whatever you may think of him, is not an amateur. Old, feeble, perhaps, but not an amateur.

Actually the OP is very real. Americans screwed up bigly putting Mr Dementia at the helm.
Better than the other option.

Biden is using the Ukraine invasion to help him Wag the Dog.

Yeah that must be it, Vlad's not threatening the world, it's all just Biden's show.
There are eleven million people in Ukraine who have relatives living IN Russia, who are having telephone conversations where their Russian relatives
simply do not believe that Ukraine is under attack.
Vladimir Putin has erased all independent media, so these Russian relatives are being spoon fed a narrative that runs counter to the facts.

You? You don't have that excuse...you're just a Fox News viewer who can't come up with any original thought whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom