• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden SOTU

When you know exactly what Biden has been doing you just let us know.

What we do know is that he used US Intelligence as a tool to build back the confidence that Bush 43, Obama and Trump had cost us in the eyes of the world and unify our allies. He stuck his neck on the line as if even one of those Intelligence based reveals had not panned out, his political opponents would have been boxing him around the ears and he would not have accomplished what he intended.
Your wrong, we don't know any of those things. Its all assumptions made by you.

What he said about tax cuts was a cheap shot and I know this is hard for progressives to understand but you don't get to insult people whenever you feel like it and than get their affection when you want it.

Stop insulting people and you might get a little more cooperation. But let's not kid each other, progressives are not interested in cooperation or compromises. They have made that crystal clear.

Walk around mad all the time because people don't like you and they won't work with you, who gives a crap. I certainly don't and I support voting against every single thing you want.
Did anybody ask the Republicans in the room to stand and applaud that line? I didn't. Oh by the way, the corp tax cuts were too steep. They cost us $600B we never got anything for. Could just as well burned the money in a bonfire. Funny but we were balking at numbers like $600B in the recent negotiations over Biden's human infrastructure plan.

What he said about tax cuts was a cheap shot and I know this is hard for progressives to understand but you don't get to insult people whenever you feel like it and than get their affection when you want it.

Stop insulting people and you might get a little more cooperation. But let's not kid each other, progressives are not interested in cooperation or compromises. They have made that crystal clear.

Walk around mad all the time because people don't like you and they won't work with you, who gives a crap.
Thanks for the belly laugh. You've described what we endured during the *Rump nightmare and decry what you see as the same thing happening now? Bitterness is unbecoming.

We had already passed stiff sanctions than closing off our airspace to Russian airlines by tonight.
Yes. What I'm saying is doing this earlier would have been no more effective. I agree we should have hit Putin as hard as we could all at once, but that's not the strategy here.

Putin is well aware of possible sanctions, and I'm sure has planned for them. Whether he expected such a drastic economic collapse, I don't know, so it's actually good to have something left to hit him with. Biden has touched on the subject to the press.

This is a game of days. It's being played masterfully by the free world. In my opinion.

Other than saying that the Russians may circle Kyiv but will never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people he's done well.

Your wrong, we don't know any of those things. Its all assumptions made by you.
We know all of those things because THEY WERE ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY. We didn't just tell the allies privately. We told the world publicly. It amazes me how people expect to have any credibility at this forum when they don't follow anything other than blowhard politicians blathering.

Other than saying that the Russians will never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people he's done well.

I picked up on that too... but, "forget it, he's rolling."

Did anybody ask the Republicans in the room to stand and applaud that line? I didn't. Oh by the way, the corp tax cuts were too steep. They cost us $600B we never got anything for. Could just as well burned the money in a bonfire. Funny but we were balking at numbers like $600B in the recent negotiations over Biden's human infrastructure plan.
We can argue if the tax cut was good or bad but there is a time place and place for it. Tonight was neither.

It set a poor tone and that's on Brandon.

Other than saying that the Russians may circle Kyiv but will never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people he's done well.
You just cannot take the fact that the guy is a stutterer and some words are just not going to come completely out of his mouth they way he wants them to. I actually don't think he said Iranian people. But you go ahead and live in your fantasy that is just numb between the ears.

You just cannot take the fact that the guy is a stutterer and some words are just not going to come completely out of his mouth they way he wants them to. I actually don't think he said Iranian people. But you go ahead and live in your fantasy that is just numb between the ears.
Excuse me, I'm a Biden supporter but I know what I heard. Go to Fox news, I'm sure they'll be all over it.

Chill out.

We can argue if the tax cut was good or bad but there is a time place and place for it. Tonight was neither.

It set a poor tone and that's on Brandon.
And the whole Lets go Brandon thing is childish. Congratulations.

As far as SOTU speeches goes it was below average at best and didn’t have any real great lines.

As far as a Biden speech goes it was one of his better ones and he kept the mistakes to a minimum you can tell he practiced it many times.

In a week it will be forgotten.

Excuse me, I'm a Biden supporter but I know what I heard. Go to Fox news, I'm sure they'll be all over it.

Chill out.
So you don't think that for someone that battles stuttering every day of his life that Ukrainian might come out closer to Iranian?

Thanks for the belly laugh. You've described what we endured during the *Rump nightmare and decry what you see as the same thing happening now? Bitterness is unbecoming.
I think it's funny that Snowflakes think misspelling names and all the other insults bother us like it does progressives. Its quite amusing.

I think it's funny that Snowflakes think misspelling names and all the other insults bother us like it does progressives. Its quite amusing.
Crudeness and base thuggery is the calling card of the Right these days. It is in fact "amusing" to the goons and ghouls of the Right. Not at all a surprising take.

So you don't think that for someone that battles stuttering every day of his life that Ukrainian might come out closer to Iranian?
I backed it up and listened to it. He clearly said Iranian. It's ok. He often miss-speaks in addition to occasionally stuttering. The totality of the speech is more important than the mistakes and he made less of those than I expected.

As far as SOTU speeches goes it was below average at best and didn’t have any real great lines.

As far as a Biden speech goes it was one of his better ones and he kept the mistakes to a minimum you can tell he practiced it many times.

In a week it will be forgotten.
I'll leave the critique to your expertise, because like you said, I've forgotten all the others. Good thing you remember them.

Seemed like a normal SOTU speech. Biden walking through the room is great. How can you not smile?

Keep yelling at your mirror.

We know all of those things because THEY WERE ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY. We didn't just tell the allies privately. We told the world publicly. It amazes me how people expect to have any credibility at this forum when they don't follow anything other than blowhard politicians blathering.
Let me remind you what you said.

What we do know is that he used US Intelligence as a tool to build back the confidence that Bush 43, Obama and Trump had cost us in the eyes of the world and unify our allies. He stuck his neck on the line as if even one of those Intelligence based reveals had not panned out, his political opponents would have been boxing him around the ears and he would not have accomplished what he intended.

Those are big assumptions by you, nothing more.

Either those mics were super sensitive, or that is the rowdiest Congress I have heard in awhile during a SOTU.

Does anyone know "Go get him!" mean :rolleyes:

From the perspective of the tiny tent G.O.P. voter, only malignant narcissism and compulsive ***** grabbing can be given a pass.

And the whole Lets go Brandon thing is childish. Congratulations.
You think me referring to him sets an unproductive tone? (Just let that sink in and then you will better understand my criticism)

Back
Top Bottom