• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden sends former top defense officials to Taiwan

Centrist

Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I sure hope those advisers told Taiwan Govt. officials they better get ready to become part of the mainland. That would be Great advice.

I hope that the Dem administration will do more than just threaten China with the mother of all sanctions.

It should station large ships of the American navy in the Taiwan Straits.

It should quietly (the Chinese, like all people, do not like to lose face) tell the Chinese tyrants that those American naval vessels will not permit Taiwan's enemies to mount an invasion of the island.

It should also NOW send all kinds of weapons to knock down enemy aircraft.

China needs to be told to stay in its lane. If the U.S. doesn't do it, Japan may do so.

U.S. President Joe Biden will send a delegation of former senior defense and security officials to Taiwan on Monday, a senior official of his administration said, a sign of support for the island claimed by China after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Source: Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/exclusive-biden-sends-former-top-defense-officials-taiwan-show-support-2022-02-28/
At least Biden, or rather more so his admin, isn't going to be caught flat footed a 2nd, (or is it already a 3rd time?)
Let's hope that these discussions includes additional defensive military equipment, training and support.

At least Biden, or rather more so his admin, isn't going to be caught flat footed a 2nd, (or is it already a 3rd time?)
Let's hope that these discussions includes additional defensive military equipment, training and support.

You trump dead enders are really pathetic.

You suck up the big lie, support an insurrection, and now you’re tripping all over yourselves trying to make up rationalizations for your failed fuhrer’s endorsement of his master’s war.

How much lower can trump nation go????

You have to pretend that Biden’s leadership, which has been universally praised around the world, (everywhere but on Moscow and Tucker Carlson) isn’t the President’s doing.

I guess you need to cling to that doddering old man stick figure that is so popular with the talk radio right.

That’s another thing you trump dead enders have in common with your fuhrer’s real boss, Vladimir Putin.

You both believed your own propoganda.

U.S. President Joe Biden will send a delegation of former senior defense and security officials to Taiwan on Monday, a senior official of his administration said, a sign of support for the island claimed by China after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Source: Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/exclusive-biden-sends-former-top-defense-officials-taiwan-show-support-2022-02-28/
Taiwan if they had a capable military could inflict significant damage in a Chinese invasion
Time they ponied up and pay soldiers better, increase military spending, turn the island into a porcupine

I think Biden officials will tell the Taiwanese to make whatever promises and concessions they can to China, in order to stave off invasion.

Biden & Co will go for an appeasement policy. That won't work in the end, but they'll go that way anyway.

Taiwan if they had a capable military could inflict significant damage in a Chinese invasion
Time they ponied up and pay soldiers better, increase military spending, turn the island into a porcupine

Taiwan is 23 million people. China is 1.4 billion people, and a more advanced military power. They also have nuclear weapons. If you think Putin's nuclear threats are ugly, wait until you see Xi and his wolf warriors make threats.

Taiwan is 23 million people. China is 1.4 billion people, and a more advanced military power. They also have nuclear weapons. If you think Putin's nuclear threats are ugly, wait until you see Xi and his wolf warriors make threats.
And????????????????????

Biden will say Taiwan and the PRC are both China. They are not causing harm to each other and over time they will be the same. The US will not interfere with that peaceful coexistence.

Biden will say Taiwan and the PRC are both China. They are not causing harm to each other and over time they will be the same. The US will not interfere with that peaceful coexistence.

Biden will appease. He's on the payroll of corporate America, among others, and they'll want him to do whatever it takes to avoid any situation that requires economic decoupling from China.

Biden will appease. He's on the payroll of corporate America, among others, and they'll want him to do whatever it takes to avoid any situation that requires economic decoupling from China.
Appease? Taiwan is also our partner.

Appease? Taiwan is also our partner.

I'm talking about a China appeasement policy. Biden officials have been sent to Taiwan to get them to play ball with Biden's plans for appeasement of China.

I'm talking about a China appeasement policy. Biden officials have been sent to Taiwan to get them to play ball with Biden's plans for appeasement of China.
No. Why would they? Leave the PRC and Taiwan alone and they will be fine. It is outside agitators (you) that want to create a problem.

I think you must have missed the aggressive actions that mainland China has been imposing on Taiwan, via government dictate.
It is really not 'peaceful coexistence'.

Citation? Last I recall, US sent over defensive military weapon systems.

Is that the right wing machine talking point for the day?

I think you must have missed the aggressive actions that mainland China has been imposing on Taiwan, via government dictate.
It is really not 'peaceful coexistence'.
Yes I did miss it. I have seen nothing of substance. Only outsiders trying to provoke dissension. The PRC and Taiwan no longer compete to governor China.

I think Biden officials will tell the Taiwanese to make whatever promises and concessions they can to China, in order to stave off invasion.

Biden & Co will go for an appeasement policy. That won't work in the end, but they'll go that way anyway.

I doubt that.

Indeed, other than clinging to the tired and false trump nation stereotype about Biden being weak and old, there is no reason to think that.

But there is no doubt, that trump would have cheered Putin as he invaded Ukraine, and then wondered why China took that sign of real weakness as an opening to invade Taiwan.

And Trump is so stupid that he would not see how his fecklessness in Ukraine inspired the Chinese to act.

And if you try and pretend that there isn’t any doubt that trump would have cheered for Putin, and praised his genius as he did to Ukraine what Hitler did to Poland and Czechoslovakia in 1938 and 1939, we can show you the video of him suggesting just that.

There is no plan for Biden to appease the Chinese.

You made that up. Or one of those cranks you think is “news” did.

Yes I did miss it. I have seen nothing of substance. Only outsiders trying to provoke dissension. The PRC and Taiwan no longer compete to governor China.
I'm assuming you mean they no longer compete to 'govern' Taiwan, which, I take it, that PRC is now governing Taiwan. This would be new to me, unless you meant something else?

Good.

It’s nice to have a President who thinks ahead, and doesn’t just blurt out whatever he thinks will get eyeballs on Fox Noise!

If you didn’t know Taiwan’s ass has been on the line for umpteen years than you are obviously not up with events. Obama and neither Trump had to do this cause it’s obvious now how weak the Americans have become under Biden. China will take Taiwan and Biden will have zero say, watch it happen

Biden predicting what Putin was going to do before he didn't doesn't seem "flatfooted" to me.

Back
Top Bottom