• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Should Be a Liar

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Biden Should Be a Liar:

I hear Biden saying, "I won't raise taxes on anyone earning less than $400,000.00."

After he wins he should raise taxes on everybody and have more money for his programs, and to reduce the Deficit.

Anybody?

Do you think it would be a mistake for Biden to keep his word?

Who ever heard of a politician keeping their word?

Anybody?

Biden Should Be a Liar:

I hear Biden saying, "I won't raise taxes on anyone earning less than $400,000.00."

After he wins he should raise taxes on everybody and have more money for his programs, and to reduce the Deficit.

Anybody?

Anybody?
Biden is like any other Dem politician...and a lot of Rep politicians. He lies whether he should or not.

The ends justify any means.

Biden Should Be a Liar:

Anybody?

Anybody?
Biden made a HUGE mistake saying that. It's Bush Sr./"Read my lips..." redux.

This is not the election for what I want. Getting rid of Trump is too important. Replace him with a literal dog turd. Don't care. The turd just won't do anything, which is better than Trump doing things.

That said, I am sick to death of listening to a certain contingent say "it's a spending problem", then vote for a GOP president who doubles the deficit and increases spending, then rant about deficits under the Ds.

"It's a spending problem". No, morons who say that, it's necessarily a spending and revenue problem, since a deficit results from spending more than you take in. It literally cannot be one problem or the other. And if we cannot agree on what spending to cut, there is only one sane grown-up thing to do: raise taxes across the board

But there really is a whole lot of legal 'loopholes' as they're called on the top end. We need to clear that out. Our tax structure is progressive in name only. Nothing showed that better than the fact that we pay a way higher effective rate than Romney's family. There's no good reason for that. No, not even the "investment lie". People will invest so long as they think they will make profit. They don't refuse to invest and instead park their money in a checking account because IF they invested, they'd be taxed at 30% rather than 15% of profits. And no, they do not invest in building more widgets for which there is not demand, simply because you gave them a tax cut. Both are horribly stupid and pernicious lies.

The problem? Nobody will ever promise to do what we need to do because as a country, we aren't grownups. You cannot get elected promising a widespread raise in taxes to pay our deficits. If you lied and did it anyway, assuming congress went along, the GOP would just run another tax cutter and undo it all. We're headed for bad. Eventually, there will be too many bills to juggle, and our children and/or grandchildren will pay a terrible price. Financial collapse on top of AGW, whooohooo!

dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg

Biden Should Be a Liar:

Anybody?

Anybody?

Since it seems you don't know....................every single time tax's have been raised....revenue to the government goes down..........

Every single time there's been a tax cut...........revenue to the government goes up....every...single...time!

And it doesn't matter who the party is.....JKF lowered tax's in 1964......revenue to the government went up

Even Liberal darling Barack Obama admitted that cutting tax's made the government more revenue....but then he said that he still wanted to raise tax's for proposes of fairness....a social justice thing for him

Biden Should Be a Liar:

Anybody?

Anybody?
I earn less than that and I absolutely know my taxes would go up under Biden.

Since it seems you don't know....................every single time tax's have been raised....revenue to the government goes down..........

Every single time there's been a tax cut...........revenue to the government goes up....every...single...time!

And it doesn't matter who the party is.....JKF lowered tax's in 1964......revenue to the government went up

Even Liberal darling Barack Obama admitted that cutting tax's made the government more revenue....but then he said that he still wanted to raise tax's for proposes of fairness....a social justice thing for him
Uh nope

Back
Top Bottom