• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden SOTU

I must be watching the wrong speech, our president hasn't told me how he's the greatest of all time, has a huge brain and how he only hires the best people. :unsure:

Republicans don't want to applaud "make it in America"? I thought it was Biden that was the China-crat. I guess there are more China-cons AND Russia-cons than I thought.

The SOTU is and has always been the canned haggis of political speeches.

Not worth watching, no matter who is in.

And a blue jacket and pants.

Look people on both sides act like tribalists.
Look....MTG was just at CPAC22 part of the "Putin, Putin, Putin" chant. So I will remain unable to stand her.

I understand why we can't, but it was still painful to hear him say we won't engage with Russia to help Ukraine. The sadness on the Ukraine ambassador's face is difficult to see.

So. Nobody cares about what Biden is saying. The color of the clothes is more important. (Or has he not started reading yet?)

I'm glad I haven't tuned in.
I am tuned in and you ain't missing anything. Right now he is praising Sherrod Brown a senator from Ohio claiming it is time to stop calling Ohio part of the rust belt thanks to Biden's policies when in fact it has been the Republican leadership in Ohio that is responsible for bringing jobs into Ohio. And just about everything else he is saying is nothing more than jive time nickle dime bullshit.

I understand why we can't, but it was still painful to hear him say we won't engage with Russia to help Ukraine. The sadness on the Ukraine ambassador's face is difficult to see.
It has been said enough. It did not have to be said tonight IMO.

We should have closed off US Airspace to Russian airlines before this IMO.

Yep, Joe “Where am I?” Biden leading from behind (some call that following) yet again.

FFS, 8 "Look!"... I need more bourbon.

Republicans don't want to applaud "make it in America"? I thought it was Biden that was the China-crat. I guess there are more China-cons AND Russia-cons than I thought.
Biden set the wrong tone for applauds when he started taking cheap partisan shots.

Yep, Joe “Where am I?” Biden leading from behind (some call that following) yet again.
Biden has led. Still does not change my opinion. We should have closed off our airspace to Russian airlines earlier than tonight.

Biden set the wrong tone for applauds when he started taking cheap partisan shots.
somebody made a big edit to their post. Yeah I saw the original post.

Agreed, it would have been far better to say we would continue to help in as many ways as we can without making that distinction.

As sad as this sounds, it is not just because of the sadness of the Ukraine ambassador but because Putin is watching.

It was weird how he patted himself on the back about how he had months to plan his response to Russia when by all appearances he has looked flat footed in his response to the invasion. I was surprised that he drew attention to the time line like he did.

We should have closed off US Airspace to Russian airlines before this IMO.
Disagree. We don't waste bullets.

Sanctions are better dealt incrementally (continuously would be ideal) than all at once. Economies adapt. If you hit them with everything at once, they adapt, and we're out of bullets. Best to keep them on their heels.

Sanctions have never worked as a deterrent, and no country imposes them as such. Basically, they are a punishment, and that punishment is being ostracized from the free world. If there is to be a new cold war, it will largely depend on China. And depending on China's actions, sanctions may extend to them.

Disagree. We don't waste bullets.

Sanctions are better dealt incrementally (continuously would be ideal) than all at once. Economies adapt. If you hit them with everything at once, they adapt, and we're out of bullets. Best to keep them on their heels.

Sanctions have never worked as a deterrent, and no country imposes them as such. Basically, they are a punishment, and that punishment is being ostracized from the free world. If there is to be a new cold war, it will largely depend on China. And depending on China's actions, sanctions may extend to them.
We had already passed stiff sanctions than closing off our airspace to Russian airlines by tonight.

It was weird how he patted himself on the back about how he had months to plan his response to Russia when by all appearances he has looked flat footed in his response to the invasion. I was surprised that he drew attention to the time line like he did.
When you know exactly what Biden has been doing you just let us know.

What we do know is that he used US Intelligence as a tool to build back the confidence that Bush 43, Obama and Trump had cost us in the eyes of the world and unify our allies. He stuck his neck on the line as if even one of those Intelligence based reveals had not panned out, his political opponents would have been boxing him around the ears and he would not have accomplished what he intended.

"Make it in America" ain't a cheap partisan shot. Sitting on their hands for that makes the GOP look silly which lately it is.
What he said about tax cuts was a cheap shot and I know this is hard for progressives to understand but you don't get to insult people whenever you feel like it and than get their affection when you want it.

Stop insulting people and you might get a little more cooperation. But let's not kid each other, progressives are not interested in cooperation or compromises. They have made that crystal clear.

Walk around mad all the time because people don't like you and they won't work with you, who gives a crap. I certainly don't and I support voting against every single thing you want.

Back
Top Bottom