• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he was expressing 'moral outrage' with off-script Putin remarks

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"President Biden defended his controversial remarks in which he appeared to call for regime change in Russia over the weekend – off-script comments that were quickly walked back by his administration.

"I am not walking anything back," he told reporters Monday after making remarks Monday about the release of his budget. "I was expressing the moral outrage that I feel, and I make no apologies for it."

On Saturday, Biden, capping his trip to NATO, said: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

His administration quickly downplayed it, telling reporters that the president's comments did not signal a policy change."

Link

Well put, Mr. President. I dare say we all share in your moral outrage. You speak for all of us. A great leader.

"President Biden defended his controversial remarks in which he appeared to call for regime change in Russia over the weekend – off-script comments that were quickly walked back by his administration.

"I am not walking anything back," he told reporters Monday after making remarks Monday about the release of his budget. "I was expressing the moral outrage that I feel, and I make no apologies for it."

On Saturday, Biden, capping his trip to NATO, said: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

His administration quickly downplayed it, telling reporters that the president's comments did not signal a policy change."

Link

Well put, Mr. President. I dare say we all share in your moral outrage. You speak for all of us. A great leader.
Don't worry. Nobody thinks anything the puppet says signals policy changes. He doesn't make policy.

He's out saying he's not walking anything back while his spokesmen are trying like hell to walk it back. You can't make this stuff up. When did words stop meaning what they mean?

Biden loves to beat his war drum

Reactions: PoS

Link

Hmm… Biden meant what he said (he’s not walking anything back), but simply did not say what he meant. Why should that be hard to understand? ;)

Hmm… Biden meant what he said (he’s not walking anything back), but simply did not say what he meant. Why should that be hard to understand? ;)
Seriously, not literally!

He's out saying he's not walking anything back while his spokesmen are trying like hell to walk it back. You can't make this stuff up. When did words stop meaning what they mean?

Not complicated. Biden expressed his personal feeling as a moral human being, to the policy of the United States. Kind of like Lincoln's attitude toward slavery.

Seriously, not literally!

Yep, much like insisting that the BBB parts of the Biden “budget” do not add one dime to the deficit, however the entire Biden “budget” has a $1.3T deficit. ;)

Well It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is

Yes, he was.

Yes, the aides screwed the pooch by claiming it was somehow about exercising power over neighbors.

Yes, it was true.

No, it still wasn't a good idea. Putin might see it as an accidental omission of real strategy. More likely, Putin will use it to be a pain in the ass in negotiations, or at least more than he would've been.

🤷

“There’s nothing going on between us.”
“There is no improper relationship.”

Oh, I get why that rubs people the wrong way, especially those that pretty much only ever have bad things to say about the left. It was an accurate point about tenses that can only misdirect if you're not paying close attention, but making assumptions. People used to understand that. 1998 Slate:

🤷

Can a technically correct statement that can only misdirect when the careless inquirer assumes his meaning is known be perjury? 🤷

I never got to that question because lying about adultery has absolutely nothing to do with corruption in seeking or exercising office, which is what impeachment is all about. You know, stuff like trying to strong arm an ally (now attacked by Russia) by illegally withholding funds in a bid to extort fabrication of fake dirt on a political opponent. Or whipping up a crowd and sending it to the capitol to murder a bunch of congress and overthrow the republic.

Big stuff. Not private divorce stuff.

Absolutely! “Can‘t remain in power” in no way, shape or form should ever be mistaken to mean “must be removed from power” because that would be supporting regime change which, they (who must never be named) told Biden, is not US policy.

Everyone should understand that Putin “can’t remain in power” really means that Putin can stay in power, but that Putin’s actions have incited “moral outrage” within Joe “Where am I?” Biden - and Joe’s not kidding.

Not complicated. Biden expressed his personal feeling as a moral human being, to the policy of the United States. Kind of like Lincoln's attitude toward slavery.

All well and good but Lincoln didn't have nukes. Biden does and both he and his son are compromised.

Don't worry. Nobody thinks anything the puppet says signals policy changes. He doesn't make policy.

Needs more tinfoil, dude.

And maybe a sign saying "We Await Silent Tristero's Empire".

Except the WH says that's not what he's saying, and that's the issue

Not exactly: it is what Biden is saying (thus the denial that he is walking it back), it’s just that it means “moral outrage” and not “regime change”.

Just like ”respond in kind” does not mean doing the same thing in return (as most would assume) - it really means doing something else entirely which is “proportional” and unspecified.

I have to admit that listening to Biden spew occasional bizarre stuff (which quickly gets walked back) is still better than listening to endless loads of TrumpSpeak which then gets doubled down on when questioned.

By Putin and just about every other spy agency out there. You think Hunter Biden's being on the board of directors of a Ukrainian energy company when Biden was Obama's VP is a secret?

Who listens to Biden expecting a coherent message?

Biden is a class A a$$hat

Part of me wants to flippantly respond "When Trump won the presidency in 2016".

But that wouldn't be accurate.

Words have always had malleable meanings, and politicians are some of the worst benders of words.

Edit: To put it another way, words mean whatever people are willing to accept them as meaning.

That's why you have white supremacists using code words to "dog whistle" messages to those who think like them while sounding mostly normal to someone who isn't "in the know".

And any number of other similar things.

Back
Top Bottom