• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden said we’d ‘find out’ whether Putin would act on ransomware. Now we have.

so whats now?

• Biden Will retaliate with Iranian oil - gas- bank sanctions

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • with bunch of tweets

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
"
Are they going to act?” President Biden asked after his meeting with President Vladimir Putin in Geneva about whether the Russian government would finally crack down on ransomware gangs. His answer to his own question: “We’ll find out.” Now we have.

A massive attack by hacking group REvil struck up to 1,500 businesses in the United States, Europe and Asia late last week — reportedly the single largest such salvo in history, and only the latest in a series of encroachments by collectives based in or otherwise linked to Russia. Thankfully, the breach of IT software firm Kaseya appears to have caused less damage and disruption to critical industry than the recent compromises this spring of food processor JBS and oil transport network Colonial Pipeline. But that the incursion occurred at all is a troubling sign that Mr. Putin has not heeded Mr. Biden’s exhortation to stop the cybercriminals who currently operate in his country from wreaking havoc worldwide."

so whats now?
Will Biden retaliate with Iranian oil - gas- bank sanctions ?
or with bunch of tweets ?

"
Are they going to act?” President Biden asked after his meeting with President Vladimir Putin in Geneva about whether the Russian government would finally crack down on ransomware gangs. His answer to his own question: “We’ll find out.” Now we have.

A massive attack by hacking group REvil struck up to 1,500 businesses in the United States, Europe and Asia late last week — reportedly the single largest such salvo in history, and only the latest in a series of encroachments by collectives based in or otherwise linked to Russia. Thankfully, the breach of IT software firm Kaseya appears to have caused less damage and disruption to critical industry than the recent compromises this spring of food processor JBS and oil transport network Colonial Pipeline. But that the incursion occurred at all is a troubling sign that Mr. Putin has not heeded Mr. Biden’s exhortation to stop the cybercriminals who currently operate in his country from wreaking havoc worldwide."

so whats now?
Slo-Joe: "Ummm...let me see (flipping through his note cards)...ummm...well...we'll do something...we are studying the situation...but, you know, all men are created...well...YOU KNOW, THE THING!!. Oh...gotta go. I'm going to get into trouble if I keep talking."

Slo-Joe: "Ummm...let me see (flipping through his note cards)...ummm...well...we'll do something...we are studying the situation...but, you know, all men are created...well...YOU KNOW, THE THING!!. Oh...gotta go. I'm going to get into trouble if I keep talking."

Sadly, that's still an improvement on the "announce we'll have a plan that'll blow your socks off in two weeks, and then do nothing" strategy.

On the ransomware, sanctions are really the only practical solution, and they are at least somewhat effective.

Are they going to act?
Nothing will happen.
Unlike the total majority of this forum, I watched the press conferences not with excerpts and without off-screen comments from journalists, but entirely, both ...
Putin made it clear that American diplomacy is arrogant, they do not want to give mirror guarantees to their demands for investigating hacker attacks from the territory of Russia. That is, if state-owned or industrial institutions of Russia are attacked by hackers from the territory of the United States, then the American government does not want to give the same guarantees of investigations that it requires from Russia.
Alas, this is not how it works, not with Russia and Putin gave a clear refusal in this direction. No one will lift a finger as long as the United States does not perceive Russia as an equal partner in the criminal prosecution of hackers.

Sadly, that's still an improvement on the "announce we'll have a plan that'll blow your socks off in two weeks, and then do nothing" strategy.

On the ransomware, sanctions are really the only practical solution, and they are at least somewhat effective.
the sanctions for the hell (Iranian ) can crash Moscow empire in 3-4 weeks , why Biden doesn't act like R. Reagan ? when USA/liberal order under Moscow´s barbaric attack ?

Screen shot 2017-04-02 at 3.14.03 PM.png

Nothing will happen.
Unlike the total majority of this forum, I watched the press conferences not with excerpts and without off-screen comments from journalists, but entirely, both ...
Putin made it clear that American diplomacy is arrogant, they do not want to give mirror guarantees to their demands for investigating hacker attacks from the territory of Russia. That is, if state-owned or industrial institutions of Russia are attacked by hackers from the territory of the United States, then the American government does not want to give the same guarantees of investigations that it requires from Russia.
Alas, this is not how it works, not with Russia and Putin gave a clear refusal in this direction. No one will lift a finger as long as the United States does not perceive Russia as an equal partner in the criminal prosecution of hackers.
we will crash you , in long run or in short one , doesn't matter , the result will be like in 1991 but this time without free bread ....

Just+How+Big+is+Texas+10th+largest+economy+in+the+world+based+on+gross+domestic+product.+June+2018+%E2%80%93+U.S.+surpassed+Russia+in+crude+oil+production..jpg

the sanctions for the hell (Iranian ) can crash Moscow empire in 3-4 weeks , why Biden doesn't act like R. Reagan ? when USA/liberal order under Moscow´s barbaric attack ?

View attachment 67342018

I'm no expert, but at a certain point it's because they are a nuclear power.

If we push them too hard at the wrong time, potentially it all goes up.

So I figure slow, steady, obvious pressure is the way to go.

we will crash you , in long run or in short one , doesn't matter , the result will be like in 1991 but this time without free bread ....

Just+How+Big+is+Texas+10th+largest+economy+in+the+world+based+on+gross+domestic+product.+June+2018+%E2%80%93+U.S.+surpassed+Russia+in+crude+oil+production..jpg
You're awfully stuffy.
What's it got to do with you and Texas? What does a Ukrainian (who escaped from his country when there was a war in it) and Texas have to do with it?
Litwin you have nothing to do with the West or their values... you are an offended hohol, an ordinary nationalist. Why you add yourself to the West is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

I'm no expert, but at a certain point it's because they are a nuclear power.

If we push them too hard at the wrong time, potentially it all goes up.

So I figure slow, steady, obvious pressure is the way to go.
whats about ussr ? did nuclear power save ussr?

whats about ussr ? did nuclear power save ussr?

Yes, the Cold War was a victory for every single human being on the planet, even with their extended troubles, because it stayed cold.

I'm not saying we need to be afraid of them or kowtow to them, but it adjusts your priorities.

If we make it clear we'll crush them regardless, their incentive to behave peacefully is reduced.

"You know...... ...... ........ I asked him. I said Mr Putin Maneko 'did the Russians hack us?' and ya know he said "Theres no proof" an we did a LATTERAL SEARCH and there ssome money in China... ERRR.. I mean Russia.. You know what I mean.. CMON MAN. And we did the Latteral and... You know.... Bitcoin is dangerous." ~Farside Biden

Yes, the Cold War was a victory for every single human being on the planet, even with their extended troubles, because it stayed cold.

I'm not saying we need to be afraid of them or kowtow to them, but it adjusts your priorities.

If we make it clear we'll crush them regardless, their incentive to behave peacefully is reduced.
well, cold war is a racist term do you know how many people were killed, enslaved, raped, during so called Cold War ? millions....

Another litwin thread begging Americans to be the mercenaries of his own ethnic feud. Back to stormfront ye go.

well, cold war is a racist term do you know how many people were killed, enslaved, raped, during so called Cold War ? millions....

Which race am I offending? I like to track my stats!

download.jpg

We have a lot of sanctions on Russia now. Any future sanctions need to be truly draconian to get their attention. I favor walling off Putin from access to his own money. Make it so he has to pawn his watch for a cup of coffee.

We have a lot of sanctions on Russia now. Any future sanctions need to be truly draconian to get their attention. I favor walling off Putin from access to his own money. Make it so he has to pawn his watch for a cup of coffee.
no we dont , this what we (USA/Free world ) have to introduce on Moscow

well, cold war is a racist term

One of the stupidest things I have seen on this forum.

Try explaining.

Use words.

do you know how many people were killed, enslaved, raped, during so called Cold War ? millions....

Yep. Blood on both sides hands.

Which race am I offending? I like to track my stats!
not you, but term itself, we ´d use WW3 instead
update

"

so whats now?
What will be done won't directly involve Iran, that is a separate issue.

Whatever is done won't have a Reaganesque speech. Like the cyber attack on Iranian nuclear program computers it will be the victim's choice to announce the results. Cyber warfare- the new Secret Service... ✌️

We don't hold any moral high ground here. We've attacked other countries computer systems in the past; we're probably doing it right now. Stuxnet ring a bell? Made right here in the good ol' USA (with help from Israel).

We don't hold any moral high ground here. We've attacked other countries computer systems in the past; we're probably doing it right now. Stuxnet ring a bell? Made right here in the good ol' USA (with help from Israel).
you are wrong, we (Free world) are the democracies , Moscow is an Asiatic despotic tyranny which bomb own people in order to stay in power

Back
Top Bottom