• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Says MLK didn't have the effect Floyd did

Is he wrong though? If he said MLK's legacy then yeah he would be very wrong but the actual assassination and its direct effects were almost exclusively American.

Fair point, but, I would argue that MLK opened up the world's eyes......without MLK, would there be a Nelson Mandela? etc, you could argue that's his "legacy" but I think your splitting hairs there.....

This guy. The only good thing about him is he's too old to tweet the dumb stuff that comes into his head.

Fair point, but, I would argue that MLK opened up the world's eyes......without MLK, would there be a Nelson Mandela? etc, you could argue that's his "legacy" but I think your splitting hairs there.....

But that didn't happen right away. That's Biden's point. You are looking for something out of nothing.

There was no video of MLK's assassination. There was no internet. So no, it did not have the same effect. However, his acts and his words lived on and did have an effect on the US and the world.

I mean, you can argue Lincoln's assassination had the same diseffect....

I just find it, incredulous that someone would equate Floyd and MLK......

Technically true since Martin wasn't big on arson and looting.

MLK was concerned about character, BLM is only concerned with skin color....black only.

But that didn't happen right away. That's Biden's point. You are looking for something out of nothing.

Not really, I'm still flabbergasted that someone could equate the two.....both died way too young, both murdered,

That's about the ONLY two things they have in common......to try and equate Flloyd and elevate him to a modern day MLK is so.....insidious....

Not really, I'm still flabbergasted that someone could equate the two.....both died way too young, both murdered,

That's about the ONLY two things they have in common......to try and equate Flloyd and elevate him to a modern day MLK is so.....insidious....

Again, you hate Biden so your bias has you blinded. You will look for something bad if Biden blew his nose in public.

Again, you hate Biden so your bias has you blinded. You will look for something bad if Biden blew his nose in public.

Why the **** would I hate Biden????

During the MLK riots, President Johnson literally had to call the federal army in to help governors in their states.

The governors requested help, and Johnson sent them federal troops.

Like 50 people a day were shot dead for a while.

Were there global protests after the assassination of MLK? Were protests conducted by whites and blacks together? After MLK's assassination, there were riots, yes. They were violent, destructive, angry. There were riots and parades in about 100 US cities for three weeks. These protests over the death of George Floyd have taken on a life of its own around the world. Hundreds of thousands of people from every corner of the world protesting the same things, racism and police brutality. I was a witness in 1968 to the events after the murder of MLK and so was Joe Biden. He is correct, these are far worse because they have a worldwide effect and impact.

He didn't equate the two. You're reading it wrong. This has already been answered; MLK assassination did not have the worldwide impact that Floyd's murder has. As explained, this is because of instant mass communication. What Biden said was correct. You're reading something into it that isn't there.

Biden is already claiming he lost because Trump stole the election. He's lost his mind.

""It’s my greatest concern, my single greatest concern," Biden told host Trevor Noah. "This president is going to try to steal this election. This is a guy who said that all mail-in ballots are fraudulent, voting by mail, while he sits behind the desk in the Oval Office and writes his mail-in ballot to vote in a primary."

Biden says Trump will attempt to '''steal''' presidential election | Fox News

So Biden's SINGLE greatest concern is "ME! ME! ME!"

As a side note, I always thought renaming city streets "MLK Blvd" etc really was just doing something Democrats could not do anymore for a very long time - put up signs warning people they were entering the black part of town. That's what it tells people, doesn't it?

It's not like they renamed "Wall Street" MLK Blvd, did they? :lol:

I mean, you can argue Lincoln's assassination had the same diseffect....

I just find it, incredulous that someone would equate Floyd and MLK......

True, and at the same time, not. Just look at the crowds around the world. There is and is not a =/= comparison. But it has to do more with the times and the technologies, than the substance of the man. MLK was so much more a man of substance.

IF I were ever thinking of voting against Trump in Nov., I couldn't after hearing Joe's latest mindless gaffe.

How could anyone in their right mind say such a thing?

MLK protests were always peaceful often at the cost of their lives by racist Democratic governance known as the Dixiecrats. Joe blows.

MLK protests were always peaceful often at the cost of their lives by racist Democratic governance known as the Dixiecrats. Joe blows.

The dummy has lost his mind and his memory.

Back
Top Bottom