• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden says silence is complicency

It could all change... But it all points towards a win for the President... Like 99 percent of an election

Biden hasn't come out and condemned the riots nor talked about what he will do to end it if he becomes president!

They will end when Trump is out of office. He is the main instigator. He thinks it is good for his ratings.

That's far better than 0 proof of the opposite.

He wants to be President. The proof of the opposite is that, as far as I've seen, he hasn't even bothered to try to suggest a plan to stop the rioting.

I'm not getting bogged down with individual people. As a whole, generally speaking, the left refuse to acknowledge there are rioters and instead call them peaceful protests, no matter how much violence happens, no matter how much destruction happens, no matter how much rioting and looting goes on, no matter how much is set on fire, the left calls the protests peaceful. When Trump sends the feds in to stop the rioting the left kick them out. The real peaceful protesters and the wall of moms actually offer the rioters protection.

Yes, trump's jack-booted thugs are not welcome they make things worse, as does trump with everything he touches, which is why America may not survive another 4 years under his administration's non-leadership.

All lives matter. Black lives, white lives, blue lives. To say only black lives matter is racist. The rioters say black lives matter while executing blue lives.

All live cannot matter until Black lives matter like all other lives...

The problem is people who refuse to accept that blacks experience a disproprtionate effect from an incompetant police force with rules of engagement that belong to authoritarian countries and not to western democracies. It does not make all of these people racist, but their attitude and blindness certainly play in the hands of racists who want to keep things the way they are.

Last edited:
So they riot, loot, burn, assault and murder because of something Trump said? There seems to be no limit to leftist ignorance.

For those who understand English, I made it clear that I was taling about the magnitude of PROTESTS. The looting, buting and murders is the result of opportunists from both the extreme left and extreme right who find more opportunities in the middle of those demonstrators to burn, loot or murder people whil e hundreds of thousands of people are demonstrating all over the country. I even provided historical examples of how even MLK participated in protests when there was burning and looting by some demonstrators.

I'm not getting bogged down with individual people. As a whole, generally speaking, the left refuse to acknowledge there are rioters and instead call them peaceful protests, no matter how much violence happens, no matter how much destruction happens, no matter how much rioting and looting goes on, no matter how much is set on fire, the left calls the protests peaceful. When Trump sends the feds in to stop the rioting the left kick them out. The real peaceful protesters and the wall of moms actually offer the rioters protection.

You confuse the point of objecting to the use of fed troops...

In some cases when they use unmarked cars to detain people or consistently beat jourmalists, the objection to their tactics should come from everybody.

In other cases, thetre may be objections in their use for fear that their deployment will actually create more backlash and lead to more deaths than a softer approach. This is not a new concept. You may recall how law enforccement authoritie chose to play the waiting game with armed RW protestors who occupied federal ground in Oregon.

None of the above can be equated to claiming that looters and arsonists are peaceful protestors...

Last edited:
The left take a handful of right wing extremists and paint the entire right as such and then you lefties come on here saying, "The fact is that every movement will have some extremists", as if it is inconsequential.

And how does this differ from what you demonstrate here?

By the way, regardless of the fact that RW extremists are few, this does not change the fact that the RW leadership which is now represented by Trump refusing to clearly condemn neonazi who staged night torch parades and depicted them as a group which has some good people. Nor does it change the fact that Trump chose to pardon police officers like Arpaio who made a career by using racial discrimination. And where was exactly Trump's condemnation when the RW pro-police teenager extremist yesterday killed 2 people? By contrast, Biden today condemned BOTH the violence and murder that comes from the right and the left.

Biden condemns violence in Portland and calls on Trump to do the same | Cnn Politics | gwinnettdailypost.com

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is forcefully condemning the violent protests that took one life in Portland on Saturday evening, calling on President Donald Trump to do the same.

"The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable," Biden said in a statement. "I condemn this violence unequivocally. I condemn violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge Donald Trump to do the same."

ps. apparently the auto-correction here often replaces my words with others that do not make sense. I hope that reasonable people will understand what I am trying to say even when they encounter words that make little sense. I guess, will have to play around with the settings to fix that...

Yep, Democrats really need to come up with a coherent message about how they're advocates for personal safety. Personal security is all Republicans have left to run on although it's via their racist rhetoric that the "law and order" issues have been created. The current trump/Republican party has broken everything and they're looking at the Democrats and are saying, "so what if we've broken this nation you guys are doing a terrible job at fixing our damage!".

For those who understand English, I made it clear that I was taling about the magnitude of PROTESTS. The looting, buting and murders is the result of opportunists from both the extreme left and extreme right who find more opportunities in the middle of those demonstrators to burn, loot or murder people whil e hundreds of thousands of people are demonstrating all over the country. I even provided historical examples of how even MLK participated in protests when there was burning and looting by some demonstrators.
You said, "The poisonous rhetoric of Trump is a big factor for the magnitude of riots you see".

And of course I responded as to what 'poisonous rhetoric' would be required to cause anyone to loot, murder, destroy public property and harass innocent people.

It is all leftists all the time and they've been carrying out their destruction since Berkeley. That they are ignorant is beyond question and hearing one of them try to get their thoughts in order underlines that fact.

You said, "The poisonous rhetoric of Trump is a big factor for the magnitude of riots you see".

And of course I responded as to what 'poisonous rhetoric' would be required to cause anyone to loot, murder, destroy public property and harass innocent people.

It is all leftists all the time and they've been carrying out their destruction since Berkeley. That they are ignorant is beyond question and hearing one of them try to get their thoughts in order underlines that fact.

I posted numerous posts about the incident and I made the connection that bigger protests will be also linked to more frequent riots. So, when Trump's poisonous rhetoric sparks more protests, it will inevitably lead to also more riots. This does not mean that Trump is personally responsible for the riots, but he is still personally responsible for the division within the nation that creates the opening for extremist opportunists on the left and on the right to use the protests to promote their agenda.

I posted numerous posts about the incident and I made the connection that bigger protests will be also linked to more frequent riots. So, when Trump's poisonous rhetoric sparks more protests, it will inevitably lead to also more riots. This does not mean that Trump is personally responsible for the riots, but he is still personally responsible for the division within the nation that creates the opening for extremist opportunists on the left and on the right to use the protests to promote their agenda.
The 'division' in the nation began the day Trump won the election with the FBI getting involved as well as Obama and Biden, the Russia Hoax, the phony Mueller Investigation, the impeachment craziness because of a 20 minute phone call with a foreign leader and now the accusation that Trump is somehow responsible for these riots because of something he said.

Don't leftists ever realize when they're being used and how damaging this all is for the country?

The 'division' in the nation began the day Trump won the election with the FBI getting involved as well as Obama and Biden, the Russia Hoax, the phony Mueller Investigation, the impeachment craziness because of a 20 minute phone call with a foreign leader and now the accusation that Trump is somehow responsible for these riots because of something he said.

Don't leftists ever realize when they're being used and how damaging this all is for the country?

You may have forgt the chants of "ock her up" AFTER there was an official decisiion not to prosecute Hillary...

You also forgot the birthers who questioned Obama's legitimacy and were led by Trump

Your memory is very selective....

In any case, the facts speak for themselves... Nobody besides Trump faced so many riots and shootings, including mass shootings against Latinos.

You may have forgt the chants of "ock her up" AFTER there was an official decisiion not to prosecute Hillary...

You also forgot the birthers who questioned Obama's legitimacy and were led by Trump

Your memory is very selective....

In any case, the facts speak for themselves... Nobody besides Trump faced so many riots and shootings, including mass shootings against Latinos.
You feel that a few audience members out of thousands saying 'lock her up' compares with anything going on today???

Or questioning where a President was born? Is this your list of comparable grievances?

Trump was never involved in any shootings whatsoever, unless they were terrorist related.
You're going to need some evidence whenever you post your claims.

You feel that a few audience members out of thousands saying 'lock her up' compares with anything going on today???

Or questioning where a President was born? Is this your list of comparable grievances?

Trump was never involved in any shootings whatsoever, unless they were terrorist related.
You're going to need some evidence whenever you post your claims.

It was not a few. I could hear the crowd which was also incited by the GOP leaders..

Stop trying to distort reality...

Here is Flynn chanting with the crowd, "lock her up" during the 2016 RNC convention

Trump did the same with his "crooked Hillary" moniker even after the end of the investigation

And I do not compare the chanting to killings or looting. I just reminded you that the divison did not start after Trump won the election. I am glad though that we seem to agree that today with TRUMP"S administration the division is worse than under Obama's. And no, we did not have during Obama's presidency the mass shootings by people who left manifestos inspired by Trump's words. Nor did we see the magnitude of BLM protests we see today.

If the point is that someone must be personaly involved to assume responsibility for hate crimes then you can exonerate even people like Hitler. Sorry, but history shows that words have consequences and refusing to acknoeledge them is dangerous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom