• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says no fly zone is WW 3

Why would Americans be giving them MiGs?
Because the Poles want to give away their MIGs in exchange for American F-16s, but Biden said no.
I’m curious why you agree. What is the difference now than in Korea and Vietnam?
Well because if we patrol the no-fly zone, we'll be in direct conflict with Russian forces, which didnt happen in either Korea or Vietnam.

Because the Poles want to give away their MIGs in exchange for American F-16s, but Biden said no.

Well because if we patrol the no-fly zone, we'll be in direct conflict with Russian forces, which didnt happen in either Korea or Vietnam.
But it did happen.

If NATO said we are enforcing a no fly zone in 24 hours, ground your planes or they will be shot down I believe the Russian Air Force would stop flying. It’s time for Putin to be afraid of us instead of visa versa. Biden has been his patsy for too long now. We need to get on top of the situation before it’s too late.
I don't think so. He might just fly one single jet into the no-fly zone, hoping it will be fired upon. He's not worried about losing an air battle, but he is chomping at the bit to have NATO get involved.

You still are not getting it. Russia and China both sent their aircraft and pilots up against ours in two wars. Neither time did that lead to WW3 so why would us doing the same now actually be WW3?
I get it. You think Korea and Viet Nam is the same as the Ukraine situation.

We were defending our own troops in the 50s and 60s in countries that we had a presence and commitment.

This is not the same and why your solution could have different results.

If NATO said we are enforcing a no fly zone in 24 hours, ground your planes or they will be shot down I believe the Russian Air Force would stop flying. It’s time for Putin to be afraid of us instead of visa versa. Biden has been his patsy for too long now. We need to get on top of the situation before it’s too late.

And if they didn’t stop flying? If we shot their planes down? If they then responded by hitting our air bases with Iskander missiles launched from Konigsberg?

“That’s called WW3” according to Biden. China and Russia engaged US aircraft with Migs in Korea and shot a lot of US planes down and that didn’t trigger WW3. In Vietnam China pilots did the same. Does Biden actually not know this or is he just so timid he doesn’t care? Either way Putin is playing our pathetic excuse for a president like a fiddle. Limited engagement with Russia in Ukraine could lead to WW3 if things escalated but the act itself is not WW3.

The Russians and Chinese didn’t declaring that they were going prevent all US aircraft from operating over either Korea or Vietnam, so your analogy falls flat on its face.

By the way, the North Vietnamese actually had a damn good Air Force on their own.

And if such a thing did turn into WW3, you will of course volunteer to go fight on the front lines in Ukraine since you supported the escalation, yes?

Or will you be like most of your ilk and chickenhawk out?
I would argue that the path to WW3 is timid indecision and half measures as we now are doing .

I don't think so. He might just fly one single jet into the no-fly zone, hoping it will be fired upon. He's not worried about losing an air battle, but he is chomping at the bit to have NATO get involved.
Russia can barely handle Ukraine alone. They are obviously not capable of taking on nato

I get it. You think Korea and Viet Nam is the same as the Ukraine situation.

We were defending our own troops in the 50s and 60s in countries that we had a presence and commitment.

This is not the same and why your solution could have different results.
You just can’t seem to comprehend that we would be doing now what Russia and China did in Korea and Vietnam. That didn’t lead to WW3.

Russia can barely handle Ukraine alone. They are obviously not capable of taking on nato
He doesn't want to take on NATO, he wants to be able to tell his people that NATO is indeed a danger.

He doesn't want to take on NATO, he wants to be able to tell his people that NATO is indeed a danger.
He should fear NATO and right now he obviously doesn’t. If he takes Ukraine he will cast greedy eyes on Poland next.

He should fear NATO and right now he obviously doesn’t. If he takes Ukraine he will cast greedy eyes on Poland next.
Nope. This will be it for him. His military is depleted and his economy is in shambles. Ukraine is it.

Nope. This will be it for him. His military is depleted and his economy is in shambles. Ukraine is it.
For now yes. Then he has Ukraine resources and over time the world forgets and Russia is oil rich. In five years he’s massing troops on Poland borders.

For now yes. Then he has Ukraine resources and over time the world forgets and Russia is oil rich. In five years he’s massing troops on Poland borders.
I don’t think you understand what alliances and treaties are or mean. Have you considered learning a bit about this organization you might have heard of called NATO? Understanding what NATO is might do you some good.

I think we all agree with that statement. The problem, the 800 lb gorilla in the room is that if he is unstable and has the capability and wherewithal to launch a nuke, or nukes. Then what does our big bad self do?
I do agree, we let it get here, but it's here.
We should have had him quietly taken out long ago, by someone not US, so we have plausible deniability.

I don’t think you understand what alliances and treaties are or mean. Have you considered learning a bit about this organization you might have heard of called NATO? Understanding what NATO is might do you some good.
NATO is standing by as a neighbor is being invaded. They have no legal obligation to come to the aid of Ukraine and they have no legal restraint in doing so. They should stop Putin now when he’s already bitten off more than he can chew instead of waiting for him to regroup and come after them.

I think we all agree with that statement. The problem, the 800 lb gorilla in the room is that if he is unstable and has the capability and wherewithal to launch a nuke, or nukes. Then what does our big bad self do?
And that is the club Putin holds up menacingly. If we back down now he will hold the same club over our heads when he invades yet another country and another and another….

And that is the club Putin holds up menacingly. If we back down now he will hold the same club over our heads when he invades yet another country and another and another….
Yep, which is why the full frontal attack tactic doesn't and won't ever work. Unless you and a whole host of others are willing to die in a mutually assured destructive ball of flames, we wait.

Silent assassination is the answer.

A distinction without a difference

A MASSIVE difference. They didn’t attempt to complete prevent the US Air Force from carrying out its missions; they simply provided volunteers to help engage our pilots.

Yep, which is why the full frontal attack tactic doesn't and won't ever work. Unless you and a whole host of others are willing to die in a mutually assured destructive ball of flames, we wait.

Silent assassination is the answer.
Roll the dice? Let Putin have Ukraine and hope he dies before he does this again? I’ve considered that myself but door number 2 looks better to me.

NATO is standing by as a neighbor is being invaded. They have no legal obligation to come to the aid of Ukraine and they have no legal restraint in doing so. They should stop Putin now when he’s already bitten off more than he can chew instead of waiting for him to regroup and come after them.

Stopping Putin using direct force would cause WW3.

A MASSIVE difference. They didn’t attempt to complete prevent the US Air Force from carrying out its missions; they simply provided volunteers to help engage our pilots.
Your actually falling for the propaganda to make your case?

They were not volunteer private citizens. No such thing in Russia or China and they engaged US planes in a foreign war. No difference than what we would do in Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom