• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden stimulus checks spark historic surge in gun sales, especially AR-15s

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What really spurs it on is the shootings of large amounts of people. Mass shooting = gun purchases. Stimulus only helps to give them the funds to go get it. The more media there is about the shooting, the more background checks mysteriously rise for a few months.

The fear of having them taken, spurs purchase.

What really spurs it on is the shootings of large amounts of people. Mass shooting = gun purchases. Stimulus only helps to give them the funds to go get it. The more media there is about the shooting, the more background checks mysteriously rise for a few months.

The fear of having them taken, spurs purchase.

So the NRA must secretly be brainwashing alienated individuals to go on a shooting spree ?

So the NRA must secretly be brainwashing alienated individuals to go on a shooting spree ?
The brainwashing is for the purchasers, after the shootings. You know, "there going to take your guns away!!!!"
"Gun laws are coming, so go out and get yourself a semi automatic while you still can!!"

It seems to work wonders.

The brainwashing is for the purchasers, after the shootings. You know, "there going to take your guns away!!!!"
"Gun laws are coming, so go out and get yourself a semi automatic while you still can!!"

Gun manufacturers then.

Long as they're made in America, it's a good thing.

Putting people to work.

most are, foreign makers like FN and SIG have domestic factories making these things. My SIG MCX is made in Exeter NH, and the Fns I have handled were made in South Carolina.

if the bannerhoids didn't scream for gun bans and their elected turds in the congress didn't scream for gun bans, guess what, no one would go out and buy them up after a mass shooting. But the pavlovian forces are strong-on both sides. The democrats howl for gun bans, and lots of Americans, in turn, go out and buy up several million more AR 15s and millions of magazines as well

if the bannerhoids didn't scream for gun bans and their elected turds in the congress didn't scream for gun bans, guess what, no one would go out and buy them up after a mass shooting. But the pavlovian forces are strong-on both sides. The democrats howl for gun bans, and lots of Americans, in turn, go out and buy up several million more AR 15s and millions of magazines as well
Why not try and do something about all those gun owners that are giving you a bad name? Of course people are going to freak out with all these gun deaths every year.

Why not try and do something about all those gun owners that are giving you a bad name? Of course people are going to freak out with all these gun deaths every year.
I do, I push my elected representatives to prosecute them vigorously. Unfortunately, the same people who want to ban guns, generally oppose tougher sentences on violent criminals. And I spent thirty years as first a municipal prosecutor and then with the DOJ.

Every time there's a mass shooting, AR15 sales shoot up. It doesn't have much to do with the stimulus checks if anything at all.

I do, I push my elected representatives to prosecute them vigorously. Unfortunately, the same people who want to ban guns, generally oppose tougher sentences on violent criminals. And I spent thirty years as first a municipal prosecutor and then with the DOJ.
That hasn't worked has it.

Some of the gun owners reps need to put in place measures and laws that make guns a fun hobby, but keep them out of the hands of the mentally ill, and criminals. Then, nobody will care about your guns.
Your representatives have done the exact opposite. Why not elect the ones that will make you look better, not worse.

Some of the gun owners reps need to put in place measures and laws that make guns a fun hobby, but keep them out of the hands of the mentally ill, and criminals. Then, nobody will care about your guns.
Your representatives have done the exact opposite. Why not elect the ones that will make you look better, not worse.
well we know gun control laws have been a failure as crime control measures. They are continually pushed because those who advocate them have other motivations for trying to harass lawful gun ownership. I don't care how I look to people who want to harass pro gun voters,.

Just wondering how you would keep guns out of mentally ill and more importantly criminals hands. Not trying to be a dick but how does that work and not violate multiple rights?

Every time there's a mass shooting, AR15 sales shoot up. It doesn't have much to do with the stimulus checks if anything at all.
that's because the media is full of screams to ban them. EVEN if the mass shooting did not involve AR 15s.

Just wondering how you would keep guns out of mentally ill and more importantly criminals hands. Not trying to be a dick but how does that work and not violate multiple rights?
In a lot of countries you have to go to a psychologist and get an eval, take a weeks worth of classes and then a test, and have a back ground check. Some have a 3 or 4 friends and family recommendations, like when you get a loan for a car. Then you turn it all in at the police station and register.

I doubt you'd get through it all without somebody noticing a red flag.
It should be at least as extensive as buying a car or a house.

We've never had strict gun laws here, so we don't know if they work or not.

What's the problem with making it stricter? There are a lot of things we want that take time to get.

In a lot of countries you have to go to a psychologist and get an eval, take a weeks worth of classes and then a test, and have a back ground check. Some have a 3 or 4 friends and family recommendations, like when you get a loan for a car. Then you turn it all in at the police station and register.

I doubt you'd get through it all without somebody noticing a red flag.
It should be at least as extensive as buying a car or a house.

We've never had strict gun laws here, so we don't know if they work or not.

What's the problem with making it stricter? There are a lot of things we want that take time to get.
well other than the constitution and the fact that those who want to ban guns push for every possible obstacle that is intermediate in nature, who knows

oh yeah, and criminals won't bother anyway.

well other than the constitution and the fact that those who want to ban guns push for every possible obstacle that is intermediate in nature, who knows

oh yeah, and criminals won't bother anyway.
Ok, well, why bother I guess. But, this is why people push for gun control, or bans. It's just getting out of control. It's just part of the problem, instead of the solution.

Ok, well, why bother I guess. But, this is why people push for gun control, or bans. It's just getting out of control. It's just part of the problem, instead of the solution.
sheeple bleat for gun control because their masters tell them to. Those who push for gun control usually have ulterior motives. BTW, why do you think that almost every gun control advocate on this board is hard left?

sheeple bleat for gun control because their masters tell them to. Those who push for gun control usually have ulterior motives. BTW, why do you think that almost every gun control advocate on this board is hard left?
So, you're calling me a sheeple now?

So, welfare money on non essentials?

That reminds me of what Limbaugh and Hannity say about a certain group.

Back
Top Bottom