• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Says He Has No Money To Fight Pandemic

Which video?

There are two articles. One says Biden is sending 500 million to Ukraine, all part of the money approved by Congress.

The money for COVID stuff has not been approved by Congress.

What did you want Biden to do again?
I only posted one article about them spending the money for the border wall. That article has the video.

I only posted one article about them spending the money for the border wall. That article has the video.
Yeah. I watched the border wall video. Nothing in the video even implied that money being spent was illegal or even a violation of policy.

I am still trying to understand what now appears to be two different topics.

As far as the wall thing goes, it almost sounds like you are simply mad Biden isn't building a wall and are lashing out with implications of some nefarious plot to illegally use wall money for something else.

Can you please clarify?

Yeah. I watched the border wall video. Nothing in the video even implied that money being spent was illegal or even a violation of policy.

I am still trying to understand what now appears to be two different topics.

As far as the wall thing goes, it almost sounds like you are simply mad Biden isn't building a wall and are lashing out with implications of some nefarious plot to illegally use wall money for something else.

Can you please clarify?
He will just clarify by telling more lies. Mycroft is a propaganda machine.

You think it's legal that they spend money that was appropriated for border wall construction on other stuff? Even when they haven't declared a national emergency to justify that spending?

I think that's something Congress needs to look into. Maybe next year, eh?

You think it's legal that they spend money that was appropriated for border wall construction on other stuff?

I don't know if it's illegal.

That is what I do when I don't know something. I try to get the facts.

You didn't post any facts about the legality of it.

You evidently don't know if it is illegal...which is fine except for the fact that you seem to be blindly assuming it is probably for partisan reasons.

The video doesn't indicate that it is illegal.

Most likely the "wall money" includes many facets of building a wall and what they used it for was part of that.

Even when they haven't declared a national emergency to justify that spending?
I think that's something Congress needs to look into. Maybe next year, eh?
You could look into it if you actually cared.

Probably wouldn't even take that long.

I would guess the bill that allocated those funds is public knowledge.

I might even look into later on today when I get time. If I do I will get back to you.

Please. Feel free to correct my understanding.
His statement claims Congress didn't provide enough money for COVID stuff.
Biden doesn't control that money.
Does the the 500 Million of aid come from Congress or the executive? The article doesn't say.
1649296391318.png

Here's a solution, stop spending any money on the former pandemic. Go back to dealing with it as an ordinary lethal disease.

“Congress hasn’t provided enough money to keep purchasing these monoclonal bo- — antibodies. We’ve had to cancel planned orders and cut the supply we’re sending to the states. Without more funding, we’ll start to run out of them by the end of May — the end of May. We’ve also had to scale back our plan to purchase more preventive therapies for Americans who are immunocompromised — critical tools to protect the most vulnerable among us. Without more funding, we risk running out of the supply by this fall.” (link)

Three minutes later, the WH says this...

“President Biden informed President Zelenskyy that the United States intends to provide the Ukrainian government with $500 million in direct budgetary aid” (link)

And people wonder why the Biden administration's approval numbers are in the toilet.

SMH
May be this is the reason why no one wants to give Biden Covid money. He will simply misuse the funds.

or perhaps state and local governments never needed the money.

That is a lot of wasted money that could have been used for monoclonal antibody treatment Biden never wanted to promote.

“Congress hasn’t provided enough money to keep purchasing these monoclonal bo- — antibodies. We’ve had to cancel planned orders and cut the supply we’re sending to the states. Without more funding, we’ll start to run out of them by the end of May — the end of May. We’ve also had to scale back our plan to purchase more preventive therapies for Americans who are immunocompromised — critical tools to protect the most vulnerable among us. Without more funding, we risk running out of the supply by this fall.” (link)

“President Biden informed President Zelenskyy that the United States intends to provide the Ukrainian government with $500 million in direct budgetary aid” (link)

And people wonder why the Biden administration's approval numbers are in the toilet.

SMH

Does the money the President authorize for spending come from appropriation Bills passed by Congress? Yes or No

I would venture a guess that those who disapprove of Biden's aid to Ukraine and asking for more money from Congress for covid do not understand the budget process in the US.
They fail to understand Congress controls the purse strings. A fact you either ignore or won't acknowledge.

Trying to debate by posting memes is not a good luck...just saying.

What is the source of the above statement?

Why is the above statement not in quotes?

Why is there absolutely no context here?

Those are questions you should be asking if you were concerned with facts instead of political narrative.

Get back to me when you find a reputable argument that is not based on a meme.

Trying to debate by posting memes is not a good luck...just saying.
What is the source of the above statement?
Why is the above statement not in quotes?
Why is there absolutely no context here?
Those are questions you should be asking if you were concerned with facts instead of political narrative.
Get back to me when you find a reputable argument that is not based on a meme.
ignored, was that fast enough...
and proofread your work in the future... luck v look
-peace
200.gif

Last edited:

SMH

Does he not know that the CDC removed monoclonal antibodies from approved treatments?

Or that that they just passed a 1.5 trillion dollar omnibus? Even ignoring the issue of misplaced priorities, theyve been given plenty of money for all sorts of health related spending.

TITLE II

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

For carrying out titles II and III of the Public Health Service Act
(referred to in this Act as the ``PHS Act'') with respect to primary
health care and the Native Hawaiian Health Care Act of 1988,
$1,748,772,000:

May be this is the reason why no one wants to give Biden Covid money. He will simply misuse the funds.
or perhaps state and local governments never needed the money.
That is a lot of wasted money that could have been used for monoclonal antibody treatment Biden never wanted to promote.
PUBLISHED TUE, DEC 21 20211:03 PM EST
UPDATED TUE, DEC 21 20214:56 PM EST

1649365279979.png

Back
Top Bottom