• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden tells voters they do not need to know his stance on courts

When I run across words that I do not know the meaning of, I do look up the meaning of the words.
then evidently do should look up the phrase non sequitur because it doesn't mean ouch.
so evidently you do not look up words you do not know.

Your question was NOT with respect to whether or not "Party X" could "get away with" packing the courts during an election and/or in the interim between losing the election and the expiry of their term of office. Your question was whether it was "constitutional" for "Party X" to do so. In the US it is 100% "constitutional" to do so. In the US it is also 100% "constitutional" for the party that replaced "Party X" as the party in power to use its majorities (assuming that it has them) to pack the courts once the new members have been sworn into office.
Which is a non sequitur argument.

The REAL issue is NOT whether or not such behaviour is "constitutional" but whether or not it is acceptable. Your position appears to be
I have already given my position on this issue so why can't biden? why is he incapable of telling the truth?

Now, if I am wrong and your position is

you will notice thar i didn't respond to your false dichtomy or straeman arguments for a reason.
your projection fallacies are your issue not mine. you do not get to make up other peoples arguments for them.

After considering the source I do have to thank you for the chuckle.
Concession noted thanks.

You mean that you do NOT support whatever grasping measures that Republican Party takes to ensure that the Legislative and Executive Branches have been neutered by the appointment of politically motivated judges?

What i said was quite clear
That would be consistent.
You should try it sometime.

then evidently do should look up the phrase non sequitur because it doesn't mean ouch.

Have you ever considered trying "Reading for Comprehension"?

so evidently you do not look up words you do not know.

I'm sure that you believe that.

Which is a non sequitur argument. \

Actually it isn't.

I have already given my position on this issue so why can't biden?

I never knew that you were running for election to the office of President of the United States of America.

why is he incapable of telling the truth?

Do you actually know the meaning of the word "incapable"?

you will notice thar i didn't respond to your false dichtomy or straeman arguments for a reason.
your projection fallacies are your issue not mine. you do not get to make up other peoples arguments for them.

In short, you will NOT state that it is your position that

"Packing the courts - ESPECIALLY when approaching an election which the party in power might lose and EVEN MORE SO after it has lost an election and doing so in the interim between the date that the election is lost and the date that the incoming government is sworn - is NEVER appropriate, even if it would be 'constitutional' to do so and this applies equally to both the Republicans and the Democrats."​

which, since you do appear to support the current actions of the Republican President and the Republican majority in the Senate, leads one to conclude that your position is actually

"Packing the courts, when approaching an election which they might lose or even after losing an election and doing so in the interim between the date that the election is lost and the date that the incoming government is sworn in is 100% acceptable PROVIDED that it is being done by the Republicans and it is NEVER appropriate for the Democrats to do so REGARDLESS of how big a win they scored in the election that put them into power."​

Concession noted thanks.

A victory in your own mind. Do you know what the technical term for people who "notice" things that aren't there is?

What i said was quite clear

Indeed, you have been very clear that, as long as it is "constitutional" then there is nothing either illegal, immoral, or unethical about doing what the Republicans are now doing.

Have you ever considered trying "Reading for Comprehension"?
Still doesn't know what non sequitur means i see ol well not my issue.

Actually it isn't.
sorry but it is.

I never knew that you were running for election to the office of President of the United States of America.
red herring argument.

Do you actually know the meaning of the word "incapable"?

go ask biden he is the one that refuses and says we don't need to know his stance.

[QUOTE
In short, you will NOT state that it is your position that[/QUOTE]

Ihave already stated my position multiple times you should tey reading instead of making stuff up.

A victory in your own mind. Do you know what the technical term for people who "notice" things that aren't there is?
Projection argument

Indeed, you have been very clear that, as long as it is "constitutional" then there is nothing either illegal, immoral, or unethical about doing what the Republicans are now doing.

There isn't. if being hypocritical was illegal, unethical, or immoral then leftists are the large group there is. they should all be locked up.

PS. democrats are being just as hypocritical.

Still doesn't know what non sequitur means i see ol well not my issue.

sorry but it is.

red herring argument.

go ask biden he is the one that refuses and says we don't need to know his stance.

[QUOTE
In short, you will NOT state that it is your position that

Ihave already stated my position multiple times you should tey reading instead of making stuff up.

Projection argument

There isn't. if being hypocritical was illegal, unethical, or immoral then leftists are the large group there is. they should all be locked up.

PS. democrats are being just as hypocritical.
[/QUOTE]

While not commenting on the rest of your post, I do have to admit that, to a large extent, I agree with your PS. The differences between the movers and shakers behind the MORE Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Republican Party’) and the movers and shakers behind the LESS Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Democratic Party’) ARE rather difficult to detect.

Back
Top Bottom