• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says no fly zone is WW 3

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
“That’s called WW3” according to Biden. China and Russia engaged US aircraft with Migs in Korea and shot a lot of US planes down and that didn’t trigger WW3. In Vietnam China pilots did the same. Does Biden actually not know this or is he just so timid he doesn’t care? Either way Putin is playing our pathetic excuse for a president like a fiddle. Limited engagement with Russia in Ukraine could lead to WW3 if things escalated but the act itself is not WW3.

“That’s called WW3” according to Biden. China and Russia engaged US aircraft with Migs in Korea and shot a lot of US planes down and that didn’t trigger WW3. In Vietnam China pilots did the same. Does Biden actually not know this or is he just so timid he doesn’t care? Either way Putin is playing our pathetic excuse for a president like a fiddle. Limited engagement with Russia in Ukraine could lead to WW3 if things escalated but the act itself is not WW3.
Who cares what you think? If he avoids escalation you’ll criticize him for not being bolder. If he orders the downing of a single plane that leads to a global conflict, you’ll blame him for starting it. So, what’s the value in having any dialogue with you when it comes to Biden? You’re just going to keep sounding like the same predictable broken record anyway?

Air cover in Korea and and Viet Nam was in support of our own troops.

This is not the same. Do you not know this? BIden does.
You entirely missed the point. Russia and China both have put their pilots up against ours in two wars. Neither time did that trigger WW3 so why would us doing the same in Ukraine now be WW3?

Who cares what you think? If he avoids escalation you’ll criticize him for not being bolder. If he orders the downing of a single plane that leads to a global conflict, you’ll blame him for starting it. So, what’s the value in having any dialogue with you when it comes to Biden? You’re just going to keep sounding like the same predictable broken record anyway?
You prove all you care about is politics. I care about stopping Putin.

You prove all you care about is politics. I care about stopping Putin.
You care about criticizing Biden. Every topic, every issue, every event is seen through your eyes for its value as a means to attack Biden, and this is clear across all your posts, of which this is just one more added to the pile. As I said, if he acts you’ll criticize him. If Putin survives, you’ll blame Biden. If this ends with Putin being assassinated by his generals, you’ll blame Biden for Putin for not getting a trial. If he is tried for war crimes you’ll blame Biden for supporting taxes to pay for the court.

Like I said, broken record and we all see it coming, so what’s the point?

Why don't other countries implement it? Why is it up to the US to create a no-fly zone?

(the answer should be obvious, let's see what happens)

Why don't other countries implement it? Why is it up to the US to create a no-fly zone?

My guess: if @Chainsawmassacre tried to frame this in terms of the EU establishing a no fly zone, he’d have difficulty fitting in a Biden attack which is the primary motivator anyway.

Actually I agree with you. NATO planes should enforce the no fly zone but Biden should fully back that plan and make it clear US pilots and planes would join if Russia shoots down NATO aircraft. I believe the Russian Air Force that barely has air superiority now would ground itself. Otherwise it would be overwhelmed and slaughtered.

You entirely missed the point. Russia and China both have put their pilots up against ours in two wars. Neither time did that trigger WW3 so why would us doing the same in Ukraine now be WW3?
I didn't miss your point. You're trying to shoehorn in a 50 year old response protecting our own troops into engaging with Russia over territories where we have no troop presence. It's not the same thing.

Biden calling it WW3 is not helpful in getting the EU to engage.
Out of curiosity if the EU did engage and with Biden’s support, what would be your next critique of Biden? Taxpayer dollars paying for aviation fuel? Or maybe… If one of our planes were shot down, would you focus on Biden’s woke military being incompetent? I’m just wondering if you have this planned out in your mind or are just winging it based off what happens next.

I didn't miss your point. You're trying to shoehorn in a 50 year old response protecting our own troops into engaging with Russia over territories where we have no troop presence. It's not the same thing.
You still are not getting it. Russia and China both sent their aircraft and pilots up against ours in two wars. Neither time did that lead to WW3 so why would us doing the same now actually be WW3?

I actually agree (surprise) with Biden that a no-fly zone is equivalent to WW3, but at the same time I think America can still do a lot more without implementing it, such as giving the Ukrainians the MIGs they wanted and more AA defenses.

“That’s called WW3” according to Biden.

According to reality. If Biden voices that reality then so be it.

China and Russia engaged US aircraft with Migs in Korea and shot a lot of US planes down and that didn’t trigger WW3. In Vietnam China pilots did the same. Does Biden actually not know this or is he just so timid he doesn’t care? Either way Putin is playing our pathetic excuse for a president like a fiddle. Limited engagement with Russia in Ukraine could lead to WW3 if things escalated but the act itself is not WW3.

You care about criticizing Biden. Every topic, every issue, every event is seen through your eyes for its value as a means to attack Biden, and this is clear across all your posts, of which this is just one more added to the pile. As I said, if he acts you’ll criticize him. If Putin survives, you’ll blame Biden. If this ends with Putin being assassinated by his generals, you’ll blame Biden for Putin for not getting a trial. If he is tried for war crimes you’ll blame Biden for supporting taxes to pay for the court.

Like I said, broken record and we all see it coming, so what’s the point?
This post is true comedy. After 4-5 years of bashing Trump in the same way causing your opinions etc to be ignored now you post this? Sauce fer the goose old son.

I actually agree (surprise) with Biden that a no-fly zone is equivalent to WW3, but at the same time I think America can still do a lot more without implementing it, such as giving the Ukrainians the MIGs they wanted and more AA defenses.
Why would Americans be giving them MiGs?

I’m curious why you agree. What is the difference now than in Korea and Vietnam?

Actually I agree with you. NATO planes should enforce the no fly zone but Biden should fully back that plan and make it clear US pilots and planes would join if Russia shoots down NATO aircraft. I believe the Russian Air Force that barely has air superiority now would ground itself. Otherwise it would be overwhelmed and slaughtered.
One Russian jet down by a NATO jet, and this escalates. Putin wants to be able to show his people that NATO is dangerous to Russia, this would play right into his hands.

Agreed. Not sure why Poland could not provide jets if we and everyone else are already providing other kinds of hardware.

I wonder if there’s a model wherein someone could provide Ukraine command and control of select AA defenses located outside their borders to be used to effect no-fly zones - does that toe the line sufficiently to give Russia a black eye without triggering a broader conflict?

Reactions: PoS

And if such a thing did turn into WW3, you will of course volunteer to go fight on the front lines in Ukraine since you supported the escalation, yes?

Or will you be like most of your ilk and chickenhawk out?

Biden calling it WW3 is not helpful in getting the EU to engage.
He needs to make Armageddon of all the decisions/actions he doesn't want to make. He's done this so many times now that his utterings are not believed by enough people to get him re-elected.

whoa. talk about a total lack of understanding (by the OP) of Korea and 'Nam.

Agreed. Not sure why Poland could not provide jets if we and everyone else are already providing other kinds of hardware.

I wonder if there’s a model wherein someone could provide Ukraine command and control of select AA defenses located outside their borders to be used to effect no-fly zones - does that toe the line sufficiently to give Russia a black eye without triggering a broader conflict?
The Russians just gave a precedent to the Ukraine for doing just that. They fired stand off missiles from Russian territory hitting a target near the Polish border.

One Russian jet down by a NATO jet, and this escalates. Putin wants to be able to show his people that NATO is dangerous to Russia, this would play right into his hands.
If NATO said we are enforcing a no fly zone in 24 hours, ground your planes or they will be shot down I believe the Russian Air Force would stop flying. It’s time for Putin to be afraid of us instead of visa versa. Biden has been his patsy for too long now. We need to get on top of the situation before it’s too late.

Back
Top Bottom