• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden uses defense act to address chip shortage

99percenter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

Someone better to something about this damn chip shortage. I am in the market for a new car, but all the dealers are asking for more than sticker price for almost all vehicles.

Someone better to something about this damn chip shortage. I am in the market for a new car, but all the dealers are asking for more than sticker price for almost all vehicles.
I don't have a problem with Biden's puppet masters doing this, but I do have a problem with you, 99percenter, for saying something in your thread title that is not supported by the news link you provide.

Try to do better, eh?

This IMO is silly. They are asking U.S. companies to educate them about bottlenecks that exist in Asia. Ridiculous. What is Ford going to tell them? “We tried buying more chips but were told that semi fab lines are booked.” That’s real actionable data, sure.

If they want to understand and address this issue, they need to put some people on a plane to Taipei.

For some reason the car lots in Calgary are pretty full. Prices are not above Mrsp here

A "Manhattan Project" for better chip technologies at lower cost!

For some reason the car lots in Calgary are pretty full. Prices are not above Mrsp here
lucky you. The chip shortage had to happen when I need a new car. FML. First world problems i guess.

lucky you. The chip shortage had to happen when I need a new car. FML. First world problems i guess.
Go to Canada buy a car and import it back to the US, get a digital dash so you can have MPH rather than KPH as the main speedo reading

A "Manhattan Project" for better chip technologies at lower cost!
A chip plant takes a couple of years to build. The most advanced cost approx $10 billion

The best chip engineers right now are in Taiwan. One reason Intel is having difficulty competing with TSMC and Samsung in reducing node size

A chip plant takes a couple of years to build. The most advanced cost approx $10 billion

The best chip engineers right now are in Taiwan. One reason Intel is having difficulty competing with TSMC and Samsung in reducing node size
Fixing Standards for the Union would include infrastructure upgrades that can provide sufficient returns to scale.

Why not lease a car until you establish a petty cash fund for a new car.
I have a car. 2015 CRV which I am really trying to ditch. Worst car I ever purchased. I will hold on to it until everything returns to normal

I have a car. 2015 CRV which I am really trying to ditch. Worst car I ever purchased. I will hold on to it until everything returns to normal

Worst as in lots of breakdowns or worst as in you don’t like most things about it?

Worst as in lots of breakdowns or worst as in you don’t like most things about it?
That was the first year they added a cvt engine. The car shakes a lot during idle. Honda never had a real solution for that.

That was the first year they added a cvt engine. The car shakes a lot during idle. Honda never had a real solution for that.

Ah ok

My wife has a 2017 Honda Accord with a CTV transmission. No problems with that, just a few quality issues. The backup camera had to be replaced and the hand operated parking break became loose which required a rear calliper to be replaced

Hopefully, you will find a good deal somewhere and be able to use the value of your current car for trade-in purposes.

Trade it in for a lightly used Ford Escape at Carmax until the new car market clears up.

I have decided to get a bigger SUV for my next car as my family is growing. Preferably one with a third row with room. I looked at the highlander but there is barely enough space to put your feet in the third row.

I have decided to get a bigger SUV for my next car as my family is growing. Preferably one with a third row with room. I looked at the highlander but there is barely enough space to put your feet in the third row.

If you really need a third row get a minivan. The third row is far more usable in them

Back
Top Bottom