• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden slowly inching up

Callen

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Little by little and getting close to 43. While not where it needs to be it is clear his handling of the situation in the Ukraine is not hurting him and stragely the numbers on the economy are holding or showing some improvement. We'll see if it holds and strengthens.

Screenshot_20220311-133005_Chrome.jpg

Little by little and getting close to 43. While not where it needs to be it is clear his handling of the situation in the Ukraine is not hurting him and stragely the numbers on the economy are holding or showing some improvement. We'll see if it holds and strengthens.

View attachment 67379479

Right wing twitter was fuming when the recent Trafalgar poll had him at 42% approval, which for that poll means it was more like 48% in reality. Keep in mind that Trafalgar's "creator" admits to adding points to Trump/Republicans to compensate for a mythical "shy Trump voter" narrative.

Guarantee Trafalgar will "tweak" the numbers next time around, as they wouldn't want to upset too many of their radical far right followers. Truth is, if it wasn't for Trafalgar and Rasmussen spitting out fake poll numbers (as they are paid to do), Biden's approval would be more around the mid 40's. Those two polls drag his average down, and it's by design. Keep in mind that Trafalgar never bothered polling Trump's approval once during his presidency...and they've been around since 2016. That wasn't unintentional.

View attachment 67379479

What I find personally interesting is the GOP's small lead in the polls when it comes to who will win the house in 2022...as of now a 2.8 lead on RCP, 2.2 on 538. With Biden's low approval you would think it would be much higher...couple that with mid-terms usually being bad for a new president's first term with his own party in power...there's something really off here. Dems at this point in time in 2018 had a 7.9 lead in the polls for congress per RCP, and 8.1 per 538. Add to the fact that redistricting has gone the complete opposite of what everyone predicted (Dems have vastly over performed expectations), and one has to wonder. I think if Biden's approval remains low, GOP will win the house, though nothing like 2010 or 1994, IMO. But if his approval rating goes up...we could be in for some interesting times. Also, the more Trump rallies for GOP candidates this year...the better for the Dems.

That recent RCP polls are generally based upon opinions gathered from right-leaning media, I tend to not give them much credence. Same as I do that which comes from left-leaning media. Polls in effect, are like asking a race car driver what their favorite car is, while ignoring what most people drive on a daily basis.

That recent RCP polls are generally based upon opinions gathered from right-leaning media, I tend to not give them much credence. Same as I do that which comes from left-leaning media. Polls in effect, are like asking a race car driver what their favorite car is, while ignoring what most people drive on a daily basis.
1647278414188.png

Back
Top Bottom