• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he’s ‘the most qualified person in the country’ to be president

ipsofacto

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president. The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I’ve worked on my whole life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.4293c670ed4f

There's that middle management language Democrats subscribe to. Biden thinks he's applying for a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store. "Qualified?!"

On the Democrats side, without knowing who all will be throwing their knickers in the ring, I tend to agree.

On the Democrats side, without knowing who all will be throwing their knickers in the ring, I tend to agree.

Any US citizen old enough is "qualified" to be president. A very low standard.

That unpossible

Donald the John Trump is the most qualified president ever

Which is a sad state of affairs.

“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president. The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I’ve worked on my whole life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.4293c670ed4f

There's that middle management language Democrats subscribe to. Biden thinks he's applying for a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store. "Qualified?!"

Well, even if it does sound a little arrogant, I tend to agree: Joe Biden is definitely the most qualified candidate that the Democrats can field. I would not necessarily want the man as President, but he is certainly qualified by dint of his experience and accomplishments in the political arena.

Well, even if it does sound a little arrogant, I tend to agree: Joe Biden is definitely the most qualified candidate that the Democrats can field. I would not necessarily want the man as President, but he is certainly qualified by dint of his experience and accomplishments in the political arena.

There is nothing wrong with Biden running for president. Competition is good.

When a politician begins with, “ I’ll be as straight as I can with you,” you know you’re getting ready to hear a lie.......

When a politician begins with, “ I’ll be as straight as I can with you,” you know you’re getting ready to hear a lie.......

How about starting with "Here's my vision for America."

Yeah, he actually is qualified for the position.

And, as a plus, he's not mobbed-up, a lifelong conman or a ***** like the guy currently in the White House.

Funny that that triggers you.

Any US citizen old enough is "qualified" to be president. A very low standard.

The Constitution gives three eligibility requirements to be president, 35 years old, a resident within the United States for 14 years, and a natural born Citizen, a term not defined in the Constitution, beyond that the voter decides what additional qualifications are necessary.

Of the currently viable front running candidates in both parties, he may be right. If anything, he definitely understands the working man authentically, and would never have allowed the Trump tax cuts to go through in such a lop-sided against the working-class manner. He's a champion of working men & women, and that's exactly what the country needs today.

And, as a plus, he's not mobbed-up, a lifelong conman or a ***** like the guy currently in the White House.

Huh? "triggers?!" What are you talking about?

"Con man"?

Biden would be, as a lifelong politician, the very definition of that.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I had to fight the urge to like Biden during the Obama years. It was hard sometimes. I mostly managed to maintain my curled lip, but he really did have a winning personality to go along with his great breadth of knowledge and experience.

If Democrats had chosen him for their nominee instead of doing the "we owe Hillary" thing, we wouldn't be in the current Trumpian nightmare.

I had to fight the urge to like Biden during the Obama years. It was hard sometimes. I mostly managed to maintain my curled lip, but he really did have a winning personality to go along with his great breadth of knowledge and experience.

If Democrats had chosen him for their nominee instead of doing the "we owe Hillary" thing, we wouldn't be in the current Trumpian nightmare.

The DNC was hugely mistaken in pushing everyone out of the primary in order to anoint Hillary.

"Con man"?

Biden would be, as a lifelong politician, the very definition of that.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk
Can you show evidence of Biden being a con man?

I couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

But remember, it appears it was Biden himself that indeed made the decision to not run.

I thought Biden and Warren was the winning ticket. Biden to draw the moderate Dems and Indies, Warren to bring along the Bernie Babies. In Presidential elections when Dems are excited about their candidate and show-up, they win and their coat-tails are long.

I would suggest that Biden is right about his qualifications. The question then becomes about other factors like energy, physical stamina, energy, drive and the ability to do a very taxing job and still be doing it six years from now.

Well, that can't be true. As trump always tells us, he's a "very stable genius", he's "got a very good brain", and he, "says a lot of things".

Based on what trump says, he's much smarter than Biden.

Like when trump says, "believe me"?

The Constitution gives three eligibility requirements to be president, 35 years old, a resident within the United States for 14 years, and a natural born Citizen, a term not defined in the Constitution, beyond that the voter decides what additional qualifications are necessary.

And with the exception of Trump supporters, voters overwhelmingly agree that that experience, expertise, and sanity are necessary

So McCain's entire "straight talk express" campaign was a lie? No.

Nonetheless, what Biden said was a opinion rather than a statement of fact, hence its not a lie. The term "lie", while oft associated with politicians, is none the less overused...... except in the case of Donald Trump, where 2/3 of his statements are lies.

Biden's mob is the DNC.

I couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

But remember, it appears it was Biden himself that indeed made the decision to not run.

I thought Biden and Warren was the winning ticket. Biden to draw the moderate Dems and Indies, Warren to bring along the Bernie Babies. In Presidential elections when Dems are excited about their candidate and show-up, they win and their coat-tails are long.

Well, yes, technically Biden made the decision. But if all the big money and so many superdelegates hadn't lined up prematurely behind Hillary, he might have made a different decision. It was part of the systemic problem Democrats had where Obama left the DNC finances in shambles, making the DNC beholden to Hillary's money, while the Hillary machine was strongarming the state committees to back her, sweetening the pot with a promise of a share in the supposedly doubled donations that Hillary's scheme was supposed to bring in from the uber rich.

So, technically Biden made the decision, and made it late because of the death of his son. But ......

Back
Top Bottom