• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden to announce his stimulus package today

Because of the Democrat-led closures. Trump, as we know, never wanted closures. So, again, you're blaming the wrong people. But you knew that, right?

Wrong, it was the Trump admiration that recommended the closures.

But that is off subject anyway. Point is, Trump destroyed the economy./

Trump mishandled a pandemic. By which I mean, "he refused to admit there was a problem."
Totally false. The Emmy Award winning governor of New York still leads the nation in COVID deaths but from what I understand, he has a book out detailing what a great job he did. One thing for sure though, 40,000 New Yorkers arent around to pick up a copy.

You think if Trump admitted there was a problem, the pandemic wouldn't have happened and people would have kept their jobs?

Nope. I think we could have followed New Zealand's model, taken a 16 week hit, and gotten back to business as usual.

Now nobody's spending even in areas with no restrictions. You might get a half a dozen dumbasses out to the bar, but not enough to keep them open.

Wrong, it was the Trump admiration that recommended the closures.

But that is off subject anyway. Point is, Trump destroyed the economy./
Thats not a 'point' its a talking point. A hackish, dishonest, left wing talking point. Try and be accurate once in a while.

Thats not a 'point' its a talking point. A hackish, dishonest, left wing talking point. Try and be accurate once in a while.

No clue what you are talking about? ??

Totally false. The Emmy Award winning governor of New York still leads the nation in COVID deaths
NJ leads in deaths per capita.

Perhaps you havent been paying attention, but there is a global pandemic going on and the knee-jerk left wing reaction to it was to shutter all non-essential businesses. What did you think was going to happen when the state forced the layoffs of 40 million Americans?

Sounds like an excuse, which Trump is full of.

I can't imagine what caused the spike in April. Oh wait. That's when Democrats demanded everything be shut down, a move Trump opposed.
Trump recommended closing businesses

Because of the Democrat-led closures. Trump, as we know, never wanted closures. So, again, you're blaming the wrong people. But you knew that, right?

Yes, your plan was apparently to pretend we weren't in the middle of a pandemic and keep things open as our healthcare system collapsed around us.

Notice all Democrat 'stimulus' programs involve giving away taxpayer dollars only. There is never anything about job creation. It's because Democrats prevent job creation. President Trump had the most robust economy in history. He didn't have a silly 'Jobs Bill'
Please don't tell me that you truly think that your goverment has full control on the economic growth and that their politics desides on the overall outcomes... If that is the case you should really call Obama the mastermind. At least, you are not calling yourself Libertian, always something

The only thing a goverment can do is to minimize downfalls or booms through stimulus or restrictions. They can never make it go away. They don't even own the most important tool : repo rate .

I am mixed about this. I can't help but think that if we're going to spend money, rather than doing so in the form of a blank check to people, there might be a better way. Two come to mind:

1. Use it to fund jobs and infrastructure. Rather than say half a trillion dollars of cash straight to pocketbooks, let's build half a trillion dollars worth of better roads and tracks that provide decades of return.

2. Open up more and use the money to invest in more health care infrastructure. "Flattening the curve to prevent health care from being overwhelmed" was always posited as the right COVID response. Not "flatten the curve until the virus goes away." So, we should invest in more hospitals, clinics etc.

I wonder what happened in 2020 to cause so much unemployment.

It couldn't have been the pandemic because Trump said it would have been gone by then. Did you doubt Donald "Captain Disinfectant" Trump?

I am mixed about this. I can't help but think that if we're going to spend money, rather than doing so in the form of a blank check to people, there might be a better way. Two come to mind:

1. Use it to fund jobs and infrastructure. Rather than say half a trillion dollars of cash straight to pocketbooks, let's build half a trillion dollars worth of better roads and tracks that provide decades of return.

2. Open up more and use the money to invest in more health care infrastructure. "Flattening the curve to prevent health care from being overwhelmed" was always posited as the right COVID response. Not "flatten the curve until the virus goes away." So, we should invest in more hospitals, clinics etc.

we should do both.

But direct payments will have a more immediate effect of spending money into the economy.

No he wanted to stick his head in the sand and pretend all those people weren't dying...

He cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

You may have noticed that states that followed his lead all had to close again do to huge spikes in deaths...

Nope. I think we could have followed New Zealand's model, taken a 16 week hit, and gotten back to business as usual.

Now nobody's spending even in areas with no restrictions. You might get a half a dozen dumbasses out to the bar, but not enough to keep them open.
New Zealand is an island nation with a population the size of Alabama. It would be far more fair to compare us to comparable Western democracies in Europe. Do that and with the exception of Germany we are doing roughly the same. Even the Germans, who largely dodged the first wave, are loosing nearly 1000 per day to the virus now.

No he wanted to stick his head in the sand and pretend all those people weren't dying...

He cost hundreds of thousands of lives.
Thats just so stupid.

You may have noticed that states that followed his lead all had to close again do to huge spikes in deaths...
You mean like New York, New Jersey, Mass., Michigan, Illinois and California?

It couldn't have been the pandemic because Trump said it would have been gone by then. Did you doubt Donald "Captain Disinfectant" Trump?

Please connect for me anything Trump said and the unemployment.

Is there anything Trump cold have said that would have saved those jobs?

New Zealand is an island nation with a population the size of Alabama.

And less resources than Alabama. Scaling it to our size would actually be more favorable to us.

It would be far more fair to compare us to comparable Western democracies in Europe. Do that and with the exception of Germany we are doing roughly the same. Even the Germans, who largely dodged the first wave, are loosing nearly 1000 per day to the virus now.

I am comparing methodologies, not governments.

Thats just so stupid.

Have you seen Arizona's numbers? We laugh at those amateur states.

It's a hollow laugh, but it's still a laugh and that counts.

You act like we didn't watch Trump during the early pandemic.
If its all Trumps fault, how do you explain, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain and the UK who are all just as bad or worse off than we are?

Thats just so stupid.

No I was referring mostly to Georgia, Florida and Texas among others...

If its all Trumps fault, how do you explain, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain and the UK who are all just as bad or worse off than we are?

Equally dumb or insufficient responses. They literally had to close Lombardy off from the rest of Italy because people wouldn't act right.

But the fact that they're being stupid doesn't excuse our stupidity.

You have no right to speak about hackish dishonest talking points when you support the terrorist-in-chief.

Back
Top Bottom