• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden to sign executive order on supply chains

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Biden just signed it in about 3 minutes ago.

Biden to sign executive order on supply chains - CBS News
President Biden is signing an executive order on supply chains Wednesday, part of the administration's efforts to cope with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. The move comes as Congress continues to consider Biden's Cabinet nominees and the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package. CBS News senior White House and political correspondent Ed O'Keefe joins CBSN with the latest.

Biden to Sign Order Seeking Domestic Fixes to Address US Reliance on Imports – NBC New York
President Joe Biden is preparing to sign an executive order to review U.S. supply chains for large-capacity batteries, pharmaceuticals, critical minerals and semiconductors that power cars, phones, military equipment and other goods.

President Biden is signing an executive order on supply chains Wednesday, part of the administration's efforts to cope with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. The move comes as Congress continues to consider Biden's Cabinet nominees and the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package. CBS News senior White House and political correspondent Ed O'Keefe joins CBSN with the latest.

Biden to Sign Order Seeking Domestic Fixes to Address US Reliance on Imports – NBC New York
President Joe Biden is preparing to sign an executive order to review U.S. supply chains for large-capacity batteries, pharmaceuticals, critical minerals and semiconductors that power cars, phones, military equipment and other goods.

So, it seems Biden is actually doing the things Trump talked, bragged, & yelled about?

So, it seems Biden is actually doing the things Trump talked, bragged, & yelled about?

Yep, Joe “Where am I?” Biden is not just talking, bragging and yelling about things - he is actually reviewing things!

It's too bad neither of your links actually present the EO. You know, so we can all read what it says for ourselves.

I guess it's like Gov. Cuomo's little brother told us back in 2016 when everyone wanted to know what was in the WikiLeaks dumps. Remember what he said? "It's illegal for you to read them, but we can read them and tell you what's in it."

They don't want you to read the EO. They just want you to believe what THEY say about the EO.

But guess what...this EO doesn't do anything but "study" an issue that Trump was already doing something about.

Biden finally does something i can agree with him on.

It's too bad neither of your links actually present the EO. You know, so we can all read what it says for ourselves.

I guess it's like Gov. Cuomo's little brother told us back in 2016 when everyone wanted to know what was in the WikiLeaks dumps. Remember what he said? "It's illegal for you to read them, but we can read them and tell you what's in it."

They don't want you to read the EO. They just want you to believe what THEY say about the EO.

But guess what...this EO doesn't do anything but "study" an issue that Trump was already doing something about.
Ya, completely weird EO, what can Fed do? That is private sector affair :unsure:
President Biden signed an executive order on Wednesday directing federal agencies to conduct a review of supply chains for critical goods, including pharmaceuticals and large capacity batteries. Specifically, the review will target semiconductors, key minerals and materials, pharmaceuticals and their ingredients, and advanced batteries like the ones used in electric vehicles.....

Nope, Joe “Where am I?” Biden has gone well beyond a “study” he or, more likely, his assigns are going to “review” these (4?) critical matters and many more as well. As proof, he has signed an actual (non-binding?) EO! Yep, a very real piece of paper signed by the real current POTUS, with a real souvenir pen, no less. That, the MSM will assure us, is taking decisive executive action! Well, c’mon man, at least it’s a review of possible, in the very near future, action.

This is how it goes: if he doesn’t do anything, he is incompetent and “Slow Joe”. If he does do something, he’s a communist tyrant. That way, they can have all their bases covered.

This is how it goes: if he doesn’t do anything, he is incompetent and “Slow Joe”. If he does do something, he’s a communist tyrant. That way, they can have all their bases covered.

Yep, so instead he takes the super safe middle ground and says that he will “review” these matters and some others too!

Yep, so instead he takes the super safe middle ground and says that he will “review” these matters and some others too!

Wow, and so that’s bad too. The guy has nowhere to turn! Aaaaaaaah!

Maybe he should just cuss everyone out, including the virus. That always intimidated everyone into stopping questioning and makes it look like one knows what one is doing.😁

Maybe he should just cuss everyone out, including the virus. That always intimidated everyone into stopping questioning and makes it look like one knows what one is doing.😁

Nope, that’s neither bad nor good - it’s just politically safe.

It's about time - I love that 2nd EO in the OP. I've been hoping for that for a decade now. Obama seemed to lose interest in mitigating critical supply chain risks in his 2nd term and I don't think Trump was intelligent enough to even know what it meant. This makes me super happy that we are getting on a good path.

Clearly not.

Yes it is. Those who adore Biden claim that “he has taken action”, those who despise Biden claim that “he has taken no action” and those in between say that “he has decided to review the matter”.

An EO of political talking points?

What does the EO actually DO? Anything?

Nah...

He should go ask Trump what should be done. Trump already did all the work Biden is trying to do now.

Really too bad that you all are apparently not smart enough to be able to find it yourselves.
Executive Order on America’s Supply Chains

Nah...

He should go ask Trump what should be done. Trump already did all the work Biden is trying to do now.
What you mean is all the work Trump said he was going to do but never got around to actually doing. Suppose Biden will eventually have to finish that health insurance plan that Trump said he was going to have done 4 years ago as well.

I had already seen it. That's how I knew what it was about.

But I'm sure other members will thank you for your efforts.
Okay. Then why ask stupid questions?

this is the kind of stuff that will piss off the Republican Party > Country folks.

watch for them.

What you mean is all the work Trump said he was going to do but never got around to actually doing. Suppose Biden will eventually have to finish that health insurance plan that Trump said he was going to have done 4 years ago as well.
Nope. That's not what I mean at all.

Can't you read?

Back
Top Bottom