• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden uses call with Xi to lay out consequences for China if it supports Russia attack on Ukraine

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It looks like Putin is gonna pay a HUGE economic price for murdering teachers and dentists and small business owners.

"We have that concern," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. "The President detailed what the implications and consequences would be if China provides material support to Russia as it conducts brutal attacks against Ukrainian cities and civilians. And that is something we'll be watching and the world will be watching."

Senior administration officials described the call as "direct," "substantive" and "detailed," but would not offer many details about the lengthy conversation. The bulk of the leaders' discussion centered on the war in Ukraine and the implications the crisis would have for US-China relations and the "international order," an official said. But the administration refused to publicly detail what those consequences would be."

It looks like Putin is gonna pay a HUGE economic price for murdering teachers and dentists and small business owners.

"We have that concern," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. "The President detailed what the implications and consequences would be if China provides material support to Russia as it conducts brutal attacks against Ukrainian cities and civilians. And that is something we'll be watching and the world will be watching."

Senior administration officials described the call as "direct," "substantive" and "detailed," but would not offer many details about the lengthy conversation. The bulk of the leaders' discussion centered on the war in Ukraine and the implications the crisis would have for US-China relations and the "international order," an official said. But the administration refused to publicly detail what those consequences would be."

Too bad the media won't tell the public what those implications and consequences are.

I guess the Biden pukes don't think we need to know that. (Or maybe they want to be able to cover their asses when things inevitably go south on them.)

Too bad the media won't tell the public what those implications and consequences are.

I guess the Biden pukes don't think we need to know that. (Or maybe they want to be able to cover their asses when things inevitably go south on them.)
Or maybe they want to maintain operational security

Duh

Too bad the media won't tell the public what those implications and consequences are. I guess the Biden pukes don't think we need to know that. (Or maybe they want to be able to cover their asses when things inevitably go south on them.)

This is a weighty comment. If Mycroft was someone who only ever posted pro-Trump/anti-left bumper stickers, and made sure to do it in the first few posting slots, we could make a reasonable guess that this latest post in slot #2 is stupid partisan bullshit. And then, if he used terms like "Biden pukes" in most of his posts, we could be even more sure of it.

Hey waiiiiit a minute. I think I've seen this movie before.

I'm sorry it bothers you that Biden actually does things strategically, unlike your God, who just makes a bunch of stupid belligerent noise, does nothing, and then claims victory. But really, we have had enough of these tireless bumper sticker posts.

Righties like a loud mouth, bully, braggart, baffon like our previous president.

I like Biden's behind the scenes effectiveness. It is not necessary to advertise to the whole world what our plans are.

Of course advertising our invasion plans months in advance are politically advantageous. Worked great for dick and jr.

That's because we have a real president running things instead of some whack-job reality tv personality.

The US can’t really *threaten* China.

What are we going to do? Stop trading with them? 🙄😂

That’s a much different relationship than Russia.

I'm absolutely certain all the pukes think you don't need to know anything. About anything.

Righties like a loud mouth, bully, braggart, baffon like our previous president.

I like Biden's behind the scenes effectiveness. It is not necessary to advertise to the whole world what our plans are.
BRAVO!!!!!!!

How so? There’s no evidence that the genocidal Chinese regime particularly cares what Biden thinks.

The US can’t really *threaten* China.

What are we going to do? Stop trading with them? 🙄😂

That’s a much different relationship than Russia.

Sure would be nice to quit trading with the communist red Chinese.

Was it a wise decision to become so dependent for manufactured goods from a country that has been an enemy of America my entire life?

Too bad our corporations put short term profits ahead of the security of our nation and quality jobs for American workers.

Yep. Cutting off business affects everyone. Never said it didn't. Who is better suited to adapt? I'd say the West.

Xi is not going to side with a global pariah. Putin needs a new cold war. Xi doesn't need nor want one.

How so? There’s no evidence that the genocidal Chinese regime particularly cares what Biden thinks.
And you also have no evidence that Biden's tactics won't work.

And you also have no evidence that Biden's tactics won't work.

Wishful thinking is not a tactic.

China knows the longer the war drags on and the more obsessed Americans get with Putin, the better for their own plans.

Yep. Cutting off business affects everyone. Never said it didn't. Who is better suited to adapt? I'd say the West.

Xi is not going to side with a global pariah. Putin needs a new cold war. Xi doesn't need nor want one.
Xi is going to side with Xi.

China isn't going to get involved directly in the Russia/Ukraine war any more than the US is.
China is building a financial dynasty around the globe.

What's Joe gonna do, escalate the trade war? Increase the tariffs?

Xi is going to side with Xi.

China isn't going to get involved directly in the Russia/Ukraine war any more than the US is.
China is building a financial dynasty around the globe.
Not sure what your point is. Yes, this is true, which is why the West has leverage.

Xi gains nothing by supplying Putin. He loses a lot.

What's Joe gonna
We don't know. He's not tweeting about it.

Btw, do you know about all the covert stuff that happens internationally. If you do list it all so we can figure out what could happen.

Back
Top Bottom