• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Said Americans “Yield” Their Rights to Government.

perhaps because the NYT is not considered a questionable source.
Well, I guess the left wouldn't see it that way. How many on that list were left leaning? Don't you see the skew?

Yes, we choose to yield to the gov as opposed to the gov owning us upon birth.

If we are born with rights, why would we yield them to the government?
We have inalienable rights and choose to yield other powers. If we didn't yield any power, not a road would have been built. Gov needs such power, like eminent domain, to do much of anything.

I told him that, unlike other countries, including Russia, we’re uniquely a product of an idea. You’ve heard me say this before, again and again, but I’m going to keep saying it. What’s that idea? We don’t derive our rights from the government; we possess them because we’re born — period. And we yield them to a government.

I have to decide if the OP is incapable of reading and understanding simple concepts, or just posts any crap that comes to mind.

Maybe a bit of both.

I imagine most third graders can read the above and come to a better understanding than the OP. How many of these bs threads exist right now?

We have inalienable rights and choose to yield other powers. If we didn't yield any power, not a road would have been built. Gov needs such power, like eminent domain, to do much of anything.

Um, you do realize were talking about human rights? Like due process, against excessive search and seizures?

You can yield your rights if you want, but don't give away mine.

I have to decide if the OP is incapable of reading and understanding simple concepts, or just posts any crap that comes to mind.

Maybe a bit of both.

I imagine most third graders can read the above and come to a better understanding than the OP. How many of these bs threads exist right now?

Why would I give away the rights I was born with to the government?

I think it is YOU who doesn't understand.

I don't yield squat Mr Joe

-------------------
'
JJoke Biden said something very dangerous in Geneva that doesn’t seem to be getting much coverage anywhere. He didn’t even correct himself if this was just another gaffe. Biden flat out said that Americans yield their rights to the government. WHAT THE HELL? I’ll be damned if I’ll yield anything to the corrupt government, let alone my right.

thats how social contract theory works

Um, you do realize were talking about human rights? Like due process, against excessive search and seizures?

You can yield your rights if you want, but don't give away mine.
I watched Biden say this and did not hear anything about yielding human rights. In fact, I heard just the opposite. What I heard was that we choose to yield to the gov things that enable the gov to govern. This contrasts the Soviet system. Perhaps you watched the FOX version or read the Bill Barr summary?

I watched Biden say this and did not hear anything about yielding human rights. In fact, I heard just the opposite. What I heard was that we choose to yield to the gov things that enable the gov to govern. This contrasts the Soviet system. Perhaps you watched the FOX version or read the Bill Barr summary?

Try agian. Multiple times in the video he talked about human rights. The rights he was talking about is human rights.

Doesn't matter where the source is from. His words are coming from his lips the same as Fox or CNN.

Last edited:

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate the Pacific Pundit a Questionable source based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda/conspiracy, use of poor sources, a complete lack of transparency and failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History
Founded in 2012, Pacific Pundit, like most questionable news sources does not provide an about page to describe their mission or ownership.
Read our profile on the United States government and media.

Funded by / Ownership
Pacific Pundit does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived from advertising.

I would say you need a better source. This article is a lie or a half truth at best.

Can you disprove the actual words rather than just attacking the source?

Can you disprove the actual words rather than just attacking the source?

Hes more of a hit and run poster. He refutes the source, rather than the evidence, then leaves without explaining why.

Because if he did, his argument would fall apart.

Try agian. Multiple times in the video he talked about human rights. The rights he was talking about is human rights.
Lol, I watched the whole thing not the FOX reporter.

Lol, I watched the whole thing not the FOX reporter.

The bumbling, mumbling dude giving the speech is the President, not the Fox reporter. Human rights, I'm not yielding them to the government.

Bidens speech:
Human rights is going to always be on the table,” I told him. It’s not about just going after Russia when they violate human rights. It’s about who we are. How could I be the president of the United States of America and not speak out against the violation of human rights?

I told him that unlike other countries, including Russia, we’re uniquely a product of an idea. You’ve heard me say this before again and again, but I’m going to keep saying it. What’s that idea? We don’t derive our rights from the government. We possess them because we’re born period and we yield them to a government. The forum I pointed out to him that that’s why we’re going to raise our concerns about cases like Alexei Navalny. I made it clear to President Putin that we’ll continue to raise issues of fundamental human rights because that’s what we are

Biden has no qualms for us to give our human rights to the government.

Last edited:
I don't yield squat Mr Joe

-------------------
'
JJoke Biden said something very dangerous in Geneva that doesn’t seem to be getting much coverage anywhere. He didn’t even correct himself if this was just another gaffe. Biden flat out said that Americans yield their rights to the government. WHAT THE HELL? I’ll be damned if I’ll yield anything to the corrupt government, let alone my right.

Well, since I cannot pull down the tray and snort a line of coke on a commercial airliner, I'd say he's right. No?

Biden, what a moron. Talks about human rights and expects Americans to yield rights to the government. The very reason why human rights are violated.
The American people yielded certain rights, such as vigilantism, in order to form a constitutional government that established justice, insured domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare and secure our property rights.

Biden was speaking the language of the founding fathers and John Locke's social contract theory.

So what did he say, then?

The transcript of the the speech he gave is here. The salient portions are quoted below:

I also told him that no President of the United States could keep faith with the American people if they did not speak out to defend our democratic values, to stand up for the universal rights and fundamental freedoms that all men and women have, in our view. That’s just part of the DNA of our country.

So, human rights is going to always be on the table, I told him. It’s not about just going after Russia when they violate human rights; it’s about who we are. How could I be the President of the United States of America and not speak out against the violation of human rights?

I told him that, unlike other countries, including Russia, we’re uniquely a product of an idea. You’ve heard me say this before, again and again, but I’m going to keep saying it. What’s that idea? We don’t derive our rights from the government; we possess them because we’re born — period. And we yield them to a government.

And so, at the forum, I pointed out to him that that’s why we’re going raise our concerns about cases like Aleksey Navalny. I made it clear to President Putin that we’ll continue to raise issues of fundamental human rights because that’s what we are, that’s who we are. The idea is: “We hold these truths self-evident that all men and women…” We haven’t lived up to it completely, but we’ve always widened the arc of commitment and included more and more people.

I do not find them offensive in the slightest. These are true statements that are spoken regularly by Americans of all political stripes, because it is made in reference to social contract theory, which goes to the legitimacy of government being based on the consent of the governed. We are born with our freedoms inherent in us by virtue of our humanity. A legitimate government exists to protect those freedoms, but in order to do so, we give up some measure of our absolute freedoms to the government in order to ensure our other rights. For example, we give up our right to private vengeance or the freedom to commit violence in order that we may be protected from misplaced vengeance and violence from others.

Last edited:
The bumbling, mumbling dude giving the speech is the President, not the Fox reporter. Human rights, I'm not yielding them to the government.

Bidens speech:

Biden has no qualms for us to give our human rights to the government.
"How could I be the president of the United States of America and not speak out against the violation of human rights?"

Back
Top Bottom