• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden reverses Trump move to open up more oil drilling in Arctic

Here are 3 reasons why Big Oil can't just drill more to ease the pain at the gas pump​

The big reason is that they know the party is nearly over.

It’s very likely that once the Ukraine War is over, oil prices will drop back down to pre covid levels and fall from there.

Covid already gave the oil industry a preview of what the world will begin to look like once peak oil consumption is reached and the decline starts due to renewables.

They know all the investment money is going into batteries and renewables.

Exxon and Shell were both willing to write their investments in Siberia off.

The frackers are not opening up wells, because they don’t want the price to drop, and they don’t want to invest any money either.

Do you believe in global warming? If so, you should applaud the move;

"Kristen Monsell, oceans legal director of the Center for Biological Diversity, said the Biden administration’s reversal isn’t enough to address the climate crisis and end new fossil fuel extraction."

It's the fate of the human race that is at stake.
Anyone who truly believes, that petroleum should be abolished, is a lunatic that has zero understanding of good energy policy. Biden is owned by the Green New Dealers, senile and lost his sack years ago. He's a ****ing coward and a traitor in everything that he does; he fails to fulfill his oath to protect the Constitution and execute the laws. Whether it's oil, gas, or nuclear energy; the border or foreign policy, he's failed the American people at all of it.

Anyone who truly believes, that petroleum should be abolished, is a lunatic that has zero understanding of good energy policy. Biden is owned by the Green New Dealers, senile and lost his sack years ago. He's a ****ing coward and a traitor in everything that he does; he fails to fulfill his oath to protect the Constitution and execute the laws. Whether it's oil, gas, or nuclear energy; the border or foreign policy, he's failed the American people at all of it.

You'll never stop tinkling in your panties over the fact that your crush lost to an old man.

Yes the planet warms....and cools. Regardless of human activity since time immemorial.

Hyperbole much? This is why the moniker "climate alarmist" applies so well.
And why climate morons still argue that we can dig up and release all the sequestered carbon on Earth and not change a thing. Most of the Earth mass extinctions we caused by upsetting the carbon cycle. It's not nice to mess with mother nature.

Yet another climate moron that thinks god controls our temperature no doubt. God stood by while 90% of the species on earth went extinct more than once in our planet's history due to disturbances in the carbon balance. He is not going to save us now. Burning fossil energy for transportation or heat will be abolished in the next few decades.

sigh.

Based on your answer then you want the US to supply oil to other countries. By doing so may not help the shortage in the US

Yes, you seem to have missed the concept about supply and demand.
Why does Biden beg opec to increase production? Answer is more oil on the world market lowers the price. No different when we increase production. Get it now?

And your grandkids will remember him every time they look back to what their life may have looked like if President Biden hadn't started making choices about the future, not pandering to a short term political issue.
Right. Your grandkids will have their lives ruined because we drilled in a very small portion of the arctic preserve.

Why does Biden beg opec to increase production? Answer is more oil on the world market lowers the price. No different when we increase production. Get it now?
Would it not be better to just use US oil in the US?

Why are you worried about how much oil China has? Get it now.

Was it not one of your threads about Biden releasing oil from the reserve which benefits China?

i bet you would have been rabidly against the automobile and airplane.

Would it not be better to just use US oil in the US?

Why are you worried about how much oil China has? Get it now.

Was it not one of your threads about Biden releasing oil from the reserve which benefits China?

Educate yourself. Think instead of knee jerk react.

“you need different kinds of oil to make different products and, despite the rapid increase in domestic oil output, significant portions of the oil that is being produced here may not be what is needed to make all of the products Americans use. This underscores the need for flexibility in trading oil internationally – marketing supplies that might not match local needs to global buyers – which is integral to unlocking the United States’ productive potential. “

“For these reasons and others it’s neither practical nor in our country’s best interest to keep American oil here at home and opt out of the global crude market.”

Educate yourself. Think instead of knee jerk react.

“you need different kinds of oil to make different products and, despite the rapid increase in domestic oil output, significant portions of the oil that is being produced here may not be what is needed to make all of the products Americans use. This underscores the need for flexibility in trading oil internationally – marketing supplies that might not match local needs to global buyers – which is integral to unlocking the United States’ productive potential. “

“For these reasons and others it’s neither practical nor in our country’s best interest to keep American oil here at home and opt out of the global crude market.”

I know about oil type.
Prove that the oil that would be pumped from the artic is of a type the US can't use or need.
Using your logic then all oil pumped in the US is not the grade we need. We have to sell it to someone else.

Right. Your grandkids will have their lives ruined because we drilled in a very small portion of the arctic preserve.
No, our grandkids will live in an environmental hell hole (assuming no dramatic change in technology) because we continue to wallow in a product that will lead to it. You don't stop fossil fuel by turning a switch. You make changes to the status quo. Not adding more supplies is an excellent move imo. And I didn't even touch on the likelihood that a pristine portion of the globe will not be despoiled by one of the dirtiest industries on Earth.

No, our grandkids will live in an environmental hell hole (assuming no dramatic change in technology) because we continue to wallow in a product that will lead to it. You don't stop fossil fuel by turning a switch. You make changes to the status quo. Not adding more supplies is an excellent move imo. And I didn't even touch on the likelihood that a pristine portion of the globe will not be despoiled by one of the dirtiest industries on Earth.
Do you pay for your gas or does someone else pay for it? Are you old enough to drive?

Do you pay for your gas or does someone else pay for it? Are you old enough to drive?
Yes, I proudly pay the highest gas prices in the nation because I know we already are paying way too little for the product.

Do you approve of taxpayers funding the negative impact from the use of their product so that the energy companies can continue to post record profits?

Yes, I proudly pay the highest gas prices in the nation because I know we already are paying way too little for the product.

Do you approve of taxpayers funding the negative impact from the use of their product so that the energy companies can continue to post record profits?
Well you’ll also be proud of the recession high gas prices will drag us into I guess.

Well you’ll also be proud of the recession high gas prices will drag us into I guess.
If you've structured your life correctly, recessions aren't an issue.

No debt.
Low expenses.
Stable career that booms on economic disparities.

I would be more sympathetic, but Americans have shown me that they don't care about each other so '****em'.

I am nicer in person though.

If you've structured your life correctly, recessions aren't an issue.

No debt.
Low expenses.
Stable career that booms on economic disparities.

I would be more sympathetic, but Americans have shown me that they don't care about each other so '****em'.

I am nicer in person though.
So everyone should be able to afford an indefinite loss of income after losing their jobs?

We all enjoy the modern lifestyle fossil fuel provides and we should all share the burden of it’s cost.
Non responsive. We already share in the costs, every time we fill up. The year the BP had the oil spill in the gulf (which cost US taxpayers $10 billion) they posted a $4.4 billion dollar profit in the 4th quarter. You're good with that?

Non responsive. We already share in the costs, every time we fill up. The year the BP had the oil spill in the gulf (which cost US taxpayers $10 billion) they posted a $4.4 billion dollar profit in the 4th quarter. You're good with that?
Exactly. We all share the cost every time we fill up. You want punitive damages for oil companies so do you want the same for environmental damage caused by lithium mining? The "real cost" of lithium in e car batteries?

Exactly. We all share the cost every time we fill up. You want punitive damages for oil companies so do you want the same for environmental damage caused by lithium mining? The "real cost" of lithium in e car batteries?
I do not want to subsidize negative outcomes. We are not guaranteed cheap products, but you refer to a company paying for the shit they do as punitive? What negative expenses does your business get to pass onto the public so they don't impact your profit?

Back
Top Bottom