• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden SOTU

"I saw the pain of inflation in their eyes."

This woman is a governor. There's a good reason the bridge traffic from Davenport to Rock Island is one way at 2 AM.

She's making it up. Utter nonsense.

Alright, I'm sure this is an allusion to bars and the legal differences between IA & IL.

Care to elaborate, a bit?

There was no memorable take away, there was no new policies set forth. It was a polished version of a campaign speech. But for Biden it was one of the better speeches he has given.
The president wasn't elected to entertain you. Typical of a crowd that thought a reality TV moron was deserving of representing America..

The president wasn't elected to entertain you. Typical of a crowd that thought a reality TV moron was deserving of representing America..
Entertaining me isn’t important. Giving a speech that’s coherent and not full of partisan bullshit is. Like I said as SOTU speech’s go not impressive but on the sliding scale and lower expectations for Biden it wasn’t that bad

Entertaining me isn’t important. Giving a speech that’s coherent and not full of partisan bullshit is. Like I said as SOTU speech’s go not impressive but on the sliding scale and lower expectations for Biden it wasn’t that bad
We heard you the first 3 times.

Alright, I'm sure this is an allusion to bars and the legal differences between IA & IL.

Care to elaborate, a bit?
That would be correct. Illinois is much more libertarian regarding alcohol. Iowa is a rural, semi- Bible belt state. Nothing but corn. Illinois isn't much different, except for Chicago and East St. Louis. Those population centers turn an otherwise red state blue. Anyway, yeah, it was a quip to the backwardness of Iowa, at least last time I was there, 40 some years ago. Lol.

Seemingly unnoticed, DOJ to set up assets to look specifically at Oligarchs likely means money laundering here in the US. Wonder how far they will look into Americans aiding their money laundering efforts here. Beware Donnie...better rip up a few Trump Org documents.

That's actually about how dumb the left looks for thinking anyone would believe the "lets go Brandon" lie. We all know what that crowd was chanting and why they were chanting it. Pretending like they were chanting something else than what they were has backfired.

My understanding is that both chants were occurring. And it's absurd to exoect the newscaster would take the spotlight away from the story she was covering.

Otherwise, this is like blaming NATO for Putin's invasion of Ukraine. They just had no choice.

My understanding is that both chants were occurring. And it's absurd to exoect the newscaster would take the spotlight away from the story she was covering.

Otherwise, this is like blaming NATO for Putin's invasion of Ukraine. They just had no choice.
The Right is utterly oblivious as usual. Nobody twisted the Right's arm and forced them to make "Lets go Brandon" flags or fly them. They came to that bit of stupidity all on their own.

I saw a protest the other day that was really absurd. It was a curbside protest for "Medical Freedom". Seems a bit late to still be pushing that one. On one flagpole as a "Lets go Brandon" flag and an American Flag flown Upside down.

According to U.S. Flag Code, the flag should never be displayed upside-down “except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.”

The stunningly stupid Right manages to cover itself in shit again. Heck they must enjoy the stink they do it so often.

Here's the video to judge for yourself...

While many in the audience wearing the Blue and Yellow of Ukraine of course MTG has to be in Russia RED. FUGGING BITCH. Can't stand the sight of her.

Sorry about such a caustic OP to kick off a SOTU thread. Can't stand her for another second.

Oh stop. I'm a woman and I understand why she wore red. Before the SOTU she had a bowl of gazpacho and she knew she would possibly spill it on herself and she didn't want the stain to show. So red was her only option.

Oh stop. I'm a woman and I understand why she wore red. Before the SOTU she had a bowl of gazpacho and she knew she would possibly spill it on herself and she didn't want the stain to show. So red was her only option.
Do you have a justification for why she was at CPAC22 part of the "Putin...Putin...Putin" chant, one that makes sense for an American Member of the Congress? Good luck with that.

Do you have a justification for why she was at CPAC22 part of the "Putin...Putin...Putin" chant, one that makes sense for an American Member of the Congress? Good luck with that.

Huh? I was criticizing and making fun of her in that post.

You should read more carefully.

Huh? I was criticizing and making fun of her in that post.

You should read more carefully.
The site does have smiley faces.:oops::oops::oops:.....May I suggest you use them when the opportunity presents itself. There right up there at the top of the posting window.

The site does have smiley faces.:oops::oops::oops:.....May I suggest you use them when the opportunity presents itself. There right up there at the top of the posting window.

I don't need to, considering I've posted about the MTG gazpacho idiocy a few dozen times, and it's my signature line as well.

Settle down, there's no bigger Biden supporter here than me but for whatever reason he said Iranian, no big deal. :rolleyes:
Everyone slips from time to time, hell woopy Goldberg slipped yesterday and said trumps name out loud…

That would be correct. Illinois is much more libertarian regarding alcohol. Iowa is a rural, semi- Bible belt state. Nothing but corn. Illinois isn't much different, except for Chicago and East St. Louis. Those population centers turn an otherwise red state blue. Anyway, yeah, it was a quip to the backwardness of Iowa, at least last time I was there, 40 some years ago. Lol.

Good enough, MC. Thanks for the 411.

But actually, as far as I know the state does not regulate liquor hours; the local municipalities do.

That's why when the 4 & 5 A.M. licenses in Chicago close, some continue their romp in one of the booze friendly areas of an adjoining nearby suburb, to return to Chicago for the 7 A.M. opening. It's a tough drinking town!

Back
Top Bottom