• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden US kicks off - will replace 645,000 cars.

The Scottish part of UK already generate the equivalent of 97% of its electricity demand from renewables in 2020.

Yes. That's electricity demand. When you start making the claim they did, they are speaking of transportation also. That is quite the infrastructure upgrades they will have to do, besides maybe twice as much power generation.

Yes, I have even suggested this myself, that hydrogen can use existing natural gas lines. I might even be plug-n-play, but I suspect parts of the home owners equipment will need modifications.

UK will also ban new sales of fossil fuel cars by 2030.

That's quite the task. My hat's off to them if they accomplish that without too much heartache. Does that include tractor/trailer? If only cars are affected, is that really a good thing?

There Norway shows that the transition can go a lot faster.

Do you remember how they are doing that? Norway has an incredible tax on cars. They tax the weight, a HP tax, and a customs tax, carbon tax, etc. Then they put on a 25% VAT. Cars end up costing around twice as much as we pay here.

Guess what... Buy an EV... No tax!

Yes. That's electricity demand. When you start making the claim they did, they are speaking of transportation also. That is quite the infrastructure upgrades they will have to do, besides maybe twice as much power generation.

Yes, I have even suggested this myself, that hydrogen can use existing natural gas lines. I might even be plug-n-play, but I suspect parts of the home owners equipment will need modifications.

That's quite the task. My hat's off to them if they accomplish that without too much heartache. Does that include tractor/trailer? If only cars are affected, is that really a good thing?

Do you remember how they are doing that? Norway has an incredible tax on cars. They tax the weight, a HP tax, and a customs tax, carbon tax, etc. Then they put on a 25% VAT. Cars end up costing around twice as much as we pay here.

Guess what... Buy an EV... No tax!

This study for the US only sees an increase with 38 percent up until 2050 their electrification of cars are a big but not only reason for that.

Also electric cars can help to speed up the transition away from fossil fuels because they can be used for energy storage.

While at the same time you can see investment in for example public transport and bike lanes. There this can also save a lot of money for households.

Electric roads is one way to also electrify trucks.

Having countries leading the way like Norway have lead to a rapid decline in cost for electric cars. There more and more norwegians are buying electric cars even if you have seen some cuts to the benefits during the last years.

Back
Top Bottom