• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says U.S. facilitated Slovakia's transfer of air defense system to Ukraine

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Slovakia has transferred an S-300 missile defense system to Ukraine, fulfilling one of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's top requests to help the country defend itself against Russia's bombing campaign.

The latest: President Biden thanked the Slovakian government in a statement Friday and said the U.S. will reposition a Patriot missile system to Slovakia.

The Patriot missile system will be manned by U.S. service members at the invitation of the Slovakian government.

--

You know Vlad, when you screw-up, you really screw-up!

Patriot missiles? Nice! Although I will say that Ukraine appears to have had far more success in downing Russian aircraft than what I had expected.

The Patriots go to Slovakia, to replace the Slovak S-300 Soviet stuff the Slovaks are sending to Ukraine.

Like I said, Putin totally screwed-up. He united NATO, gave the Ukrainians and air defense, and gave the immediate NATO allies state-of-the-art Patriot Missiles!

Yet another feather in Biden's cap.

The Patriots go to Slovakia, to replace the Slovak S-300 Soviet stuff the Slovaks are sending to Ukraine.

Like I said, Putin totally screwed-up. He united NATO, gave the Ukrainians and air defense, and gave the immediate NATO allies state-of-the-art Patriot Missiles!
Practically the opposite of everything he was hoping achieved. Not only has he united NATO he may even cause it to expand. Finland and Sweden appeared to on the cusp of joining NATO.

I hope the West unleashes a torrent of weaponry and equipment, including advanced weaponry and equipment to Ukraine, to help them to perhaps finally drive out these Russian invaders. Although the transfer of Russian made equipment makes sense cause that's what the Ukrainian military is most familiar with and perhaps even more proficient in the use of than the Russians themselves.

Last edited:
Practically the opposite of everything he was hoping achieved. Not only has he united NATO he may even cause it to expand. Finland and Sweden appeared to on the cusp of joining NATO.

Exactly!

I hope the West unleashes a torrent of weaponry and equipment, including advanced weaponry and equipment to Ukraine, to help them to perhaps finally drive out these Russian invaders. Although the transfer of Russian made equipment makes sense cause that's what the Ukrainian military is most familiar with and perhaps even more proficient in the use of than the Russians themselves.

Bingo!

And the donating NATO allies get new state-of-the-art U.S. equipment!

It's a win-win!

Back
Top Bottom