• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Tells Protester to 'Vote for Trump'

Surrealistik

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Joe Biden lashes out at protesters, telling one to '''vote for Trump''' - Business Insider

Biden says, ‘Vote for Trump,’ to immigration activist

Incredible. Of course it wasn't even given a single mention on CNN or MSNBC (not to my knowledge after some searching), showing up literally everywhere else in the media.

The sheer arrogance (or idiocy) of Biden is simply staggering; from the sound of things, you might figure he had already won the nomination, and there isn't a broad field of superior alternatives to a scarcely articulate man with probable dementia high on his own hubris.

Last edited:
This was the Hillbot advice to the Berners.

"We don't need you - go vote for Trump!"

3 years later, and the Democrats have learned NOTHING.

If anything, they're more arrogant & out of touch than 3 years ago.

I don't really see the problem. If you don't like the Democrats' immigration policies, vote for Trump. I don't get the outrage here.

Granted, i can't see this oerson voting for Trump either. But I don't get it. Biden's policy is harsher than this guy wants, so you criticize him. Does this mean you're in favor of open borders?

I don't really see the problem. If you don't like the Democrats' immigration policies, vote for Trump. I don't get the outrage here.

Granted, i can't see this oerson voting for Trump either. But I don't get it. Biden's policy is harsher than this guy wants, so you criticize him. Does this mean you're in favor of open borders?

He was asking for a moratorium on deportations that separate families. Beyond that, you don't see the problem with telling someone who clearly is a Democratic voter and who volunteered for Obama in 2008, to in so many words **** off and vote for Trump after he respectfully articulated disappointment over the immigration policy Biden presided over in the 8 years of Obama's administration, and politely asked him whether he would enact said moratorium?

Even if Biden won the nomination and was literally the only alternative to Trump this would be awful, but being as this is still a primary he can easily opt for any other candidate in the field, it is indicative of obvious arrogance, idiocy or both.

He was asking for a moratorium on deportations that separate families. Beyond that, you don't see the problem with telling someone who clearly is a Democratic voter and who volunteered for Obama in 2008, to in so many words **** off and vote for Trump after he respectfully articulated disappointment over the immigration policy Biden presided over in the 8 years of Obama's administration, and politely asked him whether he would enact said moratorium?

Even if Biden won the nomination and was literally the only alternative to Trump this would be awful, but being as this is still a primary he can easily opt for any other candidate in the field, it is indicative of obvious arrogance, idiocy or both.

I'm not going to say that Biden isn't arrogant. I think you could probably say that of anybody running for President on either side.

This guy must have been REALLY thrilled with Obama's immigration policy considering that it's like Biden's.

I'm not going to say that Biden isn't arrogant. I think you could probably say that of anybody running for President on either side.

This guy must have been REALLY thrilled with Obama's immigration policy considering that it's like Biden's.

He wasn't, that's why he was so upset in part, along with Biden having a hand in that policy.

And nah; there's an obvious distinction between confidence and arrogance; Biden is clearly of the latter, whereas the rest of the field has the former with the exception of Buttigieg and the billionaires per their insistence on running despite non-existent bona fides (and no, we shouldn't use the President as a barometer of what experience, or lackthereof, is acceptable).

DACA was a moratorium, DAPA was an attempted moratorium. How many immigration moratoriums should we be dealing with in this country?

We have had deportation for felony offenders in this country almost for as long as we have had immigration. I would draw a line at no deportation AT ALL even for felony offenders just as I would draw a line at decriminalizing the border.

The vote for Trump comment was inarticulate and was also combative IMO. Really not too bright, politically. But inarticulate and combative seems to have become more the norm than the exception in politics today. Biden's basic point, does not bother me in least and if he came down on the side of no deportations even for felons, THAT would have bothered me.

He wasn't, that's why he was so upset in part, along with Biden having a hand in that policy.

And nah; there's an obvious distinction between confidence and arrogance; Biden is clearly of the latter, whereas the rest of the field has the former with the exception of Buttigieg and the billionaires per their insistence on running despite non-existent bona fides (and no, we shouldn't use the President as a barometer of what experience, or lackthereof, is acceptable).

Out of curiosity, what do you have against Biden's policy? He stated deportations were going to be limited to felons, would you prefer he kept felons here?

Out of curiosity, what do you have against Biden's policy? He stated deportations were going to be limited to felons, would you prefer he kept felons here?

To be clear, Biden's answer was an evasion; instead of providing an answer to the question on whether he'd commit to a moratorium on family splitting deportations, he pivoted to saying that he wouldn't stop deportation of felons; well no **** he wouldn't, nor would anyone else, but that's not what was being asked.

Even if Biden disagreed with a moratorium, as he apparently seems to here, or you want to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he construed this as stopping all deportations period (which is understandable), he could have easily taken up a tactful response to a polite question and the subsequent context he was given, instead of being boneheaded and abruptly undertaking the de facto equivalent of telling an obvious Democrat to **** off and vote Trump; it's such a clear and obvious misstep.

To be clear, Biden's answer was an evasion; instead of providing an answer to the question on whether he'd commit to a moratorium on family splitting deportations, he pivoted to saying that he wouldn't stop deportation of felons; well no **** he wouldn't, nor would anyone else, but that's not what was being asked.

Even if Biden disagreed with a moratorium, as he apparently seems to here, he could have easily taken up a tactful response to a polite question and the subsequent context he was given, instead of being boneheaded and abruptly undertaking the de facto equivalent of telling an obvious Democrat to **** off and vote Trump; it's such a clear and obvious misstep.

I assume Biden meant that if deporting a felon split a family, he would still pursue the deportation of felons.

The most heinous of Trumpian policies regarding Immigration was Zero Tolerance because it completely tossed Prosecutorial Discretion on its ear. As long as we eliminate Zero Tolerance thus going back to a Prosecutorial Discretion environment I don't see a problem in Biden's comment. I have no reason to believe Biden would continue Zero Tolerance for any Immigration or Border issue.

I assume Biden meant that if deporting a felon split a family, he would still pursue the deportation of felons.

The most heinous of Trumpian policies regarding Immigration was Zero Tolerance because it completely tossed Prosecutorial Discretion on its ear. As long as we eliminate Zero Tolerance thus going back to a Prosecutorial Discretion environment I don't see a problem in Biden's comment. I have no reason to believe Biden would continue Zero Tolerance for any Immigration or Border issue.

It was obviously meant as a pivot to avoid answering the question, because if he agreed with the idea of a moratorium albeit with caveats he would have said "yes, but" or some variant thereof. But either way, I could give him the benefit of the doubt here, let's chalk it up to being another one of his many 'Biden moments' and otherwise a clumsy or poorly worded response albeit with good intentions; it doesn't matter all that much to me; again the real issue here is repeatedly advising an ardent Democrat to "Vote Trump" before turning his back on him in response to polite and measured conduct; utterly disgraceful and arrogant behaviour.

Even if Biden disagreed with a moratorium, as he apparently seems to here, or you want to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he construed this as stopping all deportations period (which is understandable), he could have easily taken up a tactful response to a polite question and the subsequent context he was given, instead of being boneheaded and abruptly undertaking the de facto equivalent of telling an obvious Democrat to **** off and vote Trump; it's such a clear and obvious misstep.

Except that was precisely what was being asked and was why Biden responded with he would continue to deport felons. You may want to go back and listen to what the guy was asking Biden. He was asking him to put a stop to ALL deportations.

It was obviously meant as a pivot to avoid answering the question, because if he agreed with the idea of a moratorium albeit with caveats he would have said "yes, but" or some variant thereof. But either way, I could give him the benefit of the doubt here, let's chalk it up to being another one of his many 'Biden moments' and otherwise a clumsy or poorly worded response albeit with good intentions; it doesn't matter all that much to me; again the real issue here is repeatedly advising an ardent Democrat to "Vote Trump" before turning his back on him in response to polite and measured conduct; utterly disgraceful and arrogant behaviour.

It didn't appear to be a pivot or avoidance of the question to me, the answer was a pretty clear No.

Activist - Will you end all deportations day 1?
Biden - No, I will continue to deport felons
Activist - Not 1 more

Paraphrasing but that was pretty much the conversation.

Last edited:
This was the Hillbot advice to the Berners.

"We don't need you - go vote for Trump!"

3 years later, and the Democrats have learned NOTHING.

If anything, they're more arrogant & out of touch than 3 years ago.

This is true. Since I am still in the Bernie camp, I get it -endlessly- from "establishment" types on various social media platforms and in person day to day life as well. Arrogant doesn't begin to describe the depths of their insanity. It's all Bernie's fault, it's all the Bernie Bro's faults.

Hillary did everything right and should be POTUS.

If only for that dastardly Bernie.

Except that was precisely what was being asked and was why Biden responded with he would continue to deport felons. You may want to go back and listen to what the guy was asking Biden. He was asking him to put a stop to ALL deportations.

It didn't appear to be a pivot or avoidance of the question to me, the answer was a pretty clear No.

Activist - Will you end all deportations day 1?
Biden - No, I will continue to deport felons
Activist - Not 1 more

Paraphrasing but that was pretty much the conversation.

Context is important; I felt the implication was that he was asking for a moratorium on deportations that might split families.

But even assuming he was asking him to do so for all deportations, and I give Biden the benefit of the doubt on his initial response, something I mentioned as a possibility in my reply to you, how Biden handled the audience member's subsequent reaction was completely and obviously inexcusable; that's the real story here (beyond the fact that neither MSNBC or CNN broke this while seemingly everyone else did).

Last edited:
Context is important; I felt the implication was that he was asking for a moratorium on deportations that might split families.

But even assuming he was asking him to do so for all deportations, and I give Biden the benefit of the doubt on his initial response, something I mentioned as a possibility in my reply to you, how Biden handled the audience member's subsequent reaction was completely and obviously inexcusable; that's the real story here (beyond the fact that neither MSNBC or CNN broke this story).

Well when he began the chant "not 1 more" in response to Biden saying he would continue to deport felons and others that commit serious crimes it should have clued you in to the context. And honestly this whole "deportations that might split families" is rather ridiculous, should we do a moratorium on all prison sentences that might split families as well?

I do agree with you that Biden mishandled the situation and it will hurt him politically though.

Well when he began the chant "not 1 more" in response to Biden saying he would continue to deport felons and others that commit serious crimes it should have clued you in to the context. And honestly this whole "deportations that might split families" is rather ridiculous, should we do a moratorium on all prison sentences that might split families as well?

Probably talking about not one more split family, but that's not the important thing here; like I said, it could go either way, and I'm not particularly miffed by either.

I do agree with you that Biden mishandled the situation and it will hurt him politically though.

And it's not just another silly Bidenism that was goofy and otherwise harmless; this betrayed some pretty ugly aspects of his character.

Probably talking about not one more split family, but that's not the important thing here; like I said, it could go either way, and I'm not particularly miffed by either.

And it's not just another silly Bidenism that was goofy and otherwise harmless; this betrayed some pretty ugly aspects of his character.

Nope, he was clearly talking about ending ALL deportations. I understand you don't like Biden and want to cast him in the worst light possible but there is no need as his comments stand for themselves.

Nope, he was clearly talking about ending ALL deportations. I understand you don't like Biden and want to cast him in the worst light possible but there is no need as his comments stand for themselves.

Again, the preponderance of the context suggestions that families were being talked about, and again, it doesn't _matter_; you can interpret this however you like. Having said that, I can only assume you persist in keeping the focus on this irrelevant preamble as a point of deflection from the comments that actually matter.

Also, it's not that I dislike Biden personally (though after this exchange I'm beginning to revise my opinion on that), but more that I don't think he's fit to be president; I find that he no longer has the mental acuity for the highest office (prior to countless disastrous Bidenisms I in fact thought he was the most electable at one point, despite disagreeing with his policies completely), and the more I see stuff like this, the more I don't think he has temperament and personality befitting of it either (again, I don't judge suitability by the embarrassingly low bar Trump has set).

Last edited:
Again, the preponderance of the context suggestions that families were being talked about, and again, it doesn't _matter_; you can interpret this however you like. Having said that, I can only assume you persist in keeping the focus on this irrelevant preamble as a point of deflection from the comments that actually matter.

Also, it's not that I dislike Biden personally (though after this exchange I'm beginning to revise my opinion on that), but more that I don't think he's fit to be president; I find that he no longer has the mental acuity for the highest office (prior to countless disastrous Bidenisms I in fact thought he was the most electable at one point, despite disagreeing with his policies completely), and the more I see stuff like this, the more I don't think he has temperament and personality befitting of it either (again, I don't judge suitability by the embarrassingly low bar Trump has set).

You do understand that the only one mentioning Trump was Biden, and nothing about Zero tolerance. The criticism was directed solely at the Obama administration and the 3 million deportations under Obama/Biden. I'm not trying to deflect from anything, I'm just confused as to how you percieve a context that simply isn't there. You could argue that any deportation is naturally going to cause family separation and I would agree but typically that rhetoric is reserved for Trump and his "zero tolerance" position.

You do understand that the only one mentioning Trump was Biden, and nothing about Zero tolerance. The criticism was directed solely at the Obama administration and the 3 million deportations under Obama/Biden. I'm not trying to deflect from anything, I'm just confused as to how you percieve a context that simply isn't there. You could argue that any deportation is naturally going to cause family separation and I would agree but typically that rhetoric is reserved for Trump and his "zero tolerance" position.

Because the focus was on families in this exchange, and the unfortunate fact of the matter is that Obama's deportations were stringent and did break up many families; the activist was focusing on Obama's record because, for someone for whom immigration is obviously an important issue, it was certainly one of the Obama administration's and by extension, Biden's missteps, and it's certainly something that needs to be addressed for and by him.

Last edited:
Joe Biden lashes out at protesters, telling one to '''vote for Trump''' - Business Insider

Biden says, ‘Vote for Trump,’ to immigration activist

Incredible. Of course it wasn't even given a single mention on CNN or MSNBC (not to my knowledge after some searching), showing up literally everywhere else in the media.

The sheer arrogance (or idiocy) of Biden is simply staggering; from the sound of things, you might figure he had already won the nomination, and there isn't a broad field of superior alternatives to a scarcely articulate man with probable dementia high on his own hubris.

Idiotic thread. Faux outrage.

They wanted Biden to commit to stopping all deportations on Day 1 of his administration. An absurd request/expectation.

Thread fail.

Because the focus was on families in this exchange, and the unfortunate fact of the matter is that Obama's deportations were stringent and did break up many families; the activist was focusing on Obama's record because, for someone for whom immigration is obviously an important issue, it was certainly one of the Obama administration's and by extension, Biden's missteps, and it's certainly something that needs to be addressed for and by him.
More horse ****.

While it’s true that infrequently, families were separated during the Obama administration, the number is minuscule in comparison to those deliberately separated as a deterrent under Trump’s mismanagement.

More horse ****.

While it’s true that infrequently, families were separated during the Obama administration, the number is minuscule in comparison to those deliberately separated as a deterrent under Trump’s mismanagement.

No one is arguing that Obama is worse than Trump in terms of family separations, but Obama's deportation policy was still stringent and fairly iron fisted, and he made missteps; that Trump is worse doesn't somehow negate this.

Moreover, what I said was factual; the focus here was on families, and the adverse impact of Obama's immigration policy, and something that people in the crowd clearly wanted assurances from Biden about given his connection to that policy, and his standing as a frontrunning candidate.

Idiotic thread. Faux outrage.

They wanted Biden to commit to stopping all deportations on Day 1 of his administration. An absurd request/expectation.

Thread fail.

What's false about it?

Do you feel that Biden interrupting and repeatedly telling a loyal democrat and a campaign volunteer to "vote Trump" before literally turning his back on him is somehow acceptable conduct?

It doesn't matter whether that Dem wanted to stop all deportations or not; he was polite, and nothing he did warranted this kind of untenable reaction. Biden's behaviour was disgusting and unbecoming of anyone seeking to be president, more in line with Trump than anything else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom