• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden to "Transition" from Oil Industry

One more 10 W 30 reason to vote for Joe Biden.

Reactions: PoS
It is a design decision. You drop the battery at a station, and another is raised up and snaps in place. It would require a national system.
From that quote you obviously have no idea how EVs are designed much less engineered. Carry on.

Yet again, you speak authoritatively with no knowledge of what you are saying.
The problem is only selecting which real-world analysis to post.
The truth behind renewable energy
Can renewable energy sources supply the world with a large share of the energy it requires? While some environmentalists advocate the total replacement of fossil fuels by solar, wind and battery power, Dr Lars Schernikau explains why this is impossible.

And some "advances" are illusory. The Stanley Steamer did not catch on. And modern gasoline engines are not dirty.
The Stanley Steamer did catch on. You can buy a carpet cleaner on Amazon right now. The company didn't catch on, but the idea did. So, you're wrong.

And yes, the modern engine is still dirty if it uses gasoline.

I'm not sure Joe really believes in this, but the dynamics of last night's debate showed how he's been cornered by his green activist supporters. When he came out against the oil industry it seemed like the blunder of the night. It certainly made Pennsylvania a harder lift for him.

Biden Lets Mask Slip, Declares War on Oil & Gas

Scott McKay, American Spectator

“Would he close down the oil industry?” Trump asked. “Would you close down the oil industry?”

“I would transition from the oil industry, yes,” Biden responded.

That built upon a mountain of Green New Deal rhetoric he had spent much of the debate climbing by extolling the virtues of solar and wind energy and spinning yarns about all the great new jobs renewable energy would provide. Biden has had a problem for the length of his campaign due to his inability to give the country a straight answer on hydraulic fracturing. Thursday night he said he wouldn’t allow it on federal land and also said he wouldn’t allow any oil drilling at all on federal land, which wipes out the entire offshore drilling industry, but he’s been all over the map on that question, and depending on his audience he’s said whatever he thought they wanted to hear.

But prompted by Trump, he went full You Can’t Handle the Truth.

“That’s a big statement,” Trump said, and then rhetorically asked the voters in oil and gas states like Texas, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, and Ohio if they were listening. . . ."

Biden lost Pennsylvania with this nonsense!

From that quote you obviously have no idea how EVs are designed much less engineered. Carry on.

Perhaps the person isn't talking about how things are but how they could be.

Notice they did say it would require "a national system".

There was a brief period of time that this nation had different private railroads with different track gauges, until it was made paramount to have national standard gauge for all main rail lines.

A minute of being honest that will really hurt him if enough people heard that last night.
Good paying jobs for many that would go away if Biden wins.

I was promoting that decades ago.
Tesla had it in Cali. No one wanted to use it so he scrapped it. But could still be done. I think people had paranoia about swapping into a crap battery by comparison.

The problem is only selecting which real-world analysis to post.
Can renewable energy sources supply the world with a large share of the energy it requires? While some environmentalists advocate the total replacement of fossil fuels by solar, wind and battery power, Dr Lars Schernikau explains why this is impossible.
No one but you is going with a total replacement notion. It will always be a hybrid with renewables supplanting much of what is there now. Just as it has been doing for a decade now and continues to grow. Your blog is rejected.

For now, sure. But, are you implying that nothing will change going forward? Cause that's a silly way of thinking if so.

In my lifetime, we've gone from rotor phones to cell phones that can operate more efficiently than many computers. Times change. As efficient as gas maybe, it's also dirty. Humans WANT a cleaner fuel source. That desire is translating into advances in green sources of energy. It is only a matter of time before we find better methods of powering things.

We need to be a leader on that front, not a late adopter of the future.

Green is not as green as one thinks. If you want a real accounting of Green Energy watch this presentation by Mark Mills, Senior Fellow at the Manhattan Institute

No one but you is going with a total replacement notion. It will always be a hybrid with renewables supplanting much of what is there now. Just as it has been doing for a decade now and continues to grow. Your blog is rejected.
Read first, then post.
". . . The author is all for sensible use of renewable energy and for reducing everyday energy waste. Society needs to invest in additional filtering systems, cleaner transportation and mining operations that minimise the negative impact on the planet. Moreover, many trees should be planted. However, are current climate actions good for the environment? Are today’s wind and solar technologies the solution to our energy problems? This article aims to take the reader on a journey away from current standard thinking. . . ."

3 cheers for coal powered electric vehicles, the dirtiest vehicles on earth that the Democratic Party promotes.
Actually, I wonder how an auto factory will run on solar when the days get shorter, given union work rules.
And I wonder how many acres of solar panels a steel factory needs.
Glass factories have to run 365/24/7 because for technical reasons you only shut them down for overhaul.
I guess we will buy our manufacturing componets from the dirtiest places in the world - China, eastern Europe, and India.

Exactly. I grew up in the 1960s, when America led the world in science. I just assumed we always would. But then Reaganism shoved R&D into reverse and conservatives continue to drag us down to this day.
It's really astounding what the republiCANTS will do to hurt this country from going forward. Has there been a good Republican in government in the last 50 years? I can't think of any.

Actually, I wonder how an auto factory will run on solar when the days get shorter, given union work rules.
And I wonder how many acres of solar panels a steel factory needs.
Glass factories have to run 365/24/7 because for technical reasons you only shut them down for overhaul.
I guess we will buy our manufacturing componets from the dirtiest places in the world - China, eastern Europe, and India.

That's the goal. You see, most Democrats believe those other countries are on other planets.

Nope. The numbers are remorseless.

The only challenge remaining for renewables is storage. I'm not too worried that will remain a problem. Remember this (from only 10 years ago)

The only challenge remaining for renewables is storage. I'm not too worried that will remain a problem. Remember this (from only 10 years ago)
". . . Solar and wind power are not new energy sources – we had to “wean off” low efficiency wind- and solar-based power to fuel humanities technological revolution. While there is nothing extraordinary or revolutionary about these power sources, their efficiency has greatly improved over recent decades. Moreover, these sources are getting close to their physical limits. The Schockley-Queisser Law states that a maximum of 33 per cent of incoming photons can be converted into electrons in silicon photovoltaic (PV) with modern PV reaching 26 per cent. In wind power, the Betz Law states that a blade can capture up to 60 per cent of kinetic energy in air. Modern wind turbines reached 45 per cent.

The era of 10-fold gains is over.[2] There is no Moore’s Law in energy and therefore, what is seen in the domain of computers, cannot be expected from energy. Costs will not continue dropping and it is time that a whole-system view is taken when looking at solar and wind or any form of power generation. . . . ."

Nope. Can't get there.
This is what is wrong with America. The AmeriCAN'Ts have become our voice

Car batteries can already be fully charged in 10 minutes with the right system. The problem is already solved. This is what is wrong with America.. It has become polluted with AmeriCAN'Ts.

LATE LAST YEAR, Formula E officials announced the specs for the third generation of all-electric race cars that will debut on the motorway in 2022. The new Formula E cars will be the first to use extremely fast charging stations that pack enough power to fully charge a Tesla Model S battery in about 10 minutes. Although the racers will only use the charging stations for brief pit stops, they’ll provide a glimpse of the future beyond the racetrack: EV batteries that charge in the same amount of time it takes to fill a gas tank.

https://www.wired.com/story/charge-a-car-battery-in-5-minutes-thats-the-plan/

Read first, then post.
". . . The author is all for sensible use of renewable energy and for reducing everyday energy waste. Society needs to invest in additional filtering systems, cleaner transportation and mining operations that minimise the negative impact on the planet. Moreover, many trees should be planted. However, are current climate actions good for the environment? Are today’s wind and solar technologies the solution to our energy problems? This article aims to take the reader on a journey away from current standard thinking. . . ."
So?... doesn't make it more authoritative.

It's the science. It's the engineering.
That denier article is full of half truths and lies. Claiming that the "logarithmic effect" of CO2 makes it not a problem is a typical denier lie.

extreme.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom