• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden: 'The pandemic is over'

Do you agree is it over.

I suspect a clarification statement from the WH will be issued in the morning
This dumb statement caused vaccine stock price to plummet, meaning at least the vaccine makers expect this to encourage people to skip their boosters. If they do, we might have a surge just in time for election day.

Do we still need to wash our hands for the full 20 seconds?

This is excellent news. I guess no more blind mailings of mail in ballots and no more mules carrying forged ballots to the mail box.

Had they left it up to the "I'm scared of masks and shots" crowd, we'd still be in lockdown.
With Healthcare facilities over run with Covid cases

Which was the reason for lockdowns. To slow it down, not prevent it like some fools want to believe to this day.

This dumb statement caused vaccine stock price to plummet, meaning at least the vaccine makers expect this to encourage people to skip their boosters. If they do, we might have a surge just in time for election day.
I am suppose to cry because Phizers stock went down, boo freaking hoo.

I work overseas and pay a fraction for meds that I was paying in US. Yes they rip America off, big time.

Thank God for that. Imagine the number of nosocomially acquired infections if we were to listen to the 'experts'?
What gets me is that so much of what we have experienced could have been avoided if people had not been so ignorant and selfish.
Well Cletus and Karen thought it against their Constitutional rights to require a mask at Jack in the Box, so there ya go.

While Biden's comment was simplistic to the extreme it was more correct than not.

The pandemic is over.

If the expectation is for there to be zero infections, you'll never, ever reach that. COVID will kill people for a very long time to come, just like the flu and just like the 'common' cold. We will never get rid of COVID, but the lethality will and has fallen off dramatically.

The vaccine does not stop transmissibly of the virus. So, vaccinated or not, it will spread amongst humans (and animals) for as long as we have humans on this planet.

IMO, now is the best time to get the virus. It's no where nearly as dangerous and infection provides longer term protection from developing dangerous infection, far superior to the vaccine.

So unless you're going to avoid all human contact for the rest of your life, get use to COVID, just like we do the common cold.

Do you agree is it over.

Yes, the pandemic is over. It has become endemic. A new disease to be concerned about, but it is no longer out of control.

Thanks, President Biden!

Yes I do for healthy people. That said if you didn't get a vaccination or booster it could be worse than a mild cold if you still get it. Or if you have risk factors.
Actually he also said in his next statement it was slowing down so I believe he realized saying it was over was premature but of course that is not pointed out

Having said that, ITA with you that had others gotten vaccinated the pandemic would have been over by now and we would be facing nothing more than the "flu"

Do you agree is it over.

There are criteria the medical and epidemiology community use to determine an 'epidemic' and a 'pandemic.' They involve statistics, cases, regions, population, etc.

Biden is not in a position to determine that, altho he can certainly tell us what the experts determine. IMO that's not what he did, he was just saying that pandemic restrictions in the US are pretty much over. Which is true and he is in a position to weigh in on.

He made this more clear, again IMO, by making the distinction that covid is still a problem, still infecting people.

He was just speaking casually IMO and he should have specified 'restrictions.' I'm sure many MAGAts feel he should be drawn and quartered but their drama penetrates less and less. Like millions of little boys and girls crying 'wolf!'

Falsies seems to disagree...

And when one of MSNBC's Liberal mouthpieces flips out on ya, you know you've stepped in the shit...

Do you agree is it over.

not at my house......just got over it

that's like Trump saying 'we have it totally under control'

that's like Trump saying 'we have it totally under control'
Funny how the reaction differs from T.Rump downplaying it to Bidet downplaying it.

Back
Top Bottom